Vika Crying: Not Because She Won, But She Felt Bullied - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #91
country flag dany.p

dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of
Re: Vika Crying: Not Because She Won, But She Felt Bullied

So apparently Azarenka was now "bullied"?

Just like in the past when she bullied umpires, linespeople and ballkids?

Lol at playing the victim when it fits the agenda.

Next thread please.

Last edited by dany.p : Jan 26th, 2013 at 04:29 PM.
dany.p is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #92
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Boo Hoo. This is pro sport, and this was entirely of her own making. More importantly she just won a Slam, why should she be crying over this?
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #93
TuxedoSlam

TuxedoSlam has much to be proud of TuxedoSlam has much to be proud of TuxedoSlam has much to be proud of TuxedoSlam has much to be proud of TuxedoSlam has much to be proud of TuxedoSlam has much to be proud of TuxedoSlam has much to be proud of TuxedoSlam has much to be proud of TuxedoSlam has much to be proud of TuxedoSlam has much to be proud of TuxedoSlam has much to be proud of

It was a battle between Light and Darkness. Thank you Australian crowd for channelling thine inner Light and recognizing the true face of the Cheating Shaitan.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #94
country flag sweetpeas

sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute

I like Vika.
sweetpeas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #95
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeas View Post
I like Vika.
I don't like her, I absolutely love her!
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #96
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, much as I respect Vika, anyone suggesting she's some kind of victim in all this beggars belief.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #97
country flag dany.p

dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of dany.p has much to be proud of

Did the crowd boo her in the final? I haven't watched the whole match yet.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #98
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPetko View Post
She should have picked a medical timeout before championship point.
that would have been epic

Beat is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #99
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloque View Post
She, like any sane person would do, asked for medical help when she was having trouble breathing. The trainer and the doctor allowed the MTO and they decided that the MTO would happen inside. It's not like she suddendly left court with no reasons and forced people to follow her. Everything that happened was allowed by the rules. Like it or not, she did not cross any rule.
As for the timing of the MTO, it's not the first or the last time a MTO is called at a crucial moment, and yet no MTO never was followed by such a backlash. The whole thing was emphasized by American media and American pseudo-journalists on twitter. A lot of people who found it easy to trash a 23 yo girl for something allowed by the rules while none of them talked about the dubious sportmanship of Federer who behaved like a total jerk the next day. Doubles standards much ? Oh yeah, Federer was not facing America's next Superstar.
You're right. Taking that time out due to nerves and choking was within the rules, but don't blame the American media for what ensued because that is 100% on Vika and her team. Of course, there was going to be backlash because most people do consider what she did "cheating within the rules". Nevertheless, it is allowed and at least she was being honest. So why did her story change by the time she got to the press conference?

After meeting with her team for over an hour, Vika told the press that she had a rib injury blah, blah, blah...which completely contradicted what she had said about choking in numerous live interviews. Taking the time out due to choking IS within the rules, so why didn't she continue to say that???? Because her team knew that, despite being allowed the TO, Vika had fucked up by admitting that she used it that reason.

Look, Vika won the title and clearly these facts are irrelevant to you. You're a Vika fan who chooses to blame others for her actions and believe what you want to believe. But honesty is the best policy. Had Vika not changed her story, the press/public wouldn't have been nearly as hard on her. However, the attempt to spin it REALLY pissed people off and made her look shady as hell.
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #100
country flag Soliloque
La nuit je mens

Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute

And yet anyone who has eyes saw the trainer beginning to manipulate her back on court before they left. So her "back story" is hardly a lie.
TT Doubles Titles : Seoul 2014 (w/ Andreas) Osaka 2013 (w/ matthias) Nantes Challenger YEC 2013 - Charlottesville 50k 2013 - Saint Martin 10k 2013 - Orlando 10k 2013 - Sibenik 10k 2013 (all w/ charmedRic)
Tipping Titles : Australian Open 2014
Soliloque is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #101
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloque View Post
And yet anyone who has eyes saw the trainer beginning to manipulate her back on court before they left. So her "back story" is hardly a lie.

...and yet Vika didn't say jack shit about her back or ribs when asked about the injury TO. VIKA SAID she took it because she was choking a fact you choose to ignore and it speaks volumes.
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #102
country flag Bad Blood
大好き

Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisation View Post
Honestly, no matter what the crowd really should not treat her that way. I felt like she was holding in her emotions from how awful the crowd had been to her. It's a bittersweet victory, but she's being totally bullied. If you say Na was unlucky, you can say she had a physical disadvantage, but Vika had a mental disadvantage and that's just as equally important. This is coming from a fan of Na Li. I feel for Na so much in this match and really wanted her to win, but enough is enough.
She should've got over it, a crowd booing you doesn't matter if you're mentally tough and could block it out, which she did. Serena did so against Clijsters at IW and won regardless
Bad Blood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #103
country flag Soliloque
La nuit je mens

Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carling View Post
...and yet Vika didn't say jack shit about her back or ribs when asked about the injury TO. VIKA SAID she took it because she was choking a fact you choose ignore as it speaks volumes.
Except the question on court never was "Why did you take a MTO ?". And as I already explained, Vika, in the heat of the moment probably didn't know what was happening to her and thought she was having a panic attack because she was choking. She probably still was not sure of what was happening after and had trouble explaining it. In fact, French Eurosport made an interview of her coach Sam Sumyk who explained that Vika was too involved in the match to pay attention at what was going on during her MTO and that he was the one who went to the trainer after the MTO to ask what happened and the trainer told him it was the rib and that she had to manipulate her back.
TT Doubles Titles : Seoul 2014 (w/ Andreas) Osaka 2013 (w/ matthias) Nantes Challenger YEC 2013 - Charlottesville 50k 2013 - Saint Martin 10k 2013 - Orlando 10k 2013 - Sibenik 10k 2013 (all w/ charmedRic)
Tipping Titles : Australian Open 2014
Soliloque is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #104
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyqld View Post
But as someone else mentioned in this thread. It's a lot to do with Australian's general hatred of non-Serbian Eastern European females. Not just in tennis, but in everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
u wot m8?
I would like to hear more about this hatred. The Fed Cup team has two Eastern European females who seem to get a lot of support. Tennis is about the only female sport which gets much attention anyway. Her behaviour is more American than Eastern European and she surrounds herself with Americans.

Last edited by King Halep : Jan 26th, 2013 at 06:15 PM.
King Halep is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #105
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

Cry me a river. Seriously, if she thinks anything other than just sucking it up and winning the title (which she did) is going to do her any good, she can stamp her own ticket to popularity hell. Bullied? Her on-court behavior is pretty dire, harrying/bullying poor ballkids and umpires, frequently looking like someone pissed in her last bowl of cereal 5 days running (even despite the 'maturity' she has apparently developed), not to mention crowd-displeasing antics like imitating a siren on steroids.

She ought to know that her tactics in the SF were seen as shady and trying her hardest to spin a convincing story and pretending to be a victim will only come off as admittance of guilt.
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote