Did Vika just admit she went to injury break, because of Stress? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:54 AM   #31
country flag JCNALI

JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all
Re: Did Vika just admit she went to injury break, because of Stress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2moretogo View Post
She did. When the trainer, doctor, and referee came out she said it was because of her back and then she said it was because of her ribs so she could get treatment off court.
I thought it was her neck, wasn't it the thigh before
I don't know
JCNALI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:55 AM   #32
country flag JanNYC

JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future JanNYC has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMU30 View Post
Definitely lost some respect for Vika today...She openly admitted she took a timeout to breath and focus after a huge choke...I feel bad for Sloane, but the veterans are going to do this and you have to be ready...Serena did it yesterday too and other players do it as well...The Aussie crowd was not pleased at all and Vika is going to get a lot of shit for this...It makes Radwanska's and Sharapova's claims about her faking injuries seem more legitimate...Sucks for Sloane, but with more experience she will learn how to deal with these dirty tricksters...Unsportsmanlike behavior from Vika
Serena got anti inflammatory medication for her back...do not compare real shit to a panic attack...don't be so thirsty
JanNYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:55 AM   #33
country flag cowking

cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future

Usually I say whatever to time-outs, they're part of the game and everyone should deal with it accordingly. But vanishing off court for 10 minutes to get treated for both rib AND knee, before your opponents serve, having missed several matchpoints, and then later saying it was for breathing problems? That's a steaming pile of bullshit.
cowking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:55 AM   #34
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

To her defense, Nadal did the same thing last year in IW.
The journos say he's humble but he can get away with everything and he knows it.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:56 AM   #35
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowking View Post
Usually I say whatever to time-outs, they're part of the game and everyone should deal with it accordingly. But vanishing off court for 10 minutes to get treated for both rib AND knee, before your opponents serve, having missed several matchpoints, and then later saying it was for breathing problems? That's a steaming pile of bullshit.
+1
faboozadoo15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #36
country flag cowking

cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future

Also don't know if I buy the whole panic attack bit...how can a top player, no.1 in the world no less, play top-tier tennis with the threat of panic attacks?? What? They're not usually isolated incidents either...
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #37
country flag duhcity
yaaaas jaja u play soooo good

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

lol I can't. It's a disgrace from Vika 100%, but what a joke from the ESPN crew who have for years jokingly winked when American favorites took curious MTOs, but is ripping into Azarenka because she was playing Sloane.

JeJa; Venus; Pavs; Aga; Vika; Kiki; Alize; Keys

tweetweet
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #38
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Yes, a disgrace really and nobody can defend her here.

Even if it was obvious that's what she was doing she could have had the common courtesy to deny it. I mean first her money and ranking before health and now this. Does she not realise that women's tennis virtually accounts for all female sports and that as it's topped ranked she is highly representative of womens' sport. Get your act together.
I absolutely agree. She shouldn't be using gamesmanship to win matches against teens as World Number 1. Such a disgraceful and classless way to win a match. You can't defend that shit.
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:58 AM   #39
country flag Christinawww

Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future

what a bad on court interview. I think Vika's intentions was to avoid the actual question and make a joke on her own behalf, but ended up damaging her own reputation badly because she is so bad at making these jokes.

Official Defender of Temper Tantrums in Vikaland

Visit http://www.victoriousvika.com for everything on Vika
Christinawww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #40
country flag Soliloque
La nuit je mens

Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute Soliloque has a reputation beyond repute

Panic attack is a medical condition. Next.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:03 AM   #41
country flag Kat_YYZ

Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of Kat_YYZ has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinawww View Post
what a bad on court interview. I think Vika's intentions was to avoid the actual question and make a joke on her own behalf, but ended up damaging her own reputation badly because she is so bad at making these jokes.
yeah, I agree with you. Maybe I'm just horribly sleep deprived from this AO (esp Fed's 5-setter last night) but I watched the same interviews as everyone and I didn't really see her admit this. Just talking about choking/being nervous but not as a direct answer to 'why the MTO'

And I say this as someone who doesn't cheer for Azarenka: I don't hate her, but I don't really care about her either.
Kat_YYZ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:05 AM   #42
country flag 2moretogo

2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCNALI View Post
I thought it was her neck, wasn't it the thigh before
I don't know
Nobody know really. Not even Vika knows.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:05 AM   #43
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowking View Post
Also don't know if I buy the whole panic attack bit...how can a top player, no.1 in the world no less, play top-tier tennis with the threat of panic attacks?? What? They're not usually isolated incidents either...
It seems odd. I don't have an opinion on why she called for the treatment. But as someone who has suffered from panic attacks, it's not always obvious to people around you when you're panicking. You tend to try and hide it, until it's not possible anymore.

Also, panic attacks can feel like there's something dreadfully wrong with your body. People think they're having a heart attack, because the panic causes real physical symptoms (like how healthy people can still get out of breath.) From the perspective of the umpire, I imagine you can't really say "shut up about your chest pains and get on with it", in case the person is actually having a heart attack.

Still no opinion on whether she really had a panic attack, though.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:10 AM   #44
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

I quite like Vika, and am happy for her that she's made the final again, but this looked like a pretty blatant strategic MTO to me. The silly thing is that she didn't need it. No way Sloane was winning this match.

Shape up and show a bit of pride Vika, please?
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:12 AM   #45
country flag cowking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloque View Post
Panic attack is a medical condition. Next.
Yeah, it is. Meaning it usually has a history with the person in question and doesn't spontaneously manifest when you're afraid of choking a match away Real panic attacks are actually serious and can be one of the worst things you experience, doubt anyone could have one and then just carry on playing a match like nothing happened. Then there are "panic attacks", like the ones you see ditzy twitter girls having every day because the hot water ran out in their house or something.