Vika is going to replace Serena,Maria,Na as the richest WTA player - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #31
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vika is going to replace Serena,Maria,Na as the richest WTA player

Belarus has no sporting celebrities recognized on the US/European/Chinese market so it's obvious she won't make nowhere near as much on endorsements as Maria and Li even if she wanted to. She'll never be the richest WTA player even if she wins another 10 slams
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:31 AM   #32
country flag Vulturepova
Step to this. I dare you.

Vulturepova has a reputation beyond repute Vulturepova has a reputation beyond repute Vulturepova has a reputation beyond repute Vulturepova has a reputation beyond repute Vulturepova has a reputation beyond repute Vulturepova has a reputation beyond repute Vulturepova has a reputation beyond repute Vulturepova has a reputation beyond repute Vulturepova has a reputation beyond repute Vulturepova has a reputation beyond repute Vulturepova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
In terms of prize money I can totally see that happening. But she won't make nearly as much as Sharapova makes on endorsements, she's not the type for that.
Yeah, she could, but she just doesn't want to

Nothing to do with the fact she is unattractive and universally hated...

PopCon 2013.
Vulturepova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:31 AM   #33
country flag ReboundAce

ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future ReboundAce has a brilliant future

They are actualy working hard on improving in the pr department, she recently hired Nadal's PR publicist, so who knows
ReboundAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #34
country flag L'Enfant Sauvage

L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Vika

Let's not pretend that it's her attitude that's costing her the endorsements. The fact is, she's not as hot as Sharapova/Kournikova, so she won't top them. She doesn't have the nationality of Li, so she won't top her. And she probably won't be in the GOAT discussion, nor does she have the incredible story (or nationality) of the WS, so she won't top them. There were plenty of well-mannered players like Clijsters who didn't rake in the endorsements/popularity, for the same reasons above. And similarly there's a certain blonde who exhibits a lot of the same behaviors as Azarenka(shrieking, cold on court mannerisms), but is super hot so she can get away with it without hurting her brand

(Anyone playing Sharapova)
L'Enfant Sauvage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #35
country flag Lin Lin

Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute

Vika
豆豆
雪雪
Lin Lin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #36
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin Lin View Post
She is talented,beautiful,strong,powerful,winning too many titles,she basically has everything to be the next global idol,of course she will have more sponsors and $$$

Vika is the bestHope she can dominate WTA for years
nobody will buy Sugarvikas

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #37
country flag wtftennis

wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
She has a terrible image in the eyes of the public. Most people don't know who the hell she is. And of those people that do know who she is, many would associate her with a terrible attitude + now bad sportsmanship.

She's young and she only cares about her tennis now so it doesn't matter. I mean, if she plans on using her reputation to build a career after tennis...things would probably need to improve.
All purely subjective, of course a lot of damage done by propaganda media, and gullible people. At the end there'll be people that love her and hate her.
wtftennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #38
babsi

babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future

What it boils down to is if a company think people will buy a product because she is endorsing it? She can forget about the US market now, she shut that market down in the semi.

If she was going to get good endorsements, it would have been after her win last year, but they never really happened apart from Citizen who was probably looking for someone with Kim retiring. Some companies seem to like endorsing a tennis player eg. Rolex

Let's talk about her current sponsors. Is Nike happy with her? Nike likes winners but probably felt a line was crossed on Thursday and she was probably told to toe the line in future.

babsi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #39
country flag PhilePhile

PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future PhilePhile has a brilliant future

I think Vika could have made a million dollars or two just by having a logo on her black spandex for this recent championship match. This one may fit her perceived image:

Examples:

PhilePhile is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #40
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

As long as she makes money in the career she chose , all is good... Fans are way too hang up/obsessed with endorsements
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #41
country flag Belmont Lad

Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Belmont Lad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #42
country flag longtin23

longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future longtin23 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilePhile View Post
I think Vika could have made a million dollars or two just by having a logo on her black spandex for this recent championship match. This one may fit her perceived image:

Examples:

I think Nike does not allow players to place other sponsors on the clothes...

V.Williams Zheng Peng Zhang Pavlyuchenkova Cornet Larsson
Mladenovic Garcia Wickmayer
longtin23 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #43
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

In a parallel universe maybe.

Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #44
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

Lin Lin is running for a TWAT 2013 competition.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #45
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtin23 View Post
I think Nike does not allow players to place other sponsors on the clothes...
Correct, if they would Sharapova's dress would probably be plastered all over.

Nike players aren't allowed to display sponsorship badges, the only exceptions being the Chinese players as they have an exemption that precedes the current Nike deal.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote