Calm down everyone! Azarenka had back/rib problems... - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #31
country flag Melly Flew Us

Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future Melly Flew Us has a brilliant future
Re: Calm down everyone! Azarenka had back/rib problems...

lies, all lies.

i don't want to hear that english is her second languauge when she knows enough of it to speak with an american accent and ask about the heat rule unbidden before the umpire said "any questions?".

but it's all good because this shit will soon be forgotten.
either because she won't be the world number one and won't be expected to maintain high standards.
or just because sheep can't remember anything that occured more than one week ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by it-girl View Post
Let's just put it like this, there is Justine Bieber (I just threw up a little) who has little girls screaming all over him and no doubt he has a huge following on facebook. Justine is newer superstar to the music industry who is hyped far beyond his talent.

Then you have Michael Jackson & that name speaks for itself, no hype needed at all.
Melly Flew Us is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #32
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishOak View Post
Toilet breaks between sets only.
Think you have to allow a little more flexibility than this if you want to avoid embarrassing accidents, but they could certainly tighten things up a bit compared to what's allowed now. Saw a BB break at 5-5 in the deciding set in a doubles match a couple of days ago. I mean, couldn't they even wait for the change of ends?
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #33
country flag BillFromRichmond

BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedenergy View Post
who's asking her all these question? she owes an apology???? what dumbasses, she did nothing wrong, she took a medical time out. These journalists are so pathetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
Americans, I assume...
Of course!!
BillFromRichmond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #34
country flag EnglishOak

EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold EnglishOak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
Think you have to allow a little more flexibility than this if you want to avoid embarrassing accidents, but they could certainly tighten things up a bit compared to what's allowed now. Saw a BB break at 5-5 in the deciding set in a doubles match a couple of days ago. I mean, couldn't they even wait for the change of ends?
True. Although maybe it's fairer to take a break at 5 - 5 as neither side is serving for, or to stay in the match.
EnglishOak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #35
country flag bobito
Tennis 'toonist

bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute bobito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
My first reaction to this was that it sounds a bit draconian. But this actually could be worth considering.

Not going to solve the bathroom break problem though, unless you want to run the risk of players soiling themselves on court
They didn't always have "bathroom" breaks but I don't recall reading of any instance of a player wetting themself during a match in those days.

Quote:
Toilet breaks between sets only.
One solution. Another would be to allow bathroom breaks but at the cost of a point penalty. Players would think twice about using them tactically if it meant they'd start the next game at 0-15. Alternatively this:

Medical time outs are a different matter since I wouldn't want to stop a player recieving treatment for a genuine injury. However, there are a couple of changes I'd make. No MTOs for cramp - cramp is not an injury, it's fatigue. Also no MTOs to allow the dressings on an existing injury to be changed - this is a favourite trick of Nadal's. It should be a player's responsibility to ensure that he comes to the match properly equipped, that includes any bandages, tape or strappings. I'd also extend that to no MTOs to dress, strap or tape an injury that the player came into the match with but players simply would keep quiet about such injuries so I doubt you could police that.
bobito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #36
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True. Although maybe it's fairer to take a break at 5 - 5 as neither side is serving for, or to stay in the match.
True, but in this case it was a pretty long break and clearly disrupted the rhythm of the match. The team that stayed on court were immediately broken and lost the set (and match) 5-7. They may well have been broken anyway, but I thought it was pretty bad form.

Maybe the way to go would be to introduce a strictly limited number of sanctioned breaks, and to dock players points for unsanctioned breaks.

For example, you could have a sanctioned bathroom break option at the end of each set, and dock players the next point if they take a break at any other time. For MTOs you could allow players to take MTOs, but only a limited number in any given period. One way to do this would be to have a rule that after an MTO a player forfeits his/her right to any further sanctioned MTOs in the next X number of calendar weeks (that would prevent players from saving them up like they can with challenges). Like unsanctioned bathroom breaks you could dock players a point for unsanctioned MTOs (and restart the clock).
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #37
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

I never liked this policy. I didn't like it when Pierce did it to Dementieva, I didn't like the bathroom break that Maria took against Golovin back at the Sony Ericsson in 2007, and I don't like it now.

These medical time outs are ridiculous for how long they can last and when they can occur.

And then the "open mouth, insert foot" moment of an interview immediately after the match...ugh
The Upstarts: Muguruza, Garcia
The Legends: Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #38
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Too late, unfortunately. People have already made their minds up.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #39
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

How long did she have exactly to get her story straight?
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #40
country flag nfl46

nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future
Oh please! Someone on her team had to have told her that she f-Ed up and people were disgusted with what she said earlier. It was still wrong what she did.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #41
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
You've been crapping on her since she beat Robson.
This is utterly ironic and

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #42
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post

Medical time outs are a different matter since I wouldn't want to stop a player recieving treatment for a genuine injury. However, there are a couple of changes I'd make. No MTOs for cramp - cramp is not an injury, it's fatigue. Also no MTOs to allow the dressings on an existing injury to be changed - this is a favourite trick of Nadal's. It should be a player's responsibility to ensure that he comes to the match properly equipped, that includes any bandages, tape or strappings. I'd also extend that to no MTOs to dress, strap or tape an injury that the player came into the match with but players simply would keep quiet about such injuries so I doubt you could police that.
But you can police some of that (if the tournament doc removes an existing tape before applying a new one, then you can conclude the problem was evidently there all along.

So indeed, take out the invoking of MTOs for all that re-doing and strengthening of preexisting ailments and shove that to where it belongs (activity within the normal rest-period).
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #43
country flag tennisfunfun

tennisfunfun is just really nice tennisfunfun is just really nice tennisfunfun is just really nice tennisfunfun is just really nice tennisfunfun is just really nice tennisfunfun is just really nice tennisfunfun is just really nice tennisfunfun is just really nice tennisfunfun is just really nice tennisfunfun is just really nice tennisfunfun is just really nice

Look back to Jan 2012, in the Sydney final, she had a great first set against LiNa. But when LiNa was in good shape in the second set, Azarenka asked for MTO. And she prevailed in the third set, won the AO afterwards. I just dont believe she was injured but used MTO as a tactic. DESPICABLE
tennisfunfun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #44
country flag 40Love

40Love is a name known to all 40Love is a name known to all 40Love is a name known to all 40Love is a name known to all 40Love is a name known to all 40Love is a name known to all 40Love is a name known to all 40Love is a name known to all 40Love is a name known to all 40Love is a name known to all 40Love is a name known to all

[quote=bobito;23591041]Surely if she was having genuine difficulty breathing then her screaming would have been affected. Yet she was in full on banshee mode during the two games prior to the medical time out.[/QUOTE]

Yes, she was in full banshee mode. That's why its hard to buy the difficulty breathing due to a rib. But...evidently she didn't break any "tennis" rules.
Good luck Li Na!
#1 Fan of Venus Williams.....from the beginning!
Serena
Azarenka, Li Na, Madison Keys, Cibulkova, Caroline
40Love is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #45
country flag nfl46

nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future
http://youtu.be/3NBXfER8HXw

THANK YOU, Maria! That says it all. Smh.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App