AO F: Princess Vika def. Li Na 4-6 6-4 6-3 DEFENDS TITLE! - Page 33 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #481
country flag dexter87

dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice dexter87 is just really nice
Re: AO F: Princess Vika def. Li Na 4-6 6-4 6-3 DEFENDS TITLE!

Vika

I actually picked Li to beat Azarenka in the final in a bracket contest before the start of the tournament, but as a Vika fan I'm happy she managed to get over the finishing line.

Quite hilarious how some people are saying that Vika is the luckiest player around etc when she has won 2 of the last 5 slams, bagelling Sharapova in one of the finals, and was also a hold of serve away from defeating Serena in the US Open final too.
dexter87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #482
VishaalMaria

VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute

I am not a fan, but I am glad she won her 2nd slam, defending the AO, considering the mob mentality against her. Have to respect her strength.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #483
country flag DonnaT

DonnaT is a glorious beacon of light DonnaT is a glorious beacon of light DonnaT is a glorious beacon of light DonnaT is a glorious beacon of light DonnaT is a glorious beacon of light DonnaT is a glorious beacon of light DonnaT is a glorious beacon of light DonnaT is a glorious beacon of light DonnaT is a glorious beacon of light DonnaT is a glorious beacon of light DonnaT is a glorious beacon of light

Well done Vika

this was good tournament for Na Li...would not have been undeservedly if she won title,she didn't have luck in final.
DonnaT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #484
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

For the haters.

"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #485
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Na but even with all the misfortunes she could have, but her shot selection on the big points was so bad.

Such a disappointing result but a fitting end to such a poor slam.

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #486
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VishaalMaria View Post
I am not a fan, but I am glad she won her 2nd slam, defending the AO, considering the mob mentality against her. Have to respect her strength.
Agreed. Well done Vika. Well done Li Na as well on her great run in Melbourne. Vika has 2 slams and she is hall of fame bound at age 23 like it or not.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #487
country flag rnwerner

rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future rnwerner has a brilliant future

I like both players, but this match was just not good.

Both were nervous and up-and-down throughout. Only 5 Minutes at the end of Set 1 were final worthy.

After a lot of onesided finals, we now had three three-setters with up-and-downs, high UE ratios and all of them affected by nerves.

Titel [Suicide T.]: Marrakesch 2014, Rom 2013, Guangzhou 2013, Peking 2012 und Fes 2012
[TT]: ITF Cagnes-Sur-Mer 2011 und ITF Hechingen 2012
[TT D]: ITF Shrewsbury 2012 (mit Hapsara) und ITF Biarritz 2013 (mit Heinann)
[FITD]: Budapest 2013
[FITD Doubles]: Madrid 2013 und Dubai 2014 [Q-Ball]: Brisbane 2013 und Madrid 2014
rnwerner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #488
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

2013 AUSTRALIAN OPEN WINNER : VICTORIA AZARENKA !!

I´ll say it again for the haters:

2013 AUSTRALIAN OPEN WINNER : VICTORIA AZARENKA !!
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #489
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

expected Li to win this and she could have still come back in the 3rd set...but just too many UEs...and that's just not gonna cut it against the steadiest player on the WTA...

nonetheless, still a great tournament for Li Na...haven't seen her play this well in a very long time...partnering w/ Henin's old coach is clearly paying dividends...I expect Li to be a factor at RG...

As for Azarenka, next to Serena, she is clearly the best HC player ATM...while I don't expect her to be a contender at RG or Wimby, she'll def be a force to be reckoned with at USO again...
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #490
country flag Angelpova
Naoned e Breizh

Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of Angelpova has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
For the haters.

Angelpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #491
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Those stats And how many breaks of serves again ?
Even the speeches were bad. NaNa has lost her sarcastic humour and Azarenka needed a cheat sheet for a boring generic speech instead of rising to the occasion.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #492
country flag el_conquistador

el_conquistador is just really nice el_conquistador is just really nice el_conquistador is just really nice el_conquistador is just really nice el_conquistador is just really nice el_conquistador is just really nice el_conquistador is just really nice el_conquistador is just really nice el_conquistador is just really nice el_conquistador is just really nice el_conquistador is just really nice

cheating wins, tennis loses
el_conquistador is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #493
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWarrior View Post
Those stats And how many breaks of serves again ?
Even the speeches were bad. NaNa has lost her sarcastic humour and Azarenka needed a cheat sheet for a boring generic speech instead of rising to the occasion.
You should try coming up with some funny jokes after you just lost a slam you could have won
Melange is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #494
country flag SunshineSlam

SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of SunshineSlam has much to be proud of

That was such a mentally tough performance by Vika, well done to her. But even though Vika didn't deserve the cold reception she got from the crowd, Na definitely deserved all the love she was getting.

Three three-set slam finals in a row.
SunshineSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #495
country flag fluffyelloballz
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold

Drama! Very exciting match to watch. I foolishly thought Li Na could pull it off but Azarenka was just too solid and is wired to win matches like this. Good for Vika. Whatever reasons people have for not liking her, she executed her game better than her opponent and believed in herself.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/07/serena...o-save-season/
Serena Williams needs a Great U.S Open Series to Save Season
fluffyelloballz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote