Kvitova vs Vaidisova: Who is greater? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who has currently had the greater career?

Kvitova 112 72.73%
Vaidisova 42 27.27%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #1
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute
Kvitova vs Vaidisova: Who is greater?

Now that Petra has reached a second Grand Slam semifinal she is very close to fellow Czech Nicole in terms of career achievements.

Obviously Nicole's results are static as she is no longer playing and Petra will probably get even better, but based on what they have done so far who has the better career?

Career High: 8
Slams: Aus QF, Wim SF x2
Titles: 4 (2x internationl, 2x Premier)

Career High: 7
Slams: Aus SF, French SF, Wim QF x2
Titles: 6 (6x International)

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #2
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kvitova vs Vaidisova: Who is greater?

The word "great" probably should be reserved for multiple slam winners, IMO.

The world will ask you who you are, and if you don't know, they will tell you.
HippityHop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #3
country flag joćo.
;

joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute

Based on what they have done I think Petra and she will easily pass Nicole by a larger margin soon.
However I think Nicole had more potential and considering her peak era, her age and game, etc (and taking note of how she ruined her career) I think she's greater.
joćo. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #4
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Both of their tastes in men (or boys ) are cause for concern.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #5
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Kvitova will surely surpass her soon, who knows that time might even come in just a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facepalmarenka View Post
Both of their tastes in men (or boys ) are cause for concern.
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:12 PM   #6
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

All I can say is I miss Vaidisova, not the 2009 one, but the 2006-2008 beginning one.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #7
country flag Scola

Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of Scola has much to be proud of

No comparison here. Vaidisova was by far one of the worst players ever to reach Top 1O or GS semifinal. It's like ask if Navratilova was greater than Novotna.
Scola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #8
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlion View Post
All I can say is I miss Vaidisova, not the 2009 one, but the 2006-2008 beginning one.
Agreed.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #9
country flag $uricate

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippityHop View Post
The word "great" probably should be reserved for multiple slam winners, IMO.
Perhaps.

I could have used the word "better" in hindsight

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:19 PM   #10
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

as far as I am concern, I enjoyed both game and looks wise Vaidisova 100000000 times more than Petra
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:23 PM   #11
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

If Kvitova looked like Kournikova, 100% vote would go to her...

bases on results I think Kvitova already or else somewhere this year.

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei

Last edited by GoofyDuck : Jun 29th, 2011 at 12:35 PM.
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:25 PM   #12
country flag joćo.
;

joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute joćo. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scola View Post
No comparison here. Vaidisova was by far one of the worst players ever to reach Top 1O or GS semifinal. It's like ask if Navratilova was greater than Novotna.
joćo. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #13
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

It's still Nicole.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #14
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Kvitova BY FAR.

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #15
country flag Chunchun
Team WTAworld

Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute

Kvitova didnt reach GS QF or Top 10 at 18 years old so Nicole.