Victoria Azarenka is good for the WTA - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #121
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Victoria Azarenka is good for the WTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
Don't try to reinvent your persona After Kvitova won Wimbledon in 2011, you were going on and on about how Wozniacki was still better because she had won more tournaments.
Because back then Caro did have a better career. Not anymore of course and this doesn't apply to Vika either as she has confirmed her first slam both with a strong post-slam run and a second slam..two accomplishments Kvitova has never made.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #122
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Yes,in terms of no. of tournaments won she is the better player.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #123
country flag LindsayRulz

LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute LindsayRulz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
So is Davenport better than Serena because she's won more tournaments?
Of course she is!! 55 > 47
LindsayRulz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #124
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I'm pressed?

You're the on desperately trying to talk down the accomplishments of another player. And the biggest challenge was Hampton? Vika also comprehensively beat Kuznetsova... do we want to talk about who she beat to get her? You`re making a fool of yourself, sorry.
Oh Jimmie, when were you not pressed, I think that is a better question. I am not putting anyone down,just telling you what you don't like to hear. Yes,the biggest challenge was Hampton. Kuznetsova used gamesmanship to beat Caro and apparently it served Vika as a good inspiration. However, let's not pretend she is any kind of dangerous opponent with her up-and-down performance and also Caro is far from her best form.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #125
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Oh Jimmie, when were you not pressed, I think that is a better question. I am not putting anyone down,just telling you what you don't like to hear. Yes,the biggest challenge was Hampton. Kuznetsova used gamesmanship to beat Caro and apparently it served Vika as a good inspiration. However, let's not pretend she is any kind of dangerous opponent with her up-and-down performance.
She beat Caro twice this year...what does that tell us then? You can't have it both ways.

Gamesmanship... have you sunken that low yet? You sound like the most bitter Sharapovastans around here.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #126
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

This is too much really Don´t know why you even bother Jimmie. Back to read my Truman Capote.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #127
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
she is as good for WTA as Klitschko for boxing heaviweight or Patrick Chan in figure skating
So you consider Vitalika and Wladirena to be so far above their competition that it becomes boring! I knew you were truly a fan at heart, but that will be a tough sell in SS, that you threw Maria under the bus like that.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #128
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She beat Caro twice this year...what does that tell us then? You can't have it both ways.

Gamesmanship... have you sunken that low yet? You sound like the most bitter Sharapovastans around here.
Oh,please,Kuznetsova took breaks at key points of the match at both matches they played during the AO series. And both times it happened when she was at the losing end. Surely that was a total coincidence

Had she pulled similar stunts against Azarenka you'd be singing a different song now, as we can all imagine.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #129
marineblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
This is too much really Don´t know why you even bother Jimmie. Back to read my Truman Capote.
You'd better go as you have little to say. Just stay within the Vika circle who is trying to convince themselves that during last 2 weeks we've seen da best that tennis has to offer.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #130
country flag borrowedheaven

borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future

Quote:

I wonder if you said the same if Caro somehow had won it.... guess not. You`re so full of shit, it's pathetic
He's exactly saying what you have been saying about Caro a year ago. So hypocritical.

Clijsters|Pavlyuchenkova|Kvitova|Azarenka

borrowedheaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 02:10 AM   #131
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrowedheaven View Post
He's exactly saying what you have been saying about Caro a year ago. So hypocritical.
+1

But it's hilarious so please carry on.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 06:15 AM   #132
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

I like Vika because she does her own thing and while she may not win popularity contests, she wins slams

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Miami Doubles Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #133
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, of course. I wouldn't say that she's GOAT material, but she's one of the few players in recent years who plays at a consistently high level. If she ever gets a serve she'll be amazing.

Her badass image is mainly a media creation IMO. She's no angel, but she's not even close to being the super-bitch a lot of people make her out to be.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #134
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

Fans will start to appriciate her geniune nature. WTA needs a down to earth champion. Serena and Maria almost disassociate themselves from other girls and anything WTA.

On the terms of 'sportsmanship', It's completely hypocritical to say that Serena or Maria are better. Plus Vika creates 0 drama off court, it seems all the other girls are just waiting to take digs at each other.
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #135
country flag TZVETI83

TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenis Srbija View Post
And who exactly plays to lose?
By play to win, I mean that the top players of the game, past and present compete for every single point like it was match point or the most important, there might be errors here and there but they handle the high pressure moments just like any other point, they don't let the pressure get to them. Its the player mentality of a champion. Victoria has that strong mentality, she will win at any cost even if her game is not up to par on a particular day, mentally she is very strong. Only the best have that. Its confidence, its drive, its an instinct and in many cases it comes off as being cocky, cold, etc.

Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Jankovic never fully had that, you knew there was always a moment of fragility. A moment where the pressure would crumble.
TZVETI83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote