Vika Crying: Not Because She Won, But She Felt Bullied - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #16
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vika Crying: Not Because She Won, But She Felt Bullied

It wasn't as bad, the only time she was booed was when she questioned the replay of the point. I thought the crowd was not hostile towards her, they were actually nice to her. Of course the crowd has a favorite, they were actually clapping every point, whoever hits a winner or an error. I think the emotion came from the semifinal backlash.

Just imagine if she did that at French and US Open, she will get booed when she hits a winner.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #17
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampers& View Post
Azarenka is definitely not the first player to receive that kind of response from crowds, it happens all the time. At least they weren't as bad as the French crowd. Tis sports. Props to her for fighting through it and getting the W.
Yup. Honestly Vika had better hope her future RGs turn out as bad as last year, because I dread to think how the French crowd are going to treat her if she ever gets to a marquee match
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #18
Gentleman

Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute

I think she was emotional and honest with her tears, yes, but also, she made a mistake yesterday and she is aware of that.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #19
country flag mdterp01

mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well. When you do something shady, expect to have shade thrown at you. Bottom line is that it shows huge mental strength to keep it all together with the negative press.

Serena Williams Australian Open Champion (03,05,07,09,10)
French Open Champion (02,13)
Wimbledon Champion (02,03,09,10,12)
US Open Champion (99,02,08,12,13,14)
mdterp01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #20
Cookiecrusher

Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future Cookiecrusher has a brilliant future

well champions deal with the crowd and simply get on with their game. We've seen far more hostile crowds before against players such as Hingis and Serena, it's part and parcel of playing a tennis match. Vika dealt with the crowd well and i'm sure she shouldn't feel too bothered after winning a grand slam.

Djokovic Wawrinka Gasquet del Potro

Also good luck to Jankovic, Vesnina, Stosur, Pennetta, Kerber and Halep
Cookiecrusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #21
country flag Flavia P.

Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of

I think people are just wanting to find reasons for why they don't like her and are taking it out on her like children, but that's just my opinion. She's dealt with at most lukewarm crowds the past year and it's probably a huge motivational factor for her at this point, so I'm sure she just doesn't care anymore.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #22
country flag renstar

renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisation View Post
Honestly, no matter what the crowd really should not treat her that way. I felt like she was holding in her emotions from how awful the crowd had been to her. It's a bittersweet victory, but she's being totally bullied. If you say Na was unlucky, you can say she had a physical disadvantage, but Vika had a mental disadvantage and that's just as equally important. This is coming from a fan of Na Li. I feel for Na so much in this match and really wanted her to win, but enough is enough.
for various reasons crowds go for a certain player and see the other as a villain. this goes back to Martina and Chris rivalry where Chris was seen as the sweet american pie princess and Martina the eastern block less attractive Villain. Here Azarenka is seen as the over groaning court brat and Na as the funny well mannered Chinese quiet achiever. Simple as that, the crowd can like whoever they want. Popularity is life and chosen by people for certain reasons. As the commentator said Azarenka could have at least walked out to the match without earphones and acknowledged the crowd and she could never imagine Federer doing such a thing.
renstar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #23
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with this.

She didnt shed a single tear last year with the first slam, and now cries a lot.... Obviously all the hate finally got to her, you could see it was a cry of relief there, and I felt bad for her.... No one deserves that much hate that she got it was unbearable.... Actually I hate to see people crying.

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #24
country flag FleetSeb

FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of FleetSeb has much to be proud of

Do you know what, no matter what a person has done, mob mentality is one of the ugliest sights in humanity. People are so scared of standing out from the crowd and so at ease abusing someone when they aren't accountable for it.

It is easy to attack someone for what they've done when they can't fight back.

Ugly ugly ugly side of humans was seen today.
Simona Halep - Heather Watson - Julia Goerges - Kimiko Date Krumm - Lucie Safarova - Nadia Petrova
FleetSeb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #25
country flag aloeball

aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future aloeball has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
Have you ever seen a Fed Cup/Davis Cup match or ever watched a RG match??? This crowd was tame compared to those kind of crowds. The crowd felt she used gamesmenship to win her semi and a lot of people agree. It's not like the level of crowd support was for no reason.
This so much !!!!!!! hahahaha you haven't seen crowds at their worst. You think this is bad or worth commenting then you really haven't seen Fed Cup and the FO.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #26
country flag ViceUltramontain
La nuit je mens

ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute ViceUltramontain has a reputation beyond repute

Not only the crowd was against her, but almost all the tennis world. She's a mental giant.
TT Doubles Titles : Seoul 2014 (w/ Andreas) Osaka 2013 (w/ matthias) Nantes Challenger YEC 2013 - Charlottesville 50k 2013 - Saint Martin 10k 2013 - Orlando 10k 2013 - Sibenik 10k 2013 (all w/ charmedRic)
Tipping Titles : Australian Open 2014
ViceUltramontain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #27
country flag vixter

vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute

She was crying out of relief, pressure release. She wasn't "bullied" by the crowd, they supported Li more that's it.

Tennis-fan since 2001 Serena-fan since 2001
Don't hate the player hate the game. I dislike noone. Not even Sharapova.
vixter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #28
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Whaaaaa, this thread is crazy. A lot was made of Azarenka's suspect tactics vs. Stephens and the crowd reacted as you'd expect them to. She's just fortunate she didn't use the same tactics at the French or at the US Open.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #29
country flag Sergius

Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute

I'm impressed with her mental strength, to say the truth. She had the pressure of defending the title and her number one spot, not to mention she got bullied by the press and twitter users. She has never been the crowd's darling, but in the first set of the final the crowd were literally silent when she happened to win a point.
She got nerves of steel, great for her
Sergius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #30
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
Have you ever seen a Fed Cup/Davis Cup match or ever watched a RG match??? This crowd was tame compared to those kind of crowds. The crowd felt she used gamesmenship to win her semi and a lot of people agree. It's not like the level of crowd support was for no reason.
Yup. If she'd been playing an Australian in the final (ha!) it would have been a hundred times worse. She can have a cup of concrete and harden the fuck up.

Didn't affect her anyway, she played through it and won. Knowing Australians, the fact she endured it and came through with a win will have just increased their respect for her.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote