Marija Abramovic - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 12th, 2008, 05:24 PM   #1
country flag Krijes Sedam

Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice
Smile Marija Abramovic

I see there is no thread about her..

Younger of Abramovic sisters, here's a few facts:
Date of Birth: August 19, 1987
Career-High Singles: No. 284 (November 19, 2007)

After a rough days trying to leave Lebanon and almost war situation, where she played at $50,000+ H Jounieh and reached Quartefinals, she is heading to Poland, at $25,000 Szczecin.

Wishing her all the best in reaching her new career high soon!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mabramovic.jpg (17.6 KB, 27 views)
Krijes Sedam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #2
country flag Krijes Sedam

Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice
Re: Marija Abramovic

Krijes Sedam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2009, 05:59 AM   #3
country flag JURasic

JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light

She represents Croatia at Universiade in Belgrade. And Sunic.

She didn't play over for year now, i thought she retired. And she still has a ranking, #986.

However, good luck
JURasic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 01:44 AM   #4
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

In case anyone missed it, Marija is back in action this week. She's unranked, as she hasn't played a pro tournament since June 2008, but got a MD WC for the $10K in Vinkovci. In R1 she plays another WC, Marina KACHAR, an unranked 17 y.o.

Best of luck to Marija on her comeback!
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2009, 01:02 PM   #5
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Really nice seeing her play great right from the start - she's in the finals, with routine wins over seeds 6 (Stancu, #582) and 4 (Mayr, #528). Really wish that she comes back better than ever, and if we can judge by the start, she can do a lot. Good luck Marija
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 08:08 AM   #6
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

A very interesting draw for Marija in Sofia 100k, where she's playing with protected ranking - R1 against Dokic! I know Marija doesen't have much of a chance, but it would be cool to see Dokic beaten by Croatians two weeks in a row She also got a wild card for doubles, where she's playing with some local player.

Good luck Marija
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 04:52 PM   #7
country flag ma re

She lost both, singles and doubles, in straight sets, but at least took Dokic to a tie-breaker in one of them. Not a bad performance I'd say.
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 09:29 PM   #8
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

The good news for Marija is that she got a QWC for this week's $75K+H in Lebanon.
The bad news is that she lost in the final round of qualifying.
The good news is that she got into the MD as a LL.
The bad news is that in R1 she plays the #3 seed, Akgul Amanmuradova. No chance for Marija, I'm afraid.

+++

QR1: def. Elen Chelidze (RUS) 60 61
QR2: def. (8)Cristina Stancu (ROU) 36 64 62
QR3: lost to (2)Michaela Pochabova (SVK) 75 61
MR1: v. (3)Akgul Amanmuradova (UZB)

+++

PS: It looks like her older sister, Ivana, who hasn't played since Oct. 2007, is also attempting a comeback. She was on the alternates list at the same tournament but too far down the list to make it into the qualies.
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 05:37 AM   #9
country flag ma re

So eventhough she won 2 matches here there's a (big) chance that she'll only go away with 1 point... Let's hope Akgul gets a brainfart.
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 07:16 AM   #10
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
So eventhough she won 2 matches here there's a (big) chance that she'll only go away with 1 point... Let's hope Akgul gets a brainfart.
At the $50K level and above, two qualie wins are worth 4 points.
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 11:40 AM   #11
country flag ma re

^Yes, but those points don't count if you get in as a LL - in that case you only get what you earn in the MD.
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #12
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
^Yes, but those points don't count if you get in as a LL - in that case you only get what you earn in the MD.
I don't think that's right. Here's the rule: "Lucky Losers earn Main Draw ranking points based on the highest round reached in the Main Draw, unless they lose in the 1st round of the Main Draw in which case they receive only the ranking points earned in Qualifying."
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #13
country flag ma re

^Oops, my mistake
Old Jul 8th, 2010, 12:09 AM   #14
country flag networthy

$25,000 Valladolid, Round 1:
Maria ABRAMOVIC (CRO) defeated Carmen LOPEZ-BLANCO (ESP) 1-6 6-3 6-0
Old Jul 8th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #15
country flag ma re

It's a three set win against someone really low (below 1000), but I think she can still play some good tennis, being just 23 y.o. This win alone will move her some 70 places up, to around 650, but it's still a long way back. I don't expect her to win her next match, cause the opponent is ranked 240, which is probably still too tough of a task for her. But still, fingers crossed