SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2. - Page 57 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #841
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold
Re: SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2.

Pfft. Whatever, Maria. Hope Serena wins tomorrow to keep that whole streak alive, plus I prefer Pova losing to eventual champs rather than finalists.

Maybe you'll get your shit together by IW.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #842
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Serena didn't play that good, and Maria just played like shit and screwed up everything, her serve, her errors going to the net every time. I can't take anything positive from this performance from Maria. And if she just continues to play like this against Serena in the future, I seriously believe Maria's never gonna beat Serena again. NEVER. And I'm a quite optimistic fan, even before this match, I believe Maria could somehow beat Serena today, but look what she did to my belief
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #843
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GOATpova returns to stay undefeated in Doha. SF v #1 Serena

Be sore and pessimist as you want, but compare this 63 62 to a 62 62 from Na and think about it.
I'm not happy of course, but I can live with this loss, I'm not disappointed as I was after Melbourne.
Serena played near her best, she was much calmer than yesterday and she proved it by not letting Maria break her, despite some very bad lapses from Maria.
I just think about these tweets by Barbara Rossi (she's the ES commentator for tennis and she's been Pennetta's coach)
https://twitter.com/redsbi/status/302840891968733184
https://twitter.com/redsbi/status/302839038665175040
where she says "she's not even playing bad"

I think Vika has a better shot at beating Serena because she's more solid, more defensive and consistent than Maria or Petra right now... nonetheless I'll be rooting for Serena tomorrow.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #844
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

The title
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #845
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I expected the result before the match but when i saw her play at first I actually got excited and thought there's hope But I'm disappointed with Maria today because Serena wasn't that good and I really thought Maria was playing well for the most part.I don't think the score reflects well how the match went it actually was really close most of the time. And I'm happy with the way she returned this time it was way better than the YEC match but she fucked up two times when serving and she lost those serving games because of DFs and mistakes. If she's to win against Serena she needs to stop thinking about the H2H it's ALWAYS on her mind and you can see it when they play. Basically she might have won and I'm sure it'd have gone to a third setter if it wasn't for her mind fucks when it comes to Serena
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #846
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Serve is unreliable. Her return has been inconsistent in a while now. Absolutely unable to take the few chances she has + she can't sustain Serena's power for long. She'll miss or overhit after a couple of shots. That's why she lost so many long rallies! Serena is such a good ball basher, the best! I hope they'll not meet anytime soon!

It's been a good tournament. She lived up to her seeding! #3 is her place in the ranking, but #1 in my heart!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #847
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post
I agree with the part of Azarenka having a very good chance at beating Serena tomorrow. But I would still hate to see her do it before Maria (although let's face it, that would probably require Vika never beating her ). But I'm not sure it would benefit Maria. I mean, how much more needs to happen for her to finally get a push, sort her brains out and make a break, or God forbid a set off Rena? She lost 11 straight matches to her for Christ's sake One of them being 6:0 6:1 beatdown while representing her country in the finals of the Olympic games
Well, I was thinking Maria maybe subscribes to a similar mindset that some in here do: "Oh, there's nothing I can do against Serena anyway, she always raises her game against the best, so why bother even trying". Maybe Azarenka beating her would shake her out of that mindset. Remember, it was only when she got mad at herself for constantly embarrassing herself against Azarenka and started getting pumped up in their matches that she finally turned that match-up around and stopped accepting that losses were inevitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Be sore and pessimist as you want, but compare this 63 62 to a 62 62 from Na and think about it.
I'm not happy of course, but I can live with this loss, I'm not disappointed as I was after Melbourne.
Serena played near her best, she was much calmer than yesterday and she proved it by not letting Maria break her, despite some very bad lapses from Maria.
I just think about these tweets by Barbara Rossi (she's the ES commentator for tennis and she's been Pennetta's coach)
https://twitter.com/redsbi/status/302840891968733184
https://twitter.com/redsbi/status/302839038665175040
where she says "she's not even playing bad"

I think Vika has a better shot at beating Serena because she's more solid, more defensive and consistent than Maria or Petra right now... nonetheless I'll be rooting for Serena tomorrow.
Na played much better in that match than Serena played in this one Na got everything deep in that match and didn't give Maria time at all, whereas Serena kept hitting really short balls in this match. I'm more pissed off about this one rather than disappointed like I was after the AO.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #848
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I can live with the loss but it did sort of display something for me that has been becoming increasingly more apparent over the past couple of seasons.

The serve is definitely no longer the biggest issue, especially now that she can supply more variety with the improvements to the serve out wide on the ad court. Too many basic errors of routine execution points.
Yeah in 2/3 games she was broken she served atrociously but she wouldn't have won even if she served flawlessly. Just handing back points when all she has to do is make the last shot and her refusal to hit her BH DTL once again being evidently ridiculous. Extended too many points where all she had to do was hit it and hence Serena's defense inevitably always trumped hers. I know a few people have presented this before and were shot down but I don't care, I'm throwing it out there anyway.

There's been a lot of improvements seen but at the same time a lot of old problems resurfacing. At the end of the day it's only the second tournament of the year, maybe it will all come together for IW/Miami.
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #849
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Na played much better in that match than Serena played in this one Na got everything deep in that match and didn't give Maria time at all, whereas Serena kept hitting really short balls in this match. I'm more pissed off about this one rather than disappointed like I was after the AO.
This.
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #850
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana R. View Post
I expected the result before the match but when i saw her play at first I actually got excited and thought there's hope But I'm disappointed with Maria today because Serena wasn't that good and I really thought Maria was playing well for the most part.I don't think the score reflects well how the match went it actually was really close most of the time. And I'm happy with the way she returned this time it was way better than the YEC match but she fucked up two times when serving and she lost those serving games because of DFs and mistakes. If she's to win against Serena she needs to stop thinking about the H2H it's ALWAYS on her mind and you can see it when they play. Basically she might have won and I'm sure it'd have gone to a third setter if it wasn't for her mind fucks when it comes to Serena
Completely agree with everything you wrote, bar the final part, because it's hypothetical. Her mind will always be there to fuck it up. What is beyond me is why can't she say to herself "I have nothing to lose". I mean, this wasn't even a big tourney, it was Doha for crying out loud, and she lost 11 straight times to Serena. Maybe you're not gonna win, but swing freely, scream like crazy, fight, do anything other than shrug your shoulders and accept the defeat while you're in the locker room

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #851
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing about Maria's “rivalry” with Serena is that while she has nothing to hang her hat on and build from, several of her peers do have recent performances against her they can take hope from. Radwanska can say she took Serena to 3 sets at Wimbledon. Vika can point to that 3-set US Open final (And I think she will win tomorrow). Now Petra can take encouragement from her 3-setter with her here. Even Kerber and Woz can claim victories over Serena last year to boost their confidence. And then there’s Maria, who has nothing but humiliations fresh in her mind when thinking about Serena.

Never underestimate how much Serena hates Maria. She's not only determined to win every time she sees Maria across the net, she does everything she can to make sure Maria doesn't leave with her dignity. She will never let that Wimbledon loss go.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #852
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

The most frustrating thing of all is that the best she's played in her last 5 matches against Serena, was also the match where Serena played the best, the YEC.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #853
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
She will never let that Wimbledon loss go.
OMG. This I always think of this whenever these two meet

Last edited by Fiercepova : Feb 16th, 2013 at 05:43 PM.
Fiercepova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #854
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Well, I was thinking Maria maybe subscribes to a similar mindset that some in here do: "Oh, there's nothing I can do against Serena anyway, she always raises her game against the best, so why bother even trying". Maybe Azarenka beating her would shake her out of that mindset. Remember, it was only when she got mad at herself for constantly embarrassing herself against Azarenka and started getting pumped up in their matches that she finally turned that match-up around and stopped accepting that losses were inevitable.

My thoughts exactly.

I really hope you're right about this one. For me it's just hard to believe that sometimes it seems like she accepted her fate without even trying. What's it gonna cost her? She can hardly embarrass herself more than she did in the past. I agree with Asherahpova's post that she lacks the final shot nowadays. Those drive volleys are a prime example, we came to a point when it's a miracle she won a point off one. And for someone with a legitimately good BH, that BHDTL is pretty average IMO I remember when she won RG it was supreme, so it really goes to show how important that shot is to her game. And once again when the serve is even remotely functioning, her ground game is off. It's like she can't ever have them both post-surgery.

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #855
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

i really don't get "what good chances will have Asarenka tomorrow if she made 24 UE today vs Agatha"

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote