Now I usually get sick of all the naysayers.. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #1
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute
Now I usually get sick of all the naysayers..

But anyone else feel this is honestly the worst Grand Slam tournament in years? Between the lack of quality matches, Serena's injury leading to her loss, the whole Azarenka controversy, the fact that the Aussie crowd quite clearly hate her (Has there ever been such a disliked champion by the home crowd), the winner having probably the easiest slam run ever, and now this final where the more talented ballstriker and crowd favourite twists her ankle and smacks her head off the court (not that she needs her head to be messed around more) after being a set up... Its really been awful both in quality terms and for the image of the game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #2
country flag DeucesAreWild

DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of
Re: Now I usually get sick of all the naysayers..

DeucesAreWild is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #3
country flag Cashif
Sports Freak

Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute Cashif has a reputation beyond repute

Cashif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #4
country flag Rome

Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold Rome is a splendid one to behold

Nah it was ok wish Li would have won but Vika played well
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #5
country flag Flavia P.

Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of Flavia P. has much to be proud of

I wouldn't call it the worst, but the problem is the drama surrounding the entire event is what is going to be taken from this AO than the tennis itself, bar Sloane making her name known on the big stage (and even she did in under circumstances that are controversial with Serena's injuries). And that's not what the WTA wants.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #6
country flag razzer

razzer razzer razzer razzer razzer razzer razzer razzer razzer razzer razzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
Serena's injury leading to her loss
excuses.
One Dimensional player Serena Williams (relying on power) reigned during the lowest years of women's tennis when most players are not that competitive and top players are injured. Venus and Serena are overrated.
razzer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #7
country flag taloki

taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of

One of the worst for sure.
taloki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #8
country flag Grigorpova

Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of

It wasn't great but I don't know, everything seemed out of place.
Grigorpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #9
country flag John.
I Was Gonna Cancel!

John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if it was the worst (couple of shit RG's and USO's in recent years), but it did seem a mess. It was a very strange 2 weeks
John. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #10
country flag Welcome1

Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all Welcome1 is a name known to all

No. Stay pressed
Welcome1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #11
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
But anyone else feel this is honestly the worst Grand Slam tournament in years?
Give it to China?

But unlike other bad and boring grand slams, the lack of quality tennis here was compensated by the abundance of incidents and dramatic twists and turns (no pun intended).
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #12
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed this slam alot really. It's not the result I would have liked but frankly, loads of twists and turns and Na's semi-fairy tale ending kept me excited, even with this loss.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #13
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

No.Wimbledon 2010 (just to name one)was way worse
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #14
country flag WonderfulLee

WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future WonderfulLee has a brilliant future

No
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #15
country flag currie84

currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future currie84 has a brilliant future

I've been lurking this board since 2007 and i swear everytime a grand slam finishes someone will open the exactly same thread.
currie84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote