AO SF: Azarenka def. Stephens 6-1, 6-4 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #61
country flag PMBH

PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future
Re: AO SF: Azarenka def. Stephens 6-1, 6-4

When's the last time a top player was so universally disliked by spectators as Vika? Seems like everywhere she goes she's being booed...
PMBH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #62
country flag Papillon.
?

Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by taloki View Post
Vika throwing shade at Hampton's MTO only to take a strategic MTO herself.
This, especially since she did such a piss poor job today at the 'injury' histrionics that she didn't even keep up the charade in the on-court interview. If Jamie was acting, give her an award.

Like I said, if the rules allow it, no point in bitching about it happening. But she should keep quiet about other players.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #63
country flag Gilas.

Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute Gilas. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Unless she is so extremely injured.
Duh, when she is extremely injured she can only be beaten mentally
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #64
country flag fluffyelloballz
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold

when Vika was being interviewed it felt like a bad stand up stinking up the stage. No reaction from the crowd at all and just polite applause.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/07/serena...o-save-season/
Serena Williams needs a Great U.S Open Series to Save Season
fluffyelloballz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #65
country flag roguedandelion

roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all roguedandelion is a name known to all

The crowd was silently judging her for her Nadal tactics so hard.
At least the Sloane hype might abate so much.
roguedandelion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #66
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Why does Azarenka have fans? At least the AO crowd seem to understand she is unlikeable.

Great tournament from Sloane. A final would have been a step to far. But she can be happy with her tournament, and hopefully she will back it up in 2013.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #67
country flag #1Davenport

#1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future #1Davenport has a brilliant future
Talk about gamesmanship at the end from Azarenka. Taking a medical time out due to stress?!?! I've lost any of the respect I had for her after that. Poor sportsmanship and totally unfair.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

In Remembrance of:
Mary Pierce
Jennifer Capriati
Monica Seles
#1Davenport is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #68
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe if Sloane would have practiced her serves during Vika's long ass fake "stressed" Med TO, she'd still be playing in the match now??????????

Come on. We know you're young Sloane. But any one would have saw that coming, and knew what to do. Don't you watch matches on TV (or you too busy tweeting and texting)?

Vika claimed she "couldn't breathe" and basically admitted she was choking, so took a Medical TO for her knee and chest/ribs. WTF?

So that was a fake limp and fake pain, so the doctor just sat their until it was convenient for her to call him.
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #69
country flag Papillon.
?

Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute Papillon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyelloballz View Post
when Vika was being interviewed it felt like a bad stand up stinking up the stage. No reaction from the crowd at all and just polite applause.
I think everyone here just wishes she would do this well at another Slam instead. We don't even hate her that much here, she just has absolutely no redeeming qualities or anything to warrant anyone caring about her.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #70
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

a healthy serena would have mauled that vika. i think the heat got to her too.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:34 AM   #71
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keadz View Post
Why does Azarenka have fans? At least the AO crowd seem to understand she is unlikeable.
How can you condone this? It was simply rude and pathetic... it won't happen in all likelihood but I would love for her to win the final just to cram it down the spectators throat. They deserve it...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #72
Morning Morgan

Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, her PR skills is non-existent. One does not simply admit to choking and taking a strategic MTO.

"No, I'm not. But with you, I don't even care."
Morning Morgan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #73
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

nice gamesmanship from the screamer at end of the 2nd set...
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #74
country flag winone23

winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute

Eleven, Jamba Juice, Miami Dolphins, V*Starr Interiors ,World Team Tennis
Veelieve! Venus will rise again 2014!
Taylor Townsend / Madison Keys
NY KNICKS / TEAM MELO
winone23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #75
country flag 2moretogo

2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of

Vika was within the rules, Sloane needs to be able to capitalize on those cray, cray moments in a match. That'll come with experience. If I was Sloane I would want to play Vika TOMORROW!!!

Personally, I am alright with this loss because Sloane didn't take advantage of her opportunities, but I'm not going to bash her. She had a great tournament. She should be looking to build on these experiences.

In the same measure, I don't think the crowd should have to applaud Vika, as long as they aren't booing or heckling her I'm cool. Besides like Vika gives two fucks what these crowds think about her. She there to win.