AO SF: Azarenka def. Stephens 6-1, 6-4 - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #181
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO SF: Azarenka def. Stephens 6-1, 6-4

American media would not have given two single fucks if she were playing Jovanovski and you all know it.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #182
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
American media would not have given two single fucks if she were playing Jovanovski and you all know it.
Thank god she gets the treatment she deserves now

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #183
country flag Balltossovic
Excitement Control Officer of Anapolis

Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute Balltossovic has a reputation beyond repute

I just love how Vika can give two fucks about everything.

Defend your title gurl.

CHECK MY BLOOD PRESSURE

Ana~*~Vika~*~Aga~*~Sveta~*~Andrea~*~Petra
Balltossovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #184
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Vika!

Well done Sloane, you had an amazing run. Onto the next one!
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #185
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papillon. View Post
She didn't cheat. It's within the rules to do what she did. She just shouldn't throw shade at other people (Hampton) for interrupting her rhythm with MTOs when they do, since she's basically the queen of it.
That wasn't meant as shade. She was very friendly towards Hampton at the net. Vika hardly ever takes MTOs unless she basically retires later on in the match.

And since when is taking an MTO for having trouble to breath cheating?
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #186
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Not a good match from either, and I'm not sure about that medical timeout from Vika....still glad she's in the final I guess.

Sloane

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #187
country flag Crater718

Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold

Does the Aussie crowd even cheer on Azarenka's winners?
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #188
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts:

1) Vuvuzenka was within her rights to take that timeout. But really, she should have known better. She's not some catty, mid-ranked journeywoman who is desperate to win her first SF of a 25k in Mali or something. She's the world #1, with plenty of experience at this level. Honestly, if you need a 10 minute break to disrupt the momentum of some rookie who isn't close to your level then you deserve all the shit that you get.

And the crowd are going to be dead silent if she wins on Saturday. She's not even a pantomime villain; crowds just genuinely dislike her, and her generic brand of tennis doesn't do anything to help that.

2) Stephens has a long way to go before she starts contending regularly deep into the second week of slams. She deserves credit for holding it together in the 3rd set against Serena, but gamewise, apart from being super athletic, and having a decent 1st serve and FH, she needs to put in a whole lot of hard work. Really crap BH, non-existant ROS and the inability to play consistently aggressive from the baseline. She was clearly a few levels off the pace for most of the match today.

It's great for the game that she made the SFs, but unless she improves quite a few things in her game, I don't think she'll be making this sort of thing a regular thing.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #189
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Cheaterenka)))) I guess she is the one who will put some broken glass in her opponents' tennis shoes just to win the match )))

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #190
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #191
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

^
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #192
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #193
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Thank you Vika! Sloane's win over an injured opponent was just overhyped, thanks for straights setting her ...which makes Robson's win over a fully fit Clijsters at the USO12, more valid
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #194
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #195
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Cry me a river... Stephens is American no surprise like per usual they're so quick to criticize and cheer their next 'Oudin'. As for GM, filled with frustrated people whom for various reasons and the main probably can't accept the Victoria-era anyways doesn't matter or influence her trends in majors, 3rd consecutive slam SF, 3rd consecutive HC slam F, 4th or 5th consecutive SF any tournaments counfounded [...] for all the predictions that she was going to assuredly flop in 2013 during the off season [...] hope she's 100% for the F and the title will be hers.

I'm seriously though worried about her nerves, I would have believed after 3 HC slam F, the USO experience and the past season these kind(s) of thing(s) would kind of definitively be sorted, yet she almost cracked serving for the match againt Stephens, ugh (!) -- I really pray that she doesn't do a Stephens or a Serena against Li when she serves for the title [...] another F lost in this manner would be really disheartening when she should already deservedly be at 3 slams. Glad she's turning the prediction of being the next Clijsters to reality [...] but would also be glad if she also came to doing the same on clay/grass.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote