Which Junior Wimbledon Champion has more potential: Laura Robson or Ashleigh Barty? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which Junior Wimbledon Champion has more potential?

Laura Robson 40 34.48%
Ashleigh Barty 76 65.52%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 11th, 2011, 05:26 AM   #1
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute
Which Junior Wimbledon Champion has more potential: Laura Robson or Ashleigh Barty?

Who has more potential between these 2 Junior Wimbledon Champions? Laura Robson or Ashleigh Barty?

These 2 Aussie born girls are different from the other recent Junior Grand Slam Champions because they won Wimbledon Girls Title at a very young age, beating older girls along the way. Robson won it when she was just 14, Barty won it when she was just 15.

I think most of us have seen Robson's game. If you have never seen Barty's game, you can get some ideas by watching her 2012 Australian Open Aussie Wildcard Play-off matches where she, still 15, won all her matches by beating all her older and much higher ranked Aussie opponents (including Dellacqua, Arina Rodionova and Rogowska) and snatched the 2012 Australian Open main draw WC.

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr.graphics thread
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 11th, 2011, 05:31 AM   #2
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future
Re: Which Junior Wimbledon Champion has more potential: Laura Robson or Ashleigh Bart

Too early to tell for Barty. She does okay in ITFs and other big junior events with a QF at USO jrs. I think Barty has good game but she's playing against headcase-y Aussies here (bar Casey)...

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 05:33 AM   #3
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which Junior Wimbledon Champion has more potential: Laura Robson or Ashleigh Bart

Both have so much potential, and both are brilliant ball strikers but I'd give it to Ashleigh Barty. She's very smart on court and can actually move and defend well in addition to her potential in playing great all-court tennis as she has so much variety.
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 05:37 AM   #4
country flag Tennisfan26

Tennisfan26 is a name known to all Tennisfan26 is a name known to all Tennisfan26 is a name known to all Tennisfan26 is a name known to all Tennisfan26 is a name known to all Tennisfan26 is a name known to all Tennisfan26 is a name known to all Tennisfan26 is a name known to all Tennisfan26 is a name known to all Tennisfan26 is a name known to all Tennisfan26 is a name known to all

I say Laura has more potential.
But Barty may well have more success
Tennisfan26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 05:51 AM   #5
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Honestly I think Karolina Pliskova has more potential than those two, but that's the ITF Junior we love, because you never know
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 05:54 AM   #6
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Laura has more potential.

Potential doesn't always translate to success
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 06:23 AM   #7
country flag Kooyong

Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of Kooyong has much to be proud of

I will say Ash Barty, My only concern and it is a small one and that is many of Barty ground strokes land mid court.

FITD Ranking 41
FITD Titles 2012 Memphis
Kooyong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 08:43 AM   #8
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Laura would fookin murder her, shes so much bigger
King Halep is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 09:03 AM   #9
country flag KBlade

KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future KBlade has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
Yeah, but she has the footspeed and defensive ability of a rock.
KBlade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 10:11 AM   #10
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Much too early to say. I might have an idea in a couple of years. Maybe.
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #11
country flag So Disrespectful

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute

There are hundreds of girls who can clock the ball hard, we saw a few of them at the playoffs. Ashleigh is 15 and she already has more to her game than some of the top 50.

Casey Dellacqua, Jelena Jankovic, Anna-Lena Groenefeld,
Jelena Dokic, Mirjana Lucic, Paula Ormaechea, Sloane Stephens
Jarmila Gajdosova, Melanie Oudin, Kaia Kanepi, Alison Riske
So Disrespectful is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #12
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But she is so much slower as well

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr.graphics thread
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #13
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

robson by far

Slava Shvedova- Bel Bencic- Alize Lim
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 11:46 PM   #14
country flag Dund

Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice

Barty is a combo of Henin and Hingis. She has that level of skill and craft while also having latent power from a flawless forehand technique. Also seems to have the same kind of mental toughness. Her size is a little bit of an issue, but no more than it was for Hingis and Henin, and she still has time to grow a bit more. What is Robson's potential exactly? Seems like your typical dime a dozen power hitter with bad movement.

Quote:
Probably the same way Serena always murdered Henin.
Dund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 01:39 AM   #15
country flag misty1

misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of

im going with ashleigh
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote