Vikagate: Sloane's coach said Vika was "cheating within the rules." - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #16
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane's coach said Vika was "cheating within the rules."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweety Darling View Post
Azarenka is disgusting. Hate this *****.
And that is the only thing you can come up with.
No reason to justify your opinion, that just make perfect sense you hater
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #17
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Not 'cheating within the rules'. Rather 'lying in order to use a rule'. By her own admission, she was choking. My thought is she knew she was choking, and, knowing she was carrying injuries, kind of panicked, and took advantage of the rule.

It's NOT cheating, but it's incredibly poor sportsmanship. I have to admit, it will affect my opinion of Azarenka. It doesn't quite rise to the level of 'The Hand', but it informs us about her character, and not in a good way. OTOH, I would hate to be judged solely by my weakest public moments.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #18
country flag supergrunt

supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny to me how little Sloane haters are popping up everywhere under the guise of Azarenka defenderss....
supergrunt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #19
country flag nfl46

nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of
Thank God Lindsey and Venus didn't do this to each other in 2005 Wimbledon. Those two are class acts, but that Vika...smh. Please let her lose so she won't be number 1.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #20
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future

Didn't Roger do EXACTLY the same in 2010 against Davydenko? He lost badly the first set, poorly started the second... and then took a looong break after which came back and killed Nikolay...?
And nobody was complaining because Roger is Roger....

--

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina

Last edited by Manitou : Jan 24th, 2013 at 04:33 PM.
Manitou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #21
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
If it's "within the rules" then it's not cheating.

End of.

It might be bad sportsmanship, but it's not cheating; there's a difference.
STUPID RULE! Play should be continous, as in the past. If you are hurt and unable to play, tough luck. Court and King played most of the 70 Wimbledon finals seriously injured. From what I have read, Court's foot was so sore that she had to take her sneakers off in order to continue playing. Today's players are spoiled pampered Brats.

Last edited by miffedmax : Jan 25th, 2013 at 12:15 AM.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #22
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

it's disgraceful and it's what former great tennis players think about it.....

Azarenka just got what she already deserved for her previous shoulderbumps, injury faking etc. Now it clear even for those who didn't notice her cheating tactics before

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #23
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

At the end of the day, she's still in the tournament and Sloan wasn't good enough to win in any event. The coach should stop whining go and work on making Sloane's serve more consistent and maybe try beating Azarenka based on her own merits next time.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #24
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

it wasn't cheating, but it was gamesmanship.

not long ago there was a more or less compareable case at the european football uefa champions league.

within the rules, but gamesmanship...
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #25
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
it wasn't cheating, but it was gamesmanship.

not long ago there was a more or less compareable case at the european football uefa champions league.

within the rules, but gamesmanship...

Despite it was within the rules, UEFA made a decision to punish him for breaking inofficial "Fair play rules" and DQ him for one match in Champions league.... That's how UEFA made a statement that cheating even "within the rules" is revolting and will not be left without punishment

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #26
country flag VIKANADAL01

VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
At the end of the day, she's still in the tournament and Sloan wasn't good enough to win in any event. The coach should stop whining go and work on making Sloane's serve more consistent and maybe try beating Azarenka based on her own merits next time.

This
VIKANADAL01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #27
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Quote:
This!!!
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #28
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future

10 minutes.. so yes!
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #29
country flag chuvack

chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future

Vika used the very broad leeway in the time-out rule to her advatange, she's not the first and won't be the last, unless they change the rule. The people who are bitching about this loudest are the Sharapova fans who were already super jealous of Vika in the first place.
chuvack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #30
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
omg THIS