ESPN-it was like icing a kicker b4 kicking a game winner (on Vika's MTO) - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 04:50 AM   #31
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of
Re: ESPN-it was like icing a kicker b4 kicking a game winner (on Vika's MTO)

From what I recall, pretty much all of Vika's botched MPs were UEs. Vika, even despite her locked rib/trouble breathing, still had at least some control of the point rather than being a sitting duck.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #32
country flag VIKANADAL01

VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all VIKANADAL01 is a name known to all

Those American are all over Sloane and are bashing Azarenka for taking 1MTO which is authorized by the wta rules!
Don't forget that Azarenka trashed your player 6/1 in the first set it's not like she was serving for the match...
SORE LOOSERS! Hope vika wins tomorrow in straights to shut them up!!!!!!
VIKANADAL01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #33
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Only the Americans and her team made a big fuss over this.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #34
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Was Sloane on the verge of beating Azarenka?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattographer View Post
No, but that's not the whole point.
It is the whole point, this outrageous delusion is the only reason why Azarenka gets taken to the woodshed for taking an MTO.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #35
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

this is ridiculous. sloane is good for her age, but she shouldn't have made it past serena. even the biggest fan would have to admit that her draws have been pretty phenomenal at the slams...
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #36
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

Living in the US,one of the most annoying things is how the espn commentators always make mountains out of molehills. If Sloane had come out and said that she thinks it was disrespectful then that would be a different situation but I hate when the media here try to make players mad about something if they're not...
stegall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #37
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute

It was ESPN and their delusional crap as always.....now back into reality with Vika in the final of AO.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #38
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all

Somehow I triple posted posting from my iPad sorry..
stegall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #39
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN, trying desperately to reference a sport they understand.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #40
country flag Third Mall

Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold

Does icing the kicker ever actually work?
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #41
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
ESPN, trying desperately to reference a sport they understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Mall View Post
Rarely, if ever. In fact, I've seen it backfire miserably when the kicker misses the one that doesn't count and makes the next one.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #42
country flag MrPitiful

MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all

I don't this Sloane's momentum honestly... I guess out of the 5 wasted match points, 4 were Azarenka's unforced errors
MrPitiful is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #43
country flag Womp Up The Jamz

Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future

While I dont agree with the MTO, it's not as if Sloane was holding her serve at all that day...
Womp Up The Jamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #44
country flag Womp Up The Jamz

Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future Womp Up The Jamz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
this is ridiculous. sloane is good for her age, but she shouldn't have made it past serena. even the biggest fan would have to admit that her draws have been pretty phenomenal at the slams...
Her draw was 3R: Kvitova 4R: Petrova/Safarova QF: Serena.

That's not a good draw. It just so happens the three formers all fell. That's not having luck of the draw, it's the outcome of one.
Womp Up The Jamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #45
country flag tkutsaar

tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Mall View Post
An interesting question as I detest the practice immensely. What is especially galling is that efficacy of the practice cannot be proved but logic would suggest it has very little value if not zero value. It ignores the fact that since kicking field goals is something a field goal kicker exclusively does- he doesn’t even punt- if he cannot kick them reasonably consistently then he is out of a job. Thus he is under pressure for every field goal he attempts not just the important game winning/tying ones. Surely a delay in kicking a particular field goal will not increase his anxiety sufficiently to cause him to fail where he would otherwise succeed.

What I think is truly contra effective of this practice is how it is nowadays commonly employed. To ice the kicker the timeout will invariably be called just prior to when the play commences. Because the timeout call is so tight the teams actually go through the play and thus the kicker actually kicks what he thinks will be an official attempt. As the timeout call supersedes the play the kick whether successful or not does not count. Now common sense would suggest this can only help the kicker psychologically not hinder him. If the negated kick was successful then his mind is bolstered with the knowledge that he has demonstrated that he can successfully complete the kick. If on the other hand the negated kick was unsuccessful the kicker now is happy that he has a second chance to succeed. So I honestly believe icing the kicker does not succeed and is only annoying by delaying the outcome of the contest unduly.
tkutsaar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote