Sloane Stephens: "I am going to be the next superstar!" - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #16
country flag saint2

saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute saint2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane Stephens: "I am going to be the next superstar"

Considering how many threads she got lately on world's biggest WTA forum, she is already a superstar
saint2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #17
country flag histery

histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future histery has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT2009 View Post
Her mouth is bigger than her game. I guess the next Alexandra Stevenson is in the making.
Well, she already surpassed Alexandra in terms of career high ranking (Stevenson was no. 18), and at a younger age also
histery is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #18
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

I'm kinda starting to love this girl.
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #19
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

She just reached a SF of a Slam beating one of the most colossal greats of the game. What is she going to say ' I'M GOING TO BE A HUGE FLOP!!!'?
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #20
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
She just reached a SF of a Slam beating one of the most colossal greats of the game. What is she going to say ' I'M GOING TO BE A HUGE FLOP!!!'?
It's called perspective honey.

Everything went Ms. Lucky Charms way in this tournament not through consistently great play but through luck.

Last edited by JarkaFish : Jan 24th, 2013 at 09:11 PM.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #21
country flag Princess Fiona
Team WTAworld
Superskyderen

Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute Princess Fiona has a reputation beyond repute

She's a young girl who has had the tournament of her life. She's getting tons of new media attention etc. Of course it's going to affect her. (I'm not excusing too much over-confidence at all - it's not exactly a favourite trait of mine - but I can appreciate how she may be caught up in any hype)
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #22
country flag Bayo

Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute

The hell? How was she supposed to answer that question?

"Are you going to be a superstar?"
"No, probably not."

Some of you people are insane.
Serena's game is like the limitation of the spirit to it's very basic elements, sleep (or the process of going to sleep), eat, rerun [...] the two first, all and absolutely unnecessary to a person's life just like Serena's game is to tennis are often overpraised for whatever reasons in certain close-minded brain-broken societies.
Bayo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #23
country flag Trickle
Cetkovstan

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute

It's all tongue in cheek guys... give her a break.
Trickle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #24
country flag alex.2812

alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of

Humour!
I wouldn't have said "No"
But I would have let them laugh a bit and then add "well at least I hope so".
alex.2812 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #25
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
It's called perspective honey.

Everything went Ms. Lucky Charms way in this tournament not through consistently great play but through luck.
You are a constant flop.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #26
country flag alexjones

alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold

she probably should have answered something along the lines of how she shouldn't let this run go to her head and she still has a long way to go. I'll have to admit the interviewer does have some blame for this, they're seriously overhyping this, sloan has yet to prove herself. Robson got a fair bit of attention when getting to teh 4th round of the US open, taking down 2 top players on route, and I don't reember her acting this arrogant.
alexjones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #27
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
You are a constant flop.
Funny, I was thinking the same about you.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #28
country flag vixter

vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe, I liked the second quote.

"I love seeing myself and I think other people love seeing me too."

SLOANE ROCKS Y'ALL!!

Tennis-fan since 2001 Serena-fan since 2001
Don't hate the player hate the game. I dislike noone. Not even Sharapova.
vixter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #29
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting to dislike her. Well done, Tennis America.

Ps. Humbleness is a good look, Sloane...
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #30
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute

I hope she's going to be a superstar for the sake of American 's tennis, but unfortunately, I don't see it. The girl is a typical bubbly teenage girl who is full of herself. Her game has many holes in it. She tried to copy some of Serena's shots, but doesn't have the serves, the skills and the intensity to back it up.

Let be honest, her run in this Slam is purely lucky with win over an injured Serena who couldn't serve normally and barely running for balls. Then she got her ass kicked by a below par Azarenka. She is not close to the top girls yet, tennis wise. People can say she is only 19, but she will be 20 in a month. Great players have big results at her age already. Unless she gets dramatically improvement, she will remain a girl who has her mouth bigger than her games.
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote