Sloane Stephens' Interview: "I love Vika, I hope she wins the final" - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #1
country flag Tennisation

Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute
Sloane Stephens' Interview: "I love Vika, I hope she wins the final"

The second coming of Chanda Rubin Serena Williams have spoken. Drama queens of tennisforum, time to move along and look forward to the final. Hopefully it will be a high quality and entertaining match no matter who wins, which will be good for the WTA.

Q. What did you think when she took the long medical break at the end?
SLOANE STEPHENS: Nothing. It's happened before. I mean, I've had in the last match, the match before, medical breaks, go to the bathroom, the whole showdown.
It was just something else, but it didn't affect anything, I don't think.

Q. We had the impression it was for her to calm herself down a bit instead of a physical problem. Was that the impression you got?
SLOANE STEPHENS: No. I mean, when you take a medical break or timeout, obviously it's for a reason. Just a normal, routine break, medical timeout.

Q. She said she felt overwhelmed, she couldn't breathe, she had chest pains. She was describing basically a panic attack. If it was nerves or not a tweaked ankle or knee, does that bother you?
SLOANE STEPHENS: No, not really. I mean, just another something else that happens. Like if it was one of my friends, I would say, Oh, my God, that sounds like a PP, which is a personal problem.
Other than that, it's just unfortunate.

Q. You don't want to use that as kind of a reason for why the match didn't go your way?
SLOANE STEPHENS: No, not at all. I mean, she played obviously a really good match. First set she played awesome; got close in the second.
I just didn't want to give it to her basically and just kind of worked for every point.
It didn't go my way, but I wouldn't say at all what happened affected the match.

Q. Did you lose momentum in those 10 minutes while you were sitting there waiting for her?
SLOANE STEPHENS: Uhm, no. I mean, I did lose the next game, but I wouldn't say that's because of the medical timeout is why I lost the next game.

Q. Has she said anything to you? On TV she was pretty outspoken about the fact that it wasn't your conventional physical break. Has she apologized or in any way conveyed anything to you about that?
SLOANE STEPHENS: No, no, but I'm sure I'll see her. Of course, I love Vika and we share the same agent. We actually are pretty good friends. I'm sure I'll see her and we'll talk about it.

Q. It was a breathing problem. Do you feel it may have been some gamesmanship on her part at that point in time?
SLOANE STEPHENS: No. You just get an oxygen tank or something. I don't know. You got to figure it out. I don't know what the problem is.
Well, I hope she wins the final, so I hope if that's the case she should figure it out, something, get it together.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...013917679.html
Tennisation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #2
country flag Destiny

Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane Stephens' Interview: "I love Vika, I hope she wins the final"

PRESSED the way the press are trying to get Sloane to say something bad . GOSH man leave it .

TWITTER NAME : https://twitter.com/Mozzawalks
Destiny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #3
country flag nfl46

nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future
Good move, Sloane! Don't say anything negative to the press, just say it behind close doors. People are watching Sloane now and will try to use anything she says against her. Learn from that "disrespectful" comment you made in regards to Serena.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #4
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Take that back, Sloane!
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #5
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisation View Post
The second coming of Chanda Rubin Serena Williams have spoken. Drama queens of tennisforum, time to move along and look forward to the final. Hopefully it will be a high quality and entertaining match no matter who wins, which will be good for the WTA.

Q. What did you think when she took the long medical break at the end?
SLOANE STEPHENS: Nothing. It's happened before. I mean, I've had in the last match, the match before, medical breaks, go to the bathroom, the whole showdown.
It was just something else, but it didn't affect anything, I don't think.

Q. We had the impression it was for her to calm herself down a bit instead of a physical problem. Was that the impression you got?
SLOANE STEPHENS: No. I mean, when you take a medical break or timeout, obviously it's for a reason. Just a normal, routine break, medical timeout.

Q. She said she felt overwhelmed, she couldn't breathe, she had chest pains. She was describing basically a panic attack. If it was nerves or not a tweaked ankle or knee, does that bother you?
SLOANE STEPHENS: No, not really. I mean, just another something else that happens. Like if it was one of my friends, I would say, Oh, my God, that sounds like a PP, which is a personal problem.
Other than that, it's just unfortunate.

Q. You don't want to use that as kind of a reason for why the match didn't go your way?
SLOANE STEPHENS: No, not at all. I mean, she played obviously a really good match. First set she played awesome; got close in the second.
I just didn't want to give it to her basically and just kind of worked for every point.
It didn't go my way, but I wouldn't say at all what happened affected the match.

Q. Did you lose momentum in those 10 minutes while you were sitting there waiting for her?
SLOANE STEPHENS: Uhm, no. I mean, I did lose the next game, but I wouldn't say that's because of the medical timeout is why I lost the next game.

Q. Has she said anything to you? On TV she was pretty outspoken about the fact that it wasn't your conventional physical break. Has she apologized or in any way conveyed anything to you about that?
SLOANE STEPHENS: No, no, but I'm sure I'll see her. Of course, I love Vika and we share the same agent. We actually are pretty good friends. I'm sure I'll see her and we'll talk about it.

Q. It was a breathing problem. Do you feel it may have been some gamesmanship on her part at that point in time?
SLOANE STEPHENS: No. You just get an oxygen tank or something. I don't know. You got to figure it out. I don't know what the problem is.
Well, I hope she wins the final, so I hope if that's the case she should figure it out, something, get it together.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...013917679.html
That's right, Sloane. Keep it classy. Let everybody else duke it out.
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #6
country flag ptkten

ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute ptkten has a reputation beyond repute

Sloane has said in several other interviews that she's friends with Vika. Almost all players on tour say good things about Vika, it's just she has a win at all cost personality on the court which rubs some fans and people in the media the wrong way.

McHale-Stephens-Watson-Robson-Townsend

Brodsky-Muhammed-Hampton-Keys-Crawford-Andrews-Hardebeck
ptkten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #7
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
I love Vika
Isn't Redfool, or whatever is his name, jealous ?
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #8
country flag manu32

manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future manu32 has a brilliant future

Lagardère's team both,so..
manu32 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #9
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

Saint Sloane
fouc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:12 PM   #10
country flag taloki

taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu32 View Post
Lagardère's team both,so..
Exactly.
They share the same agent, wouldn't be a smart move for her if she were to publicly criticise Vika.
taloki is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #11
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

OMG at the press basically asking the same thing in 10 different ways
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #12
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by taloki View Post
Exactly.
They share the same agent, wouldn't be a smart move for her if she were to publicly criticise Vika.
She already said that Vika is one of the nicest players on tour and that they are friends. Somebody even made a topic about it here a few months ago.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #13
country flag TZVETI83

TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future

Wow that is really nice of her, very classy!!!
TZVETI83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #14
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Sloane .
StoneRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #15
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote