SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2. - Page 58 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #856
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

I'll avoid GM for a while! We don't need to feed the trolls!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #857
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

The result thread is actually bearable atm. Hopefully it'll stay that way.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #858
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Never underestimate how much Serena hates Maria. She's not only determined to win every time she sees Maria across the net, she does everything she can to make sure Maria doesn't leave with her dignity. She will never let that Wimbledon loss go.
Yawn. Again deluding youself into thinking their scoreline are all down to Serena's play. Serena had a negative W-UE ratio today ffs
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #859
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
OMG. This I always think of this whenever these two meet
even during warm-up before the match i feel increadible hatred between them , i've seen such hatred only in figure skating among top skaters

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #860
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, I know I'm being REALLY negative here, but I just want to assure you all that I'm certainly not "abandoning" her (you don't get rid of me that easily ). I'm not making fun of her here, I'm just frustrated that she's not achieving as much as I think she can.
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #861
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Yawn. Again deluding youself into thinking their scoreline are all down to Serena's play. Serena had a negative W-UE ratio today ffs
Stats don't matter much.. Serena hit winners at the right time, while Maria made errors at the wrong times! that's how you win matches, by winning the important points!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #862
country flag Angelpova
Naoned e Breizh

Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of

Angelpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #863
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Such a frustrating match. Serena has been on autopilot these last few matches with a few bursts of intensity here and there because she knows that Maria can't get out of her own way when she plays her. I really wanted a red clay match between the two this season but now I'm not so sure as Maria will likely fuck that up too.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #864
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: GOATpova returns to stay undefeated in Doha. SF v #1 Serena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
Completely agree with everything you wrote, bar the final part, because it's hypothetical. Her mind will always be there to fuck it up. What is beyond me is why can't she say to herself "I have nothing to lose". I mean, this wasn't even a big tourney, it was Doha for crying out loud, and she lost 11 straight times to Serena. Maybe you're not gonna win, but swing freely, scream like crazy, fight, do anything other than shrug your shoulders and accept the defeat while you're in the locker room
This so much. When it was 5-2 two in the second I just wanted Maria to have this attitude against serena but the first two points she didn't even try to get to the ball when Serena served she just accepted defeat. And the only reason it went to deuce afterwards was because Serena fucked up a couple of points.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #865
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Another thing about Maria's “rivalry” with Serena is that while she has nothing to hang her hat on and build from, several of her peers do have recent performances against her they can take hope from. Radwanska can say she took Serena to 3 sets at Wimbledon. Vika can point to that 3-set US Open final (And I think she will win tomorrow). Now Petra can take encouragement from her 3-setter with her here. Even Kerber and Woz can claim victories over Serena last year to boost their confidence. And then there’s Maria, who has nothing but humiliations fresh in her mind when thinking about Serena.

Never underestimate how much Serena hates Maria. She's not only determined to win every time she sees Maria across the net, she does everything she can to make sure Maria doesn't leave with her dignity. She will never let that Wimbledon loss go.
First time that I agree with your post 100% I don't buy that whole Marena love thing. If Maria ever beats her again, watch that "friendship" crumble like a tower made out of cards

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #866
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh guys, keep calm and move on

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #867
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GOATpova returns to stay undefeated in Doha. SF v #1 Serena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Chrissie-fan How have you been? Haven't seen you around here for a while
I've been busy feeling depressed, but now I'm trying to put my life back together and I'm slowly starting to climb back out of the hole that I'm in. That's what I hope anyway. I'm now trying to start doing the kind of things again that I enjoyed doing previously....watching some tennis, listen to some music, watching a movie occasionally....

....hanging out with you guys...

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #868
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

How much do you want to bet one of Maria's post-match quotes will be, "I had my chances and I just didn't take them." It's almost as annoying as Serena's "I've got nothing to lose".

Maria just doesn't seem like a real student of the game to me. It doesn't look like she truly burns to get better. Otherwise, we wouldn't see her committing the same kinds of mistakes over and over in these big matches. There's really no excuse why a player of her caliber continues to lose in such lopsided fashion to Serena/Vika/Na/Kvitova in semifinals/finals. Yes, I realize she turned her rivalry with Petra around last year, but that Wimbledon final still bothers me.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #869
country flag yashwanth

yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all yashwanth is a name known to all
Thumbs down Re: SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

Quote:
Another thing about Maria's “rivalry” with Serena is that while she has nothing to hang her hat on and build from, several of her peers do have recent performances against her they can take hope from. Radwanska can say she took Serena to 3 sets at Wimbledon. Vika can point to that 3-set US Open final (And I think she will win tomorrow). Now Petra can take encouragement from her 3-setter with her here. Even Kerber and Woz can claim victories over Serena last year to boost their confidence. And then there’s Maria, who has nothing but humiliations fresh in her mind when thinking about Serena.

Then if somebody keeps hammering you then you should be extra motivated and should do every thing you can to turn tables but instead Sharapova was getting scared more and more. Today only 40% Serena Entered the court and Sharapova thought like no I wont dissapoint the newly crowned No.1 by beating her. How many chances she wasted in this match and I am really sure she can never beat her in future with her Brainless Ball Bashing. I am really surprised to see how much Azarenka improved and became confidant after last years AO-2012 victory she is really a joy to watch and Maria was really painful to watch bar her performance in Wimbledon -2004 final.Even if she would not have achieved so called improvement in her game from 2004 she would have won more tournaments and grandslams. I think she should pray somebody to take Serena off before she plays her in any tournament or atleast otherhalf of Serena so she can win some tournaments. This is really dissapointed performance. The whole match looks like Serena toying with Sharapova and she has Zero respect towards Sharapova thats obvious.
yashwanth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #870
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
Stats don't matter much.. Serena hit winners at the right time, while Maria made errors at the wrong times! that's how you win matches, by winning the important points!
Yes to the second part, no to the first part. Did Serena hit a single winner on one of her breakpoints in Maria's service games? I wasn't keeping track at the time, but as far as I can remember now, Maria hit an unforced error to concede everytime she was broken.