AO F: Princess Vika def. Li Na 4-6 6-4 6-3 DEFENDS TITLE! - Page 36 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 04:04 AM   #526
country flag wtftennis

wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light
Re: AO F: Princess Vika def. Li Na 4-6 6-4 6-3 DEFENDS TITLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roookie View Post
Woeful match. Neither could hold serve to save their lifes. Where were all those NaNa errors against Maria? However despite Li's form having dropped she still was slightly better and should have taken the match in two. She massively collapsed from 0-40 3-4 on Vika's serve From then on it was NID.

Vika was a bit lucky at both Na's choking and ankle injury, the later didn't look that serious but she wasn't moving the same after.

Despite Azarenka's cheating I could not help but feel emotional when she burst into tears after the match was over. Often we forget these players are young girls who go through a lot and sometimes just get caught in the moment. I think this tournament could be a huge thing for Vika's mental strenght, at the end that was what made her win. For all the backlash she got, it was kind of admirable.
Its funny how much people still call it cheating when there is no evidence. They are still trying to make excuses to why their favourites lost, really that hurt fanboys?
wtftennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 04:10 AM   #527
country flag Mynarco
Bra Vibrationer

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunaticalm View Post
She did once at German open(?) in three sets. It was in 2008 I think.
Stuttgart.
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #528
country flag Derek.
Two and counting.

Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute

Vika.
Derek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 04:24 AM   #529
country flag wtftennis

wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguedandelion View Post
A) you are wrong, before the AO
Murray Simon was 9-1
Djokovic Berdych was 11-1 (I guess he was one of the tougher players you mentioned)

Also, do you understand how the draw works?
They gave him Del Potro. Del Po flamed out. And Monfils, and Monfils clowned out.

Not to mention Djokovic got Ferrer instead of Murray in his half, so if anyone got a tough draw, it was Federer.
I do understand how the draw works ty. They engineer it perfectly to make sure they get the matchups they want, by matching players that have an edge on others. YOur obviously a Murray fan, so I understand you believing its all fair, since they gave him a cakewalk to the finals. Look how many times we saw France vs France, USA vs USA, Serbia vs Serbia, all to avoid these matches in teh finals.

And they dont care about federer, they tried to screw Djokovic (like Azarenka), they give him Berdych again, make him face Ferrer, Wawrinka. Murray on the other hand they want to win since his British, they finally want him to take an AO title. So they gave him all the matchups that he has an edge on or aernt in form.

Also they groomed Madison Keys (an unseeded player)so hard before the AO and during. Gets an easy first 2 rounds and then what seeded player does she run into? Yep ofc Angelique Kerber who was playing bad right before AO and wasnt in her best form. Too bad it didnt work out for them though. But expect more treatment for her.

Last edited by wtftennis : Jan 27th, 2013 at 04:33 AM.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 04:50 AM   #530
country flag wtftennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguedandelion View Post
True I expected it. It was double depressing when Li got the momentum back and then the fireworks happened and she reinjured herself. Azarenka's luck is demonic.
Funny how you say that. I remember the beginning Azarenka was making mistakes, just missing and hitting the net, hitting just out. While Na was hitting just in. I was thinking cmon wheres Azas luck? first the bully crowd, press is on her, even God is against her? Im thinking is fate going to let this scum crowd win? can't justice win? can't God give her more strength to beat everyone against her?

And then slowly Azas game started to sprout again, like a dead flower being healed and coming to life. Then Li Nas injury, Im thinking maybe God is on this poor young girls side (not that I was happy that Na hurt herself) but Was really happy when Vica won and beat everyone.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 08:55 AM   #531
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWarrior View Post
Those stats And how many breaks of serves again ?
Even the speeches were bad. NaNa has lost her sarcastic humour and Azarenka needed a cheat sheet for a boring generic speech instead of rising to the occasion.
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:31 AM   #532
country flag ~Cherry*Blossom~

~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Cherry*Blossom~ has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on defending your title Vika!

Match was low on quality though. Li Na played closer to her usual level than Vika did, Vika was terrible through much of the match but as usual Li Na was too erratic to capitalise. I was surprised at how poorly Vika played, her forehand looked worse than usual through much of the match unfortunately. However, I think that had more to do with the all the "controversy" surrounding the sf match.

THE ROYAL SAINT - OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE ROYAL COURT
USO99-FO02-WIM02-USO02-AO03-WIM03-AO05-AO07-USO08-AO09-WIM09-AO10-WIM10-WIM12-USO12-FO13-USO13-USO14
WIM00-USO00-WIM01-USO01-WIM05-WIM07-WIM08
•How could you love summer before winter nights? I'll be by your side•
~Cherry*Blossom~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #533
country flag Juanes
facebook.com/RCTabak

Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute

congrats!

Juanes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #534
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cherry*Blossom~ View Post
Congrats on defending your title Vika!

Match was low on quality though. Li Na played closer to her usual level than Vika did, Vika was terrible through much of the match but as usual Li Na was too erratic to capitalise. I was surprised at how poorly Vika played, her forehand looked worse than usual through much of the match unfortunately. However, I think that had more to do with the all the "controversy" surrounding the sf match.
Na twisted her ankle twice. If it wasn't a GS final she would have obviously retired.

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #535
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

expected result......

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #536
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

as for the men's title, djokovic could not get any luckier......murray injured his leg in the third set and that meant the end of the line for him......better player lost if you ask me......

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 03:13 AM   #537
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so proud of Vika and all that she had to go through mentally to win this title. Her reaction to winning this title showed that. A true champion in my book!
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #538
country flag lenas warriors

lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute lenas warriors has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Vika. May not have been the toughtest route on paper, but she managed to defend & managed to play despite the hatred for her and win. Tbh she deserved another slam after her 2012!

Na, good luck next time. Ive never seen a fall like the second one, something between stomach wrenching and comical.
Amaze-arenka, Kvitty-GOAT and Halep
Hantuchova, Petrova, Zvonareva, Goerges, Pavlyuchenkova, Makarova, The Other Russians, Koukalova, The Other Czechs,
Kerber, Sharapova, Keys, Townsend, Paszek, Kanepi, Shvedova, Martic, Watson, Robson, Kimiko, Barthel, Erakovic

Last edited by lenas warriors : Jan 28th, 2013 at 10:05 AM. Reason: grammar
lenas warriors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote