Womens Tennis in General, vol. 2 - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #166
country flag Yksi

Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold
Re: Womens Tennis in General, vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Guess who won that match?
Rezai!
You have to respect the level of skill involved in winning a match against two top players... without even being on court with them!
Yksi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 13th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #167
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa, Kvitova was up a set and 4-2 on Kirilenko when she completely fell apart, eventually losing the set with 4 consecutive DFs! 3rd set will decide.
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 11:10 PM   #168
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Kirilenko now beaten Aga and Kvitova. Impressive. 3 set stats were 17 w / 19 ue ... Now, had Caro had such stats, GM would be screaming PUSHER and bloody murder, but seeing as Kirilenko isn't Caro, it's such a great victory and blah blah ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #169
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Kirilenko now beaten Aga and Kvitova. Impressive. 3 set stats were 17 w / 19 ue ... Now, had Caro had such stats, GM would be screaming PUSHER and bloody murder, but seeing as Kirilenko isn't Caro, it's such a great victory and blah blah ..
Do you know the stats for Kvitova?

No, but she's called a cheater instead.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #170
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Do you know the stats for Kvitova?

No, but she's called a cheater instead.
I think Kvitova was 43 / 48 .. Also made 10 aces and 12 DF.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 02:32 AM   #171
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
I'm eager to see a new Caro - Errani encounter so I looked up the match details from Beijing 10 (their last meet). Guess who won that match?
Rezai!
Hahah...that's pretty funny.

I don't think Caro would do well in a match against Errani these days based on how she's done against Aga and Kerber. Caro's offensive game isn't where it needs to be to beat good defenders.

Even during Caro's best period of results on tour she only went 3-2 against a very good defender in Zvonareva.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #172
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

WTA Linz twitter

WTALinz
It's 6:26am @BNPPARIBASOPEN at the moment. @VikaUpdates will play @CaroWozniacki not before 3pm today! we can't wait go Vika!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #173
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
WTA Linz twitter

WTALinz
It's 6:26am @BNPPARIBASOPEN at the moment. @VikaUpdates will play @CaroWozniacki not before 3pm today! we can't wait go Vika!
Ugh. I don't think tournaments should be supporting one player or another. It's not being very inviting to potential players of their tournament.

I think Linz is a tournament Caro should skip for now if she had thought about playing it at some point.

That's not even Vika's twitter account.
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #174
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Ugh. I don't think tournaments should be supporting one player or another. It's not being very inviting to potential players of their tournament.

I think Linz is a tournament Caro should skip for now if she had thought about playing it at some point.

That's not even Vika's twitter account.
My thoughts exactly!
Here's their reply to me ( I wrote them that I doubt Caro will ever play in Linz if she reads the tweet ):
WTALinz
@CWTennis @CaroWozniacki @WTA that would be too bad, we would love to have her in Linz sometime! Of course we wish her all the best too!

Old Mar 14th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #175
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing that it is just the usual silliness but can anyone tell me why Maria Kirilenko is now being referred to as a cheater by some posters in GM?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #176
country flag CWTennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I'm guessing that it is just the usual silliness but can anyone tell me why Maria Kirilenko is now being referred to as a cheater by some posters in GM?
here you go:

Old Mar 14th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #177
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
So is Caro. She is Cheatniacki ... I don't know about Caro neither, but I'll venture a guess. The person calling Kirilenko a cheater wasn't by chance a Kvitova-fan?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #178
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
So is Caro. She is Cheatniacki ... I don't know about Caro neither, but I'll venture a guess. The person calling Kirilenko a cheater wasn't by chance a Kvitova-fan?
Possibly but I think it started in the previous round after Maria defeated Agnieszka.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #179
country flag TennisFan66

^^ Yes, I remember that .. Kirilenko lost the point as Umpire called 'hindrance'. That's why Kirilenko is a 'cheater'? Seriously. GM. *rolls eyes*

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #180
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Stosur withdraws with a right calf injury and Kerber is through to the SF. It doesn't change the schedule for the Caro - Vika match.