SemiPova returns to flop in Doha. GSM Serena 6-3 6-2. - Page 40 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #586
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
You can call it pessimism, but I have facts and reality on my side. Everything Maria does MUST be compared to Serena and Vika. They are the ones that have been dominating women's tennis for the past year and if Maria wants to accomplish anything in terms of titles, she'll have to go through one or both of them. You can't deny that their games have been evolving and moving forward compared to Maria. It's a big concern.
She has beaten Vika in their last meeting but there was Serena here again. I believe that the gap against Vika on HC is really being smaller and we'll see so this year.

On clay she has the edge over both that's not even a contest.
Even if Serena can be favored over Maria considering the tough matchup she is for her, it's very unlikely to see her reaching the latter rounds on every clay tournament unlike Maria.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #587
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GOATpova returns to stay undefeated in Doha. QF v Stosur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
She's not my fave, but the only player I truly despise is Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Yeah and you don't let a post go by without reminding everyone
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #588
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Mark you are so sensitive when it comes to Vika
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #589
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You can compliment it all you want, that doesn't change your obsession with Vika. Let it go.

obsession, wth
that was once i mentioned vika...if you have receipts then go ahead. but i surely do not drag vikas name throughout SS every day on a crazy hate scheme which gives me life. so if you're gonna roll eyes at me at least find evidence
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #590
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
You can't deny that their games have been evolving and moving forward compared to Maria. It's a big concern.
Really? I guess it depends on what time frame you're looking at. I haven't seen many of Vika's matches this year, but the ones I saw at the AO (Hampton and Sveta and even the early rounds. I stopped watching AO after Maria lost so can't comment on Stephens/Li matches), she didn't seem as impressive as last year. She's been gutting out close matches and while not playing at her peak so credit to her on that, but I honestly think a decent Pova would be more competitive against her on outdoor HC this year than she was last spring. Serena is Serena.

And re: pessimism (not to you but the forum overall), I get it. I try to be pessimistic/realistic about Maria's matches so that all wins are a pleasant bonus.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #591
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

and thanks for the rep Warren
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #592
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Guys, didn't Kiefer change her game a bit? She started to do quite many those small drop shots and those aces of course, it is pretty early but I' d like she keeps him
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #593
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana R. View Post
Mark you are so sensitive when it comes to Vika
I'm more sensitive when it comes to Maria, but unlike most of you in Vika's subforum they keep it classy and don't bash players and respect opponents. Even the shrieking fucking razor guy can keep himself in check in there. This subforum is about Maria and her direct opponents, yet every thread turns into the "lets all hate on Vika until she gives Maria the next beatdown" bandwagon. It's pathetic. After all the beatdowns Vika dishes out (lets not forget she BAGELLED Maria on the surface where Maria peaked) you guys still have no respect for her and her game. I know for a fact in the past there have been players who I havent respected them and I paid the price for it. Stop making me want Vika to demolish Maria the next time they meet so I can see some of you be put in your place.

Quote:
obsession, wth
that was once i mentioned vika...if you have receipts then go ahead. but i surely do not drag vikas name throughout SS every day on a crazy hate scheme which gives me life. so if you're gonna roll eyes at me at least find evidence
Vika's playing, I have MUCH better things to do that go on a witch hunt for you.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #594
Forever Sharapova.

i hope she keeps him, but i have a feeling he'll fade away once IW/Miami approaches
eye-candy in her box doesn't go amiss
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #595
Forever Sharapova.

lol Mark. at least if you're going to explain yourself like that in a long-winded quote don't start jumping on me.
i'm definitely not one of the vika-hate antagonists, i was being honest in saying the only player i despise is Vika, but that doesn't mean every post since 2013 has ever exploited that. i don't go out of my way to spread vika hate
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #596
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol Mark. at least if you're going to explain yourself like that in a long-winded quote don't start jumping on me.
i'm definitely not one of the vika-hate antagonists, i was being honest in saying the only player i despise is Vika, but that doesn't mean every post since 2013 has ever exploited that. i don't go out of my way to spread vika hate
Neither do I. I mean, I congratulated Vika fans (most of which I'm friends with) after she won AO I don't bash on Vika nearly as much as I could/want to at times.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #597
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i hope she keeps him, but i have a feeling he'll fade away once IW/Miami approaches
eye-candy in her box doesn't go amiss
Kiefer is intended to be around until Vladimir gets better. It's impossible to know anymore than that until Maria tells us otherwise.
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #598
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'm more sensitive when it comes to Maria, but unlike most of you in Vika's subforum they keep it classy and don't bash players and respect opponents. Even the shrieking fucking razor guy can keep himself in check in there. This subforum is about Maria and her direct opponents, yet every thread turns into the "lets all hate on Vika until she gives Maria the next beatdown" bandwagon. It's pathetic. After all the beatdowns Vika dishes out (lets not forget she BAGELLED Maria on the surface where Maria peaked) you guys still have no respect for her and her game. I know for a fact in the past there have been players who I havent respected them and I paid the price for it. Stop making me want Vika to demolish Maria the next time they meet so I can see some of you be put in your place.

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #599
Forever Sharapova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Neither do I. I mean, I congratulated Vika fans (most of which I'm friends) after she won AO I don't bash on Vika nearly as much as I could/want to at times.
btw WTH has Vikapower been?
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #600
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

I know people complain about Maria's grunting, but I swear Errani's is worse than Vika and Maria combined for me

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote