Tennis Forum banner

Who else likes Li Na's attitude?

6K views 67 replies 63 participants last post by  Baby-Na 
#1 ·
This is her reaction to a fall which largely contributed to her loss. No nonsense from Li Na.

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
Li Na says she is the only player who could fall down and keep laughing like she did. No argument from me. #ausopen

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg
Q. "Why do you think you were falling down?" Li Na: "Because I'm stupid!!!" #ausopen

#30 ·
Li Na is just such a cool character. Many people only regard Chinese athletes as sort of machines who go on their way but don't have personality. Li Na has proven this is not true. This actuallys resembles the experiences I've made in China by myself - most Chinese are actually really cool people.

#35 ·
I do like Li's sense of humor.

#37 ·
The main bright point of the two weeks. Hope she can win another slam before she retires, shes such a great personality for the image of the game.

Reactions: Lunaticalm
#54 ·
:awww: :sad:

#40 ·
I do :)

hope she wins another slam soon, she doesn't belong in the Schiavone/Stosur/Majoli/Myskina one-slam-wonder group

#41 ·
Na is great. And she put up a great fight today.

#42 ·
#43 ·
Hahah she is so sweet even when she was crying during the whole interview. And funny still...

She started to tear up when the reporter talked about how happy/proud her second brother is, she was like "oh you gonna make me cry."

She talked about how she wanted to bring the winner's trophy to her husband as a wedding universality gift.

She said she gave it all and at the end, even though she lost, she still forgives herself because she did the best she could under the circumstances (injuries, 2 falls, etc).

The reporter said everyone she surveyed, talked to, her fans, etc didn't care whether Li Na lost or not. Her fans are proud that she stood on that battlefield and fought like a true champion.

Li Na said in the end, what maybe got to her is her thirst to win. Looking back, she said, "the match is over, I look at myself as my own hero. I am going to look forward and fight as hard."

She said Carlos said to her that he saw many positive things. She said that Carlos said nothing about the loss, but simply saw many great things and very proud of her.

The reporter said in the end, it was bad luck because of the injury. But Li Na said, "It's not so much as BAD LUCK as much as it was COMICAL"

They both proceeded to laugh.

LOL I LOVE HER!

#47 ·
I adore her :hearts:

#49 ·
On how the falls affected her during the match...
"Not too much - maybe just five seconds. I was a little bit worried when I fell and my head touched the ground. For two seconds I couldn't really see anything - it was totally black. When the physio came, she was like, 'Focus on my finger.' I started laughing. I was thinking, 'This is a tennis court, not a hospital!' She was like, 'Follow my finger. Follow my finger,' because I wasn't following, I was just watching her eyes. But then I did it. They did such a good job, checking everything was okay just in case."

- wtatennis.com (published January 26, 2013 12:00)

#56 ·
Li Na is also a great ambassador for Chinese athletes. There is still quite a bit of prejudice against Chinese athletes (a continuation of the old mentality toward USSR athletes), seeing them as doped-up robots rather than individuals. I'm glad there is someone out there to show the world that yes, Chinese people have personalities, have a sense of humor, relationships, their own perspectives, etc.

Since most Chinese athletes don't have Na's ability to interview in English, the number of potential Li Na's gets lost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.