Sloane Stephens: "I am going to be the next superstar!" - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #31
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane Stephens: "I am going to be the next superstar"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayo View Post
The hell? How was she supposed to answer that question?

"No, probably not."

Some of you people are insane.

Superstars at the moment are only Serena and Maria. Venus is still a superstar, but kind of fading. Even Vika is not there yet. Is Caro a superstar? LMAO. Na is a superstar in China, not really global wide. Can you see Sloane reach the level of Serena's tennis wise and Maria's marketing power ( and tennis)?

If she is not that full of herself, she could say:

Journalist : "Are you going to be a superstar?"

Sloane : " If you say so, I hope I will be a star one day. I 'll work on it. "

" Not sure about " superstar", but I can definitely play tennis."

" Aren't there many stars in the sky? I'll go for a big one."

Being humble will get you far. Not being the next Alexandra Stevenson.
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #32
country flag nfl46

nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of
Wasnt this said last year? I'm sorry but if I'm an up and coming professional player, I would say that as well!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #33
country flag cowking

cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future

People taking stuff she says out of context again. She responded to a question, didn't say that herself. How should she respond anyway? "No, I think I'm going to be a journeywoman and win a few MMs hopefully". <<< no

She comes across as really composed, well-measured in interviews...pretty bubbly too, and she says a lot of things tongue-in-cheek so they get misinterpreted. I'm not even a fan but she's refreshing in interviews, and after the Vika match she never blamed the MTO for her loss, complained or anything, said nothing negative towards Azarenka. People just love to hate
cowking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #34
country flag vixter

vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflies View Post
If she is not that full of herself, she could say:

Journalist : "Are you going to be a superstar?"

Sloane : " If you say so, I hope I will be a star one day. I 'll work on it. "

" Not sure about " superstar", but I can definitely play tennis."

" Aren't there many stars in the sky? I'll go for a big one."

Being humble will get you far. Not being the next Alexandra Stevenson.
Very thoughtful examples. The last one maybe a tad too poetic. Anyway, saying it like she says does not necessarily mean being full of oneself. It could just be going with the flow, saying what people want to hear... She strikes me as not being completely serious with what she says...

Tennis-fan since 2001 Serena-fan since 2001
Don't hate the player hate the game. I dislike noone. Not even Sharapova.
vixter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #35
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump-it-UP View Post
No doubt that this will become a 100+ post thread. She got asked a question and gave an answer. Was she supposed to say no?
This, the hate that this girl is getting already that when you know you made when the haters start coming
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #36
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixter View Post
Very thoughtful examples. The last one maybe a tad too poetic. Anyway, saying it like she says does not necessarily mean being full of oneself. It could just be going with the flow, saying what people want to hear... She strikes me as not being completely serious with what she says...

Actually, Sloane was not bad in her interviews at all. She is still young and composed enough in her interviews. So far it's okay for her age, media trained or not. I admit I was a bit annoyed with the way she played Serena tough, then fold like a cheap tent vs Vika.

There were players who played light out against the the Williamses ( nowadays just mainly against Serena that counts), then played like wimps against other top players. Chanda Rubin was one of them. And Stosur, Angela Haynes. It's good to play tough against top players, but better bring your best against everyone of them, not just against the Williams just because they want a 5 minute fame.
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #37
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjones View Post
she probably should have answered something along the lines of how she shouldn't let this run go to her head and she still has a long way to go. I'll have to admit the interviewer does have some blame for this, they're seriously overhyping this, sloan has yet to prove herself. Robson got a fair bit of attention when getting to teh 4th round of the US open, taking down 2 top players on route, and I don't reember her acting this arrogant.
Exactly.
No modesty in Sloane at all
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 03:27 AM   #38
country flag sav001

sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold sav001 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sloane Stephens: "I am going to be the next superstar!"

Do people not realise that she said this at last year's US Open and not at this year's Australian Open? I mean seriously? Trying a bit too hard to hate on the girl.
sav001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 04:02 AM   #39
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Someone said she was already a superstar, it's starting to look that way.
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 04:06 AM   #40
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

She's a kid. Kids say stupid stuff.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:28 AM   #41
country flag Alexander18

Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future Alexander18 has a brilliant future

There shouldn't be quotes in the title because Sloane didn't actually say those words.
Alexander18 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #42
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Confidence is good. I like.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #43
country flag Felipe Abe

Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all

Have you never said this one day ? Did it actually happened ?
i'm not saying that she wont be a superstar but you have to say this to encourage yourself, at least.
Felipe Abe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #44
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjones View Post
she probably should have answered something along the lines of how she shouldn't let this run go to her head and she still has a long way to go.
Then again, people would have said "Sloane Stephens has no personality !!!!!11!!one".
pedropt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #45
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump-it-UP View Post
No doubt that this will become a 100+ post thread. She got asked a question and gave an answer. Was she supposed to say no?
Exactly! I don't see what's the big deal!

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·伊万┣┫·彭帅┣┫·杨科┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote