Vika Crying: Not Because She Won, But She Felt Bullied - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #46
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vika Crying: Not Because She Won, But She Felt Bullied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloque View Post
Not only the crowd was against her, but almost all the tennis world. She's a mental giant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
Yup. If she'd been playing an Australian in the final (ha!) it would have been a hundred times worse. She can have a cup of concrete and harden the fuck up.

Didn't affect her anyway, she played through it and won. Knowing Australians, the fact she endured it and came through with a win will have just increased their respect for her.
Sorry, but what the hell did the crowd actually do to her. Specially in this match, the only time she was booed was when she questioned the replay the point. The worse she got was a silent treatment. They even clapped at Na errors, they were clapping every point. She needs to stop reading American press, that is what has been too hard on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetSeb View Post
No. It's never acceptable for crowds to act the way they do.

15,000 people against an individual. Pretty horrid.

You just don't expect it from the Aussie crowd, normally pretty reasonable (albeit they've never shown great love for the Eastern European females, Serbs aside).

Nobody is saying the Aussie crowd is the first to do this. But cheering double faults and errors from a player is horrible. And saying 'X did it before I did it' is one of the most immature justifications imaginable.
Please go watch the match back, they were clapping at Li Na's errors as well, they were clapping every point.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #47
country flag John.
Shining like a laser beam!

John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute

Cry me a river! The crowd was more pro Li than anti Vika! It wasn't as if they were booing her constantly throughout the match.
John. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #48
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Na crying after losing the match made me sad. Vika crying not so much.

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #49
country flag b2b

b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetSeb View Post
No. It's never acceptable for crowds to act the way they do.

15,000 people against an individual. Pretty horrid.

You just don't expect it from the Aussie crowd, normally pretty reasonable (albeit they've never shown great love for the Eastern European females, Serbs aside).

Nobody is saying the Aussie crowd is the first to do this. But cheering double faults and errors from a player is horrible. And saying 'X did it before I did it' is one of the most immature justifications imaginable.

not 15,000 i'd say.

out of my impression, it's just the most noisy chinese-australia/australia-chinese crowds,the numbers were huge, most of whom probably have never watched a single tennis match before. Their "enthusastic support" even began to bother NaNa,who requested the chair empire to ask them to stay quiet between 1st and 2ed serve more than once.Most australia crowds and other people come to enjoy tennis remained neutral and polite,but they were more quiet most of the time hence giving the impression that the whole crowd behind Na.

oh BTW,the title of the thread could be more wrong?
b2b is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #50
country flag John.
Shining like a laser beam!

John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute

Also, you could hear people cheering her name throughout the match
John. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #51
country flag Soliloque
La nuit je mens

Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute

The crowd was not against her but just pro-Li ? Nice joke. The gurl got booed after her MP. There were no reasons to be pro-Li anymore then.
Soliloque is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #52
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

The crowd weren't even hostile, yes they heavily supported Na but they still cheered Vika's winners and they didn't boo. Also it's not like it was unexpected after what she did she's never been a crowd favourite anyway.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #53
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

I cant have sympathy for a woman who treats ballkids worse than the crowd treated her today, sorry.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #54
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloque View Post
The crowd was not against her but just pro-Li ? Nice joke. The gurl got booed after her MP. There were no reasons to be pro-Li anymore then.
Pretty much.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #55
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreiter View Post
Bitch gets the support she deserves
<li class="action-more-container">

Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #56
country flag caros defender

caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all

Poor, poor Vika. Playing tennis and making millions is so hard.
caros defender is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #57
country flag TZVETI83

TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future

Sharapova, Hingis, Serena, Venus, Maria, Martina Navratilova, Seles even Graf all had the crowd against them when they were younger, they will support her years from now when she too is a veteran, its the way things are, people will almost always root for the underdog over the young number one who is the favorite.
TZVETI83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #58
country flag alex.2812

alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of

She got what she deserved for being an arrogant bitch!
alex.2812 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #59
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by John. View Post
Also, you could hear people cheering her name throughout the match
Yeah, it's not as if Vika has no supporters. The whole "hated player" "nobody loves me" mantra is media sensationalism for those who are stupid enough to let their views be shaped by the media.

Everyone has tough crowds from time, except Federer Victoria's had a better day than me, good for her.
Olórin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #60
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

give her the Oscars already as if she's the first player booed by a crowd
Effy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote