Vika Crying: Not Because She Won, But She Felt Bullied - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #76
country flag Pasta-Na

Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vika Crying: Not Because She Won, But She Felt Bullied

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflies View Post
This is a lie.

I watched almost every Na's matches and she never had any inappropriate behavior toward ball kids. If she does, I wouldn't have supported her b/c I hate players who rude to ballkids who help them in their matches. That's ungracious and classless.

In fact, Na is one of a very few players who hand the towels to ballkids everytime and not tossing the towels to them as they were players' servants ( although sometimes I give them a pass for this b/c they were at the intense moments and tired after long rallies so they needed to focus more in the matches). Most the times she hand signals in the air to let them know she needs towels, as many other players do.

If you don't like her, that's fine. Just don't come up against her by lying b/c that's low.
She used to yell at her husband a lot. She learned how to keep it herself since Carlos became her coach.

Asian-GOAT-Na Li: 11" FO & 14" AO champion + 11" & 13" AO runner-up + #2
Little-Jie(06" AO & Wim) + Pusher-Shu(13" Wim & 14" FO & WD#1) + Sucky Baby Golden Flowers.
Pasta-Na is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #77
country flag Lunaticalm

Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold Lunaticalm is a splendid one to behold

Better to be a little impolite at times than a freakin' cheater. Totally lost respect for Vika.
Lunaticalm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #78
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reephoria. View Post
The crowd weren't even hostile, yes they heavily supported Na but they still cheered Vika's winners and they didn't boo. Also it's not like it was unexpected after what she did she's never been a crowd favourite anyway.
It was disgraceful behaviour. Even the Australian Fairfax press mentioned how badly the crowd behaved tonight. Clapping Azarenka's double faults, errors, always shouting out. The umpire had to intervene so much more than usual.

And what did Azarenka do? She picked up an injury in her SF at 2-0 and later called a medical timeout. Remember in Grand Slams unless it's an acute condition the timeout must be taken at a change of ends. Not any of this "Before she serves" that the Australian media demanded - and what's worrying is that these "experts" don't know that rule.

Li called 2 timeouts tonight.

But as someone else mentioned in this thread. It's a lot to do with Australian's general hatred of non-Serbian Eastern European females. Not just in tennis, but in everything.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #79
country flag Jose.

Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute

Look who won the title & the money

I love Vika desn't give a fuck for it

Jankovic | Goerges | Petkovic | Safarova | Hsieh | Tsurenko
Azarenka | Barthel | Voegele | Morita | Beck | Muguruza
Koehler | Mladenovic | Garcia | Martic | Robson | Cepelova
Babos | Ormaechea | Jaksic | Gasparyan | Eraydin | Soylu
Allgurin | Kontaveit | Zacarias | Pigossi | Haddad Maia | Abduraimova
Konjuh | Bencic | Komardina | Haas | Jorovic | Galfi | Stollar
Jose. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #80
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyqld View Post
It's a lot to do with Australian's general hatred of non-Serbian Eastern European females. Not just in tennis, but in everything.
u wot m8?
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #81
country flag friendsita

friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future

Love her even more! Crowd was really tough with her, not nice at all, and she overcame that as the champion she is.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #82
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.

Full marks to Azarenka, her mental toughness today was amazing.

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 02:36 PM   #83
country flag hERi

hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice

It happened last year when she was playing in AO but she could get thru that with a victory...salute!
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #84
country flag pica_pica

pica_pica is a name known to all pica_pica is a name known to all pica_pica is a name known to all pica_pica is a name known to all pica_pica is a name known to all pica_pica is a name known to all pica_pica is a name known to all pica_pica is a name known to all pica_pica is a name known to all pica_pica is a name known to all pica_pica is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisation View Post
Honestly, no matter what the crowd really should not treat her that way. I felt like she was holding in her emotions from how awful the crowd had been to her. It's a bittersweet victory, but she's being totally bullied. If you say Na was unlucky, you can say she had a physical disadvantage, but Vika had a mental disadvantage and that's just as equally important. This is coming from a fan of Na Li. I feel for Na so much in this match and really wanted her to win, but enough is enough.
Feeling the same way. I was rooting for Li Na, but given the unfairness against Vika, I would have rooted for her instead against anybody else. Stop accusing players without well-grounded evidence! Why are some players always labelled as cheater, faker, etc.? Stop the mental bullying!

All the best in the rest of the season, Li Na & Vika!

BTW I'm a hardcore Novak Djokovic fan.
pica_pica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #85
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! I'm so sick of people playing the bully card! "Bullying" has been so misused and abused that the word no longer has the meaning or impact it should have in legitimate cases.

I like Vika but she is not a fucking victim. After all, she created the controversy and her management team added fuel to the fire by advising her to contradict what she had said in numerous interviews.

"Bullying" has been so misused that it's become a bitch-ass word used by bitch-ass people who desensitize us to REAL bullying. It's a slap in the face to those who endure painful harassment everyday.

Sorry, but holding someone ACCOUNTABLE for their shit is not bullying!
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #86
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

She probably cried to get sympathy.

I understand she can be a skittish, emotional powder keg. I do. However, I wouldn't put it past her, crying to gain a little sympathy, cause in her warped reasoning she feels she 'deserves it' and should be embraced and rewarded in victory.

It's a warped post match sense of entitlement.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #87
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

I don't care what a player (whether I like or dislike them)has done , no crowd should bully them... My God, after Indian Wells I just think it is so wrong that thousands of people should be jeering at one individual.
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #88
country flag friendsita

friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future friendsita has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloque View Post
Please. Federer is often throwing empty bottles at ballkids like they're some kind of slave and he's still considered as a saint.
Don't go there! Ego King, I mean, Saint Federer is untouchable.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #89
country flag ViceUltramontain
Don't leave me now

ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carling View Post
I like Vika but she is not a fucking victim. After all, she created the controversy and her management team added fuel to the fire by advising her to contradict what she had said in numerous interviews.
She, like any sane person would do, asked for medical help when she was having trouble breathing. The trainer and the doctor allowed the MTO and they decided that the MTO would happen inside. It's not like she suddendly left court with no reasons and forced people to follow her. Everything that happened was allowed by the rules. Like it or not, she did not cross any rule.
As for the timing of the MTO, it's not the first or the last time a MTO is called at a crucial moment, and yet no MTO never was followed by such a backlash. The whole thing was emphasized by American media and American pseudo-journalists on twitter. A lot of people who found it easy to trash a 23 yo girl for something allowed by the rules while none of them talked about the dubious sportmanship of Federer who behaved like a total jerk the next day. Doubles standards much ? Oh yeah, Federer was not facing America's next Superstar.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #90
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

In regards to the crowd, I remember there was some quite noticeable clapping when Na made a DF.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote