Venus OUT of Paris Indoor (Mauresmo Open) ... Petra Given MDWC, Fran Given QWC - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #16
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of
Re: Venus OUT of Paris Indoor (Mauresmo Open) ... Petra Given MDWC, Fran Given QWC

Withdrawal? Of course....

Per Venus tweet: Join me at @sportschalet Sunday in West LA at 12-1pm for an autograph signing & to see @EleVenbyVenus Spring 2013 line http://t.co/yCIZL9fs
- Venus Williams.

There was no way Venus was going to be in Paree on the 28th, while appearing in L.A. on the 27th with lst round matches starting on the 28th. A direct flight from L.A. to Paree is 10 hours, jet lag acute. Wasn't happening. So, the withdrawal was all but academic.
Rex59 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #17
country flag LCS

LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Venus OUT of Paris Indoor (Mauresmo Open) ... Petra Given MDWC, Fran Given QWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsi View Post
I feel for the tournament, the field just seems to get worse every year.

They weren't necessarily all my favourites but I went in 2003 and it had this field: http://www.wta96.com/wiki/ltourn.php?nr=1044

Such a nice tournament to visit.
what a blast from the past! I miss seeing those names in draws!
W: (12) Australian Open (11) 50K Monzon, Toronto F: (12) Montreal (09) 25K Redding, Bali YEC (08) Memphis, Stanford, 100K Krakow SF: (13) Toronto (12) Estoril Open (09) Roland Garros, Stanford (08) Auckland, Rome, Eastbourne, New Haven
Doubles W: (11) Hobart (09) 25K Redding (08) Doha, Istanbul (07) Estoril Open F: (12) Pattaya, Roland Garros, Stanford (11) Guangzhou(08) Memphis, Wimbledon, New Haven (07) Bali SF: (11) Trnava (10) Stuttgart (08) Budapest (07)Birmingham, US Open QF: (12) Australian Open (11) Roland Garros
LCS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #18
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsi View Post
I feel for the tournament, the field just seems to get worse every year.

They weren't necessarily all my favourites but I went in 2003 and it had this field: http://www.wta96.com/wiki/ltourn.php?nr=1044

Such a nice tournament to visit.
SF Amélie Mauresmo(3) - Elena Dementieva 6-0 6-0

That was ugly

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #19
country flag doujyr

doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of doujyr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
SF Amélie Mauresmo(3) - Elena Dementieva 6-0 6-0

That was ugly
their final in 09 was the worst case of hometown line calls i've ever seen! to say Elena was robbed is putting it mildly.
doujyr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #20
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Venus why she withdrew

https://twitter.com/exposbabe/status/294539808141885440
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #21
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Bye bye Venus.

JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #22
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wert. View Post
Schiavone needed a QWC to enter this?
Kuznetsova forced to play qualifying in Sydney and it worked well for her. She hasn't won a match since the French Open. Maybe Schiavone will do the same

This is my signature. Pretty neat, isn't it?
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #23
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Venus.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #24
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Mauresmo Open
Jane Lane is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #25
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I actually thought Venus had some sort of injury she was keeping silent about, so...I'm not surprised. Don't know if Franny can get very far into the tournament if she also has to qualify.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 01:11 AM   #26
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wert. View Post
Schiavone needed a QWC to enter this?
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 01:15 AM   #27
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Is Schiavone's ranking seriously dropped that low she needed a wildcard?

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #28
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

^She's ranked in the forties, so I think she applied to play too late and there wasn't another MDWC available. Something similar happened to ... Larsson last year, I think.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:29 AM   #29
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

Kvitty should be the real 1st seed, good chance for her to find some confidence back!

Just hope she won't tank this one too

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·莫娜┣┫·彭帅┣┫·斯隆┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #30
country flag Lin Lin

Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute Lin Lin has a reputation beyond repute

Fran Q?
豆豆
雪雪
Lin Lin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote