AO SF: Azarenka def. Stephens 6-1, 6-4 - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:41 AM   #91
country flag mckyle.

mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO SF: Azarenka def. Stephens 6-1, 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2moretogo View Post
Vika was within the rules, Sloane needs to be able to capitalize on those cray, cray moments in a match.
It's hard to capitalize on those cray cray moments when you have to wait 10 minutes to play the next point.
mckyle. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:41 AM   #92
country flag Sally Todd

Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav. View Post
Dead silence from the crowd during the interview and as Azarenka leaves
Seriously I don't know how people can stan for Azarenka. She's like the Large Marge of the WTA tour but less lovable.

The inevitable comedown for Sloane. I hate to say it, but Serena was right: Sloane didn't get into the match and find her rhythm until she started making noise.

Sloane's forehand really let her down today. She's still very much a work in progress.

I'm looking forward to Sloane's clay season, if she can survive the blitz of the upcoming US hardcourt stint. Keep your head on straight girl. Clay is where she could serve notice again if she doesn't implode under the glare of attention.

Not surprised to see various fanbases grinding their axes here and talking down to a budding player who has already out-achieved them. Tennisforum's a funny place.
Sally Todd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:41 AM   #93
country flag Bayo

Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute

That was maybe the meekest applause I've ever heard for a reigning champion after a win...
Serena's game is like the limitation of the spirit to it's very basic elements, sleep (or the process of going to sleep), eat, rerun [...] the two first, all and absolutely unnecessary to a person's life just like Serena's game is to tennis are often overpraised for whatever reasons in certain close-minded brain-broken societies.
Bayo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:42 AM   #94
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
How can you condone this? It was simply rude and pathetic... it won't happen in all likelihood but I would love for her to win the final just to cram it down the spectators throat. They deserve it...
I saw yelling at ball boys, her usual groaning and shrieking, throwing her racquet, moaning around the court when she had a comfortable lead, screaming at herself, stare downs with the lines people.

But if that's not enough for you, she admits to cheating at the end of the match.

What is there to applaud?

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #95
country flag Papillon.
?

Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dude, you have the Rodionovas in your signature. Pretty rich from you to attack other players for being supposedly classless or brats. Please... you're making a fool of yourself
When did I attack any player? I was merely presenting a contrary view to yours, which YOU expressed in the form of an attack on the Australian crowd for not gravitating toward success in spite of a player's behaviour like you blatantly have. Please don't get defensive and project your own issues onto me.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:44 AM   #96
country flag Sally Todd

Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckyle. View Post
It's hard to capitalize on those cray cray moments when you have to wait 10 minutes to play the next point.
No kidding. Azarenka reminds me so much of Djokovic, and not in a good way. Mechanical game, flagrant gamesmanship and phony media persona. She might be different off the court, but she has earned that amazing lack of support.
Sally Todd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:44 AM   #97
country flag producer88

producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold

I'm happy everybody is criticizing Vika from Twitter, Facebook, and the media...SHE CHEATED!!
producer88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:44 AM   #98
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

I can sense Vika is trolling in that SF, playing just 40%. She could've double bagelled Sloane by playing more aggressive but she chose to make her as practice partner and rally with her (could help against Na). She almost got her ass bit after trolling too much at the end. Anyways, good luck in final against Na, Vika!
Sloane is no threat to the top players yet. But great event for her.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:46 AM   #99
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keadz View Post
I saw yelling at ball boys, her usual groaning and shrieking, throwing her racquet, moaning around the court when she had a comfortable lead, screaming at herself, stare downs with the lines people.

But if that's not enough for you, she admits to cheating at the end of the match.

What is there to applaud?
She's the defending champion and she just made the final. It's called common courtesy. You don't have to like every player but that doesn't give you the right to be completely classless as a spectator.

And this had nothing to do with the last MTO, they were clearly against her all match, even before the injury.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:46 AM   #100
country flag Papillon.
?

Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
I can sense Vika is trolling in that SF, playing just 40%. She could've double bagelled Sloane by playing more aggressive but she chose to make her as practice partner and rally with her (could help against Na). She almost got her ass bit after trolling too much at the end. Anyways, good luck in final against Na, Vika!
Sloane is no threat to the top players yet. But great event for her.
This match went exactly how you believe it went. Really, it did. I promise.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #101
country flag nfl46

nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future

I've lost all respect for Vika! I see now why she is so disliked! Wtf kind of move was that she pulled at 5-4. That is just plain wrong!
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #102
country flag mdterp01

mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute

The crowd reaction said it all. They knew it was some lame shit!!!

Serena Williams Australian Open Champion (03,05,07,09,10)
French Open Champion (02,13)
Wimbledon Champion (02,03,09,10,12)
US Open Champion (99,02,08,12,13,14)
mdterp01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #103
Morning Morgan

Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She's the defending champion and she just made the final. It's called common courtesy. You don't have to like every player but that doesn't give you the right to be completely classless as a spectator.

And this had nothing to do with the last MTO, they were clearly against her all match, even before the injury.
How were they classless? They didn't boo or heckle or catcall or whistle after the match ended, and there was even a smattering of pathetic polite applause. Last time I checked silent disapproval is the classiest way of disapproving. If this was the French Open she'll have egg on her face literally.

"No, I'm not. But with you, I don't even care."
Morning Morgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:54 AM   #104
country flag Bayo

Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute Bayo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Morgan View Post
a smattering of pathetic polite applause
LOL.
Serena's game is like the limitation of the spirit to it's very basic elements, sleep (or the process of going to sleep), eat, rerun [...] the two first, all and absolutely unnecessary to a person's life just like Serena's game is to tennis are often overpraised for whatever reasons in certain close-minded brain-broken societies.
Bayo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:55 AM   #105
country flag 2moretogo

2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckyle. View Post
Nobody told her that she had to stay seated in her chair the entire time. She could have a) gone to the bathroom b) hit serves and had the ballkids hit to her (ala Vika vs. Hampton) c) she could have asked for an explanation as to wtf was taking so long.

Instead she did the same thing that she did against Robson and Serena and sat in her chair. With Robson it didn't cost her as much as she was leading 4-0, but she went on to lose the next 4 games, barely eeking out the 1st set 7-5. Against Serena, she immediately dropped serve and was a bp away from being in a 2nd set tb.

Given the situation, serving to stay in a match where you've only held once, sitting down was probably the worst option especially since it hadn't been working for her.

Regardless, she knew she was tight and did nothing about it. She's gotta take some ownership and responsibility. AGAIN, this will come with experience. This doesn't negate that what Vika did was shitty, but these girls DO NOT GIVE TWO FUCKS!