Calm down everyone! Azarenka had back/rib problems... - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #106
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of
Re: Calm down everyone! Azarenka had back/rib problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carling View Post
In fairness, Vika may have had a legitimate injury. The problem is that's not what VIKA SAID when interviewed post match. Think about it. There was no controversy until after the match when VIKA SAID she took the injury time out due to choking. She said the same thing in multiple interviews. This isn't a matter of opinion. This is FACT and those trying to twist it around are delusional and in denial.
In ONE interview she said that. And listen to the question again. It could be easily misunderstood by someone where English isn't their first language. Also remember Sam Smith works for Channel 7, and Channel 7 have a well known dislike for Azarenka - they refused to show her first few matches.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #107
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyqld View Post
So you're one of those sexist people that agree with Tsonga who said women have hormone issues? Never see people complain about men having to serve after an opponent takes a MTO. And 99% of the people that I've seen complain about Vika's timeout are male.
Maybe if you opened your eyes?

Fact is, this sort of thing has ALWAYS been discussed, and actually more frequently on the ATP. But a Grand Slam SF with the world no. 1 will obviously garner more attention.

A brief google search brought up this article (read fully): http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082003015.html. Am pretty sure Nadal and Djokovic have been called out often for this.

The Nadal-Petzschner 5-set match at Wimbledon 2010 got a lot of press as well. Again an MTO before the opponent's serve.

Last edited by n1_and_uh_noone : Jan 24th, 2013 at 09:34 PM.
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #108
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you're one of those sexist people that agree with Tsonga who said women have hormone issues? Never see people complain about men having to serve after an opponent takes a MTO. And 99% of the people that I've seen complain about Vika's timeout are male.

Are you really silly enough to think that I'm saying that the rule should only apply to women players and not to men? If you are that silly, enjoy.

The world will ask you who you are, and if you don't know, they will tell you.
HippityHop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #109
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1_and_uh_noone View Post
Maybe if you opened your eyes?

Fact is, this sort of thing has ALWAYS been discussed, and actually more frequently on the ATP. But a Grand Slam SF with the world no. 1 will obviously garner more attention.

A brief google search brought up this article (read fully): http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082003015.html. Am pretty sure Nadal and Djokovic have been called out often for this.

The Nadal-Petzschner 5-set match at Wimbledon 2010 got a lot of press as well. Again an MTO before the opponent's serve.
When I say no one, obviously there's some people. Some people complain when a player farts.

But never 10 separate topics on a tennis forum, never headline news (not sport news, but the main news over people being murdered, fires, etc.), never front page of the paper (again not sports pages, but front page)
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #110
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When I say no one, obviously there's some people. Some people complain when a player farts.

But never 10 separate topics on a tennis forum, never headline news (not sport news, but the main news over people being murdered, fires, etc.), never front page of the paper (again not sports pages, but front page)
You read a newspaper that has Vuvu's antics as a frontpage headline? Would love to know which one.

Anyway, that is exaggeration for sure. But certainly better than just sweeping it under the rug. I mean, these athletes are deified when they win, we have photos of them in all their sweaty glory splashed across our papers, sound-bites, ads, back-stories, documentaries of their childhood etc. By the same token, their bad behavior deserves to be brought to light.
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #111
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

IMO she didn't do anything wrong
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 05:23 AM   #112
country flag anthonyqld

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1_and_uh_noone View Post
You read a newspaper that has Vuvu's antics as a frontpage headline? Would love to know which one.
The Courier Mail (Fail)

Yes the paper is an absolute joke and typical of the Murdoch press worldwide, but it's the only paper with a print version available here. And no I don't read it - the paper was at work. I read an online only competitor. But the point is they have never put it as a front page story when it was a male player than took an MTO out towards the end of a set
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 05:38 AM   #113
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Quote:
In ONE interview she said that. And listen to the question again. It could be easily misunderstood by someone where English isn't their first language. Also remember Sam Smith works for Channel 7, and Channel 7 have a well known dislike for Azarenka - they refused to show her first few matches.
Yeah, I really don't know about that, one day they put on a match between two Australians and then another with an Australian, both of which who were playing at the same time as Azarenka. It's nothing ridiculous, of course Channel 7 are going to favour the Australian players, I think they even put Murray on Hisense when goddamn Tomic was playing on RLA.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #114
country flag anthonyqld

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh yeah i guess View Post
Yeah, I really don't know about that, one day they put on a match between two Australians and then another with an Australian, both of which who were playing at the same time as Azarenka. It's nothing ridiculous, of course Channel 7 are going to favour the Australian players, I think they even put Murray on Hisense when goddamn Tomic was playing on RLA.
The tournament didn't put Azarenka on Hinsense. They put Azarenka on RLA. And Channel 7 didn't show the 2nd round Aussie match over Azarenka - they showed the Tsonga match over Azarenka.

And to show how little they care and follow her - remember they claimed they had a "world exclusive" that Azarenka and RedFoo were dating. They didn't know until one of their "experts" interviewed RedFoo and discovered that information. I'm not an Azarenka fan, but any tennis fan would have known that unless you go to a special effort to avoid news about a particular player.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #115
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

I don't think I said Azarenka was put on Hisense though.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote