SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2. - Page 60 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #886
country flag RenaPova

RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future RenaPova has a brilliant future
Re: SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

Maria

At least there were no bakery-products
RenaPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #887
country flag yashwanth

yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all

From this match we have one biggest positive that is Maria never ever going to beat Serena. So we can rest in peace whenever she plays her and can simply enjoy the match.
yashwanth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #888
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

You know I think the thing that irritates me most about Serena tards is their arrogance. And complete and utter lack of humility. I've never known a group of sports fans like it, except perhaps maybe Man U fans.
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #889
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It's the lopsided-ness of Maria's losses in these big matches that I find so strange. She usually absolutely destroys (almost) anyone outside of the top five but more often than not gets destroyed by a (almost) similar margin by her fellow greats. If it would be losing three setters or competitive two setters against them it wouldn't be such a problem because there are after all no draws in tennis and one could hope that next time it would be Maria's turn. But the margins by which she loses these matches are worrying and the're not logical. Considering how she handles everyone else on tour one would think that she would win about 50% of her matches against Vika and would at least be able to make it competitive against Serena.
She only figured (or whatever happened that made her better) how to play Vika towards the end of last season: USO and YEC SF, it remains to see if she kept improving when they'll meet in 2013.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #890
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Should I even bother to watch the match on Youtube?
pedropt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #891
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I woudn't if I were you you're just gonna get annoyed with Maria's amazing skills at wasting opportunities and giving away her service games
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #892
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GOATpova returns to stay undefeated in Doha. QF v Stosur

uhh, she is so disappointing. Not because she didnt win, but because Serena wasnt playing or serving really good, still Maria threw away every little chance she got.

3W/5UE in 1st set. PUSHER stats. Even if there is a more powerful opponent in this matchup, this is kinda embarassing.

after zakopalova match I wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
the serve (or at least the remains) the 3 games in 2nd set from *4-1 to *4-3 0-40 these blackouts when she just forgets moving and just standing like a tree, hitting homeruns...

Her ground game actually wasnt total mess when she was actually moving her feet, except more angles woudlnt hurt. Too many times just hitting into the middle right back to the opponent, often not even close to the baseline. Its just powerpushing, and many girls can quickly redirect these balls into the corner and point is basically over.
this BS tactic wont cut against big girls. Today (and in previous matches) so many times even when she succesfully opened up the court, the "finishing" shot was basically curling into the middle of the court, instead going towards the sidelines. Serena didnt even had to move for these quasi winner.
The another thing that she cant hit any good DTL, completely useless shot. Opponents doesnt even have to care about covering the DTL side, Maria will dump into the net or hit somethign that again curls inside the middle.
She has to take more risk, more angles, hug the net. She has no other way. She is not Extremely Injured to grind her way out.
Or just wait for the clay... although opponents will be more prepared this year, so that wont go that easy either

and that radargun must be seriously broken. First Stosur hits 197 and now Maria 194... who believes that
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #893
country flag Jack89

Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light Jack89 is a glorious beacon of light

I do wish Maria would come out a bit more relaxed against Serena. I know theres that mental block with Serena, which is understandable given the losses she had, and the manner of some of them. But I feel like she puts too much pressure on herself when shes playing Serena, and I feel like to she isn't able to truly able to play her game when shes that tense and nervous.

But at the end of the day, the only way to get over a mental block against someone is to keep giving yourself an oppurtunity to play them and beat them.
Jack89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #894
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

Serena makes MAria look so bad, every time

I feel so sorry for Masha but I truly believe this is a mental block she wont ever overtake
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #895
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack89 View Post
I do wish Maria would come out a bit more relaxed against Serena. I know theres that mental block with Serena, which is understandable given the losses she had, and the manner of some of them. But I feel like she puts too much pressure on herself when shes playing Serena, and I feel like to she isn't able to truly able to play her game when shes that tense and nervous.

But at the end of the day, the only way to get over a mental block against someone is to keep giving yourself an oppurtunity to play them and beat them.
All of this.
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #896
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Maria's record against Serena dropped to 2-11. Maria said: "I'm certainly capable of beating a player like Serena. That's why I'm always eager to get better and make my game better in order to go out onto the court and beat her."

Maria Try harder next time Maria We'll always love and support you
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #897
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GOATpova returns to stay undefeated in Doha. QF v Stosur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
3W/5UE in 1st set. PUSHER stats. Even if there is a more powerful opponent in this matchup, this is kinda embarassing.
Probably cause she was playing like a pusher too. I noted several times throughout the match (before I turned it off early on in the second set) she was just pushing the ball and not even hitting it properly. It's like she's totally scared of the ball when Serena hits it and doesn't have a clue on what to do with it.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #898
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

This match up is so perfunctory for Serena now, that she didn't even fully invest in playing anywhere near her best. She was coasting for the most part, content to let her serve do the trick when it mattered, and apply great width and length, which is the kiss of death for Pova. It's all too predictable the way Serena can exploit Pova's game. As soon as Pova's serving level dropped early in the first set, it was all over.

Pova can't match Serena off the ground any more, that much is obvious. Pova's groundgame in general has deteriorated off clay, and posters were right about how the emphasis on heavier spin and a more aggressive-grinding mindset has made her so vulnerable against Serena. She can no longer take her forehand early in high pace rallies, and the amount of spin she puts on the ball these days, means that the height of the ball generally is ideal for Serena to take big, profitable strikes, without any threat of being out-hit herself for any real period of time. Once Serena takes over the rally, it's all over.

This is a void rivalry. Like it has been for years.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #899
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
You know I think the thing that irritates me most about Serena tards is their arrogance. And complete and utter lack of humility. I've never known a group of sports fans like it, except perhaps maybe Man U fans.
They've earned the right to be arrogant. Yeah, it's not very mature and makes you question a person's character. But to the victor goes the spoils. Their girl wins everything, beats everyone, and does what she wants when wants when healthy. 15 GS titles with more to come. 11-2 record against Maria and an 11-1 record against Vika. It's so easy to be a Serena fan and hard to resist letting everyone else know how great she is. While we're tying ourselves up in knots over Maria's matches, Serena fans can always relax, put their feet up and enjoy things because they know she's going to win almost every time. All that winning combined with the anonimity of the internet can turn people into cocky punks who aren't afraid to trash talk.

Having your favorite player win is a great feeling that never gets old.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #900
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt see the match but from my perspective what is Maria's undoing when Serena isnt playing GOAT against her is that she is trying too hard which causes the silly errors just like in Madrid last year. From watching the highlights I was glad to see how hard she was fighting, as she always does really. Serena is just a bad match up for her. Their matches are always pretty much NID but Im glad to see Maria is still trying her hardest and trying to word out what she can do to do better.

Last edited by Andy. : Feb 16th, 2013 at 10:53 PM.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote