Maria Sharapova being convincingly trashed in slams - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #1
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute
Maria Sharapova being convincingly trashed in slams

Is it bad for the game? Has she passed her peak and will never win a slam again? Should she retire? Where does she go from here? All questions arising after the Li match fiasco.

She certainly has been beaten with ease a lot in her career, odd for a player of her caliver. Is she the multiple slam winner that has recieved more beatdowns in slams?

AO 2013 SF vs Li 26 26
AO 2012 F vs Aza 36 06
AO 2011 4r vs Petko 26 36
AO 2007 F vs Sarin 16 26

RG 2009 QF vs Pome 26 06
RG 2007 SF vs Ajde 26 16

Wimby 2008 2r vs Alla 26 46
Wimby 2007 4r vs Vee 16 36

In 6 of those defeats she was inside the top 4.

Last edited by Nicolás89 : Jan 24th, 2013 at 05:24 PM.
Nicolás89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #2
country flag Alan1991

Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice Alan1991 is just really nice
Re: Maria Sharapova being convincely trashed in slams

Yes because it's been so long ago since she last won a slam.
Alan1991 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #3
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Why not to open "Sharapova passed her peak she won't......bla, bla, bla" The previous one was an epic thread , pretty funny to read now

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #4
country flag roguedandelion

roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all

So dumb.

Sharapova is basher with no plan b, if she's off a day she gets routed. That doesn't mean she should retire. She'll probably win a slam this year or next year while she continues to be the highest paid female athlete, boning Dimitrov and jetting about. I'm so jelly of her.
roguedandelion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #5
country flag Boxuan

Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of Boxuan has much to be proud of

Wow, didn't know she had been thrashed by that little Pome that hard in RG09, almost as bad as London Olympic final

·┏┻━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓┏━━━┓
┏┛李娜┣┫·科娃┣┫·郑洁┣┫·伊万┣┫·彭帅┣┫·杨科┃
┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛┗◎━◎┛
Boxuan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #6
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh SH. Maria has 4 slams- that's all that matters.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #7
country flag swim4life227

swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute

I do give Maria credit. She has taken some thrashings on the biggest stages in tennis and brushed it off rather seemlessly.

This last match was weird cuz it wasn't a thrashing in the way her finals with Serena and Vika were here, every game went to deuce and she just somehow lost. With Vika/Serena she just wasn't ever in those matches (for the AO final).
swim4life227 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #8
country flag Samsuin

Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all

Tell me whatever you want, i think it would be a huge loss for the WTA.
She is one of the two big faces of womens tennis. She attracts viewers. WTA would get a lot less attractive for many people and Serena isn't THAT young anymore too.
Samsuin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #9
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Performance anxiety?

An ill-timed energy crash from too many candies in her diet?

idk--some of her losses are really bizarre. This one ranks right up there. Hard to fathom.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #10
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolás89 View Post
In 6 of those defeats she was inside the top 4.
Oh...
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #11
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

She can beat almost anybody her Plan A but if it's not working, there's nothing she can do.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #12
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Why not to open "Sharapova passed her peak she won't......bla, bla, bla" The previous one was an epic thread , pretty funny to read now
Thank you Nasha.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #13
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Some of her losses are weird. She goes from red hot to can't do anything right.

It's as if there's a level she can't get past, she hits the ceiling. I don't understand why her coach doesn't prepare her for an opponent to be red hot and have back up plans. She's made to look so hopeless in matches she's the hot favourite to win.

But I don't think she should retire at all - she has had an 18 months most players would sell their granny for, and even though I'm not a fan, the Tour would be much worse without her.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #14
country flag Tennisation

Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute

Sara Errani does not agree.
Tennisation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #15
babsi

babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future

Since the beginning of 2011, Maria has lost only two matches in three sets. The other 23 losses were in two sets.

It all depends on the way you look at it - glass half empty or half full.

babsi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote