Did Vika just admit she went to injury break, because of Stress? - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #166
country flag Sally Todd

Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Did Vika just admit she went to injury break, because of Stress?

NEWSFLASH: You aren't automatically a loser or a hater of Vika if you think what she did was bad sportsmanship and lame.

You could simply be a fan of tennis who thinks this kind of stuff makes a mockery of the sport. MTO has been abused and stretched beyond the breaking point, it's time for the rules to be both stricter and clearer. Vika's 10-minute venture is roughly on the scale of Mary Pierce doing everything but ordering room service in her Dementieva semi at the USO years ago.

Am I a Mary Pierce hater? No. But what she pulled off in that situation was so shady it was ludicrous.

Most every player has an instance of shadiness or bad behavior on their resume. Some just have a lot more than others. No player is above criticism, and if you don't like hearing it, that's the way it goes.
Sally Todd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 12:14 AM   #167
country flag metamorpha

metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of

Thank you, GOAT.
metamorpha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:12 AM   #168
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
It's been said already that Australians typically detest bad sportsmanship, which is exactly what that was.

I don't even think the booing, if there at all, would be that bad. There will just be more crowd support for Li. Something Azarenka has had to deal with in pretty much every other match anyway.
thats not true as all Aussies love sledging
most are taught that from moment they are born
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:16 AM   #169
country flag Bronx19

Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
thats not true as all Aussies love sledging
most are taught that from moment they are born
What does sledging have to do with Azarenka's piss poor attitude?

You sledge to get a desired result. In this case, we boo her because she is a brat.
Bronx19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:18 AM   #170
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
It's been said already that Australians typically detest bad sportsmanship, which is exactly what that was.
lol. So not true.

Look at the ARL demanding to the RLIF that an Australian referee, referees their matches against other countries (and the RLIF ridiculously accepts that)
Look at NRL teams with their niggles, sledges, tapping the ball out, hoping the ref misses.
The Australian cricket team are regarded as the world's best sledgers.
The Australian netball team are regarded as the best at using the injury timeout
Look at Bernard Tomic with him challenging a ball, stopping play, and the umpire missed it. When his opponent stopped play, Tomic told the umpire he never challenged.
And the many, many more
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:18 AM   #171
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx19 View Post

You sledge to get a desired result. In this case, we boo her because she is a brat.
cos someone said Aussies dont like bad sportsmanship
simply not true
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:19 AM   #172
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx19 View Post
Sledging is poor sportsmanship. You can't beat them playing fair, as they're better than you, so need to sledge.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:36 AM   #173
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

This is turning into some sort of australian cultural discussion, it's detracting from the actual point. At risk of furthering it, sportsmanship is a massive part of the Australian SPORTING if not CULTURAL identity. You can pinpoint examples that suggest otherwise, as you can nitpick with anything. But overall it's something the country has been proud of for as long as I have known. What type of rock have you been living under anthonyqld? (joking).
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 02:28 AM   #174
country flag Bronx19

Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyqld View Post
Sledging is poor sportsmanship. You can't beat them playing fair, as they're better than you, so need to sledge.
You are not Australian.
Bronx19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 03:47 AM   #175
country flag Nalby fan

Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold Nalby fan is a splendid one to behold

To be fair,in my experience,Aussies will sledge the crap out of you on the field,and once you've proved you can take it,they will be the first to buy you a beer in the bar afterwards.

What Vika did is show that she couldn't take the pressure,and that is frowned upon in Australia.
Nalby fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #176
country flag Marcus1979
Team WTAworld

Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute Marcus1979 has a reputation beyond repute
We don't pick on players for nothing. Hingis,Seles and Serena are a few examples of top players who are loved here.

Clijsters also.

We booed Justine for the 2006 Final antics also.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 01:01 AM   #177
country flag anthonyqld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus1979 View Post
We don't pick on players for nothing. Hingis,Seles and Serena are a few examples of top players who are loved here.
Serena in Melbourne and Brisbane yes. But Serena & her father have previously called the Sydney crowd racist
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 01:12 AM   #178
country flag anthonyqld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalby fan View Post
To be fair,in my experience,Aussies will sledge the crap out of you on the field,and once you've proved you can take it,they will be the first to buy you a beer in the bar afterwards.

What Vika did is show that she couldn't take the pressure,and that is frowned upon in Australia.
Sledging is not the same as abuse. Sledging is basically friendly jibes - if your opponent doesn't like you stop doing it - when players don't stop doing it, they're pointed out on various sport panel shows and the sledger is criticised.

2 well known examples-

1. that AFL player who sledged to an opponent "I f***ed your daughter (who was 6)" - the player didn't like that, so smashed him in the face. The sledger stopped sledging that player because he obviously didn't like it.

2. Billy Slater from the Melbourne Storm who told Corey Patterson "Why don't you go to your room and take some pills" - 3 games after Corey returned from 12 months out of the game due to severe depression and had spoken about how one night he was in his room crying with a bottle of pills in his hand, and how close he came to taking them. Corey certainly didn't like the sledge, you could clearly see it on the field. Billy was crucified around the country (except for Melbourne obviously) for his sledge. Groups such as BeyondBlue (which is based in Melbourne) were outraged Slater didn't receive a suspension for a sledge that could kill.

And for crowds to go over a certain level with their sledging there needs to be a reason - such as that soccer player in the A-League that slept with a 13yo girl (and laughably got off because they believed his "I thought she was 16" excuse).

Last edited by anthonyqld : Jan 27th, 2013 at 01:19 AM.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 04:29 AM   #179
country flag Spencer.
New Caro Stan!

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloque View Post
Your version.

Aren't you tired ? Jumping on me because I was rooting for Jovanovski the other day ? I have no problem with american/african american players and I'm not a fan of Sloane but I don't hate her either. I don't know why you're getting obsessed with me.
Don't try to invite her to your swimming pool party. I mean you can't just invite a lesbian to your swimming pool party! There might be girls there. IN THEIR BATHING SUITS!

We'll always have Wimbly 07
Spencer. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 06:54 AM   #180
country flag basset

basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all basset is a name known to all

however. azarenka wasn't popular with the masses before this tourney and she will have even less "fans" now...
basset is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote