NM to criminalize abortions for rape victims. - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #16
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NM (NOT TO) criminalize abortions for rape victims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post

Anyway, it apparently is grossly unlikely to pass, so the thread title is misleading.
Of course it won't, and the OP knowingly twisted that fact in the thread title. Its really:

New Mexico Bill Would Criminalize Abortions After Rape As 'Tampering With Evidence'

Posted: 01/24/2013 10:21 am EST | Updated: 01/25/2013 5:45 pm EST

And as you can see, it was last updated on HuffPo B4 being posted here. (And they'd never let a blogger there use such a misleading title anyway).

"Welcome to Wiggly World", Becca. A place where anyone who's pro-life (err, anti-choice) "wants 10 year old rape victims to die in childbirth".

Even the relatively liberal meyerpl once called out the OP for what he aptly called "liberal fascism". If she posts that the sky is blue on a sunny day, you should still check a color chart.
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #17
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NM to criminalize abortions for rape victims.

Quote:
New Mexico Bill Would Criminalize Abortions After Rape As 'Tampering With Evidence'
So you would be ok with such a law? ^^^

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #18
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute
Re: NM (NOT TO) criminalize abortions for rape victims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
Of course it won't, and the OP knowingly twisted that fact in the thread title. Its really:

Posted: 01/24/2013 10:21 am EST | Updated: 01/25/2013 5:45 pm EST

And as you can see, it was last updated on HuffPo B4 being posted here. (And they'd never let a blogger there use such a misleading title anyway).

"Welcome to Wiggly World", Becca. A place where anyone who's pro-life (err, anti-choice) "wants 10 year old rape victims to die in childbirth".

Even the relatively liberal meyerpl once called out the OP for what he aptly called "liberal fascism". If she posts that the sky is blue on a sunny day, you should still check a color chart.
I have her on ignore so that I can pick and choose when to read her... you're preaching to the choir
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #19
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hablo View Post

So you would be ok with such a law? ^^^
I obviously didn't say that, but no I would not. My criticizing the blatant distortion of a headline by a poster doesn't mean I am thus for what the story criticized. Now go find some illegal signage in English, and turn the advertiser in to Kuh-BECK's language police.
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #20
country flag Shuji Shuriken
Team WTAworld

Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's really stupid to even PROPOSE such a crazy law to begin with. Blunder ater blunder after blunder for the Republicans

Brandysan's Keeper

žžŸŸl[lŸŸžž

Venussan #1 Fan
Serenasan Warrior Princess

http://www.myspace.com/keimodarkheart
Shuji Shuriken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #21
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigglytuff View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2541894.html

A Republican lawmaker in New Mexico introduced a bill on Wednesday that would legally require victims of rape to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a sexual assault trial.

House Bill 206, introduced by state Rep. Cathrynn Brown (R), would charge a rape victim who ended her pregnancy with a third-degree felony for "tampering with evidence."

“Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime," the bill says.

Third-degree felonies in New Mexico carry a sentence of up to three years in prison.

Pat Davis of ProgressNow New Mexico, a progressive nonprofit opposing the bill, called it "blatantly unconstitutional" on Thursday.

“The bill turns victims of rape and incest into felons and forces them to become incubators of evidence for the state,” he said. “According to Republican philosophy, victims who are ‘legitimately raped’ will now have to carry the fetus to term in order to prove their case.“

The bill is unlikely to pass, as Democrats have a majority in both chambers of New Mexico's state legislature.
=======
becase you know, nothing says there is no war on women like going after rape VICTIMS
This is all you need to know. Legislators propose all kinds of stupid laws. Most do not even make it out of committee. Grandstanding is a hallowed tradition in Congress and state legislatures, basically in politics. Very annoying, too.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote