Does the cakewalk draw actually affect Sharapova instead of benefiting her? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #1
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute
Does the cakewalk draw actually affect Sharapova instead of benefiting her?

Discuss.

Perhaps she didnt get tested much and when she faced a quality opponent like Na, she's just pale in comparison.
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:20 AM   #2
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does the cakewalk draw actually affect Sharapova instead of benefiting her?

Of course it did. She wasn't tested until today and you could tell she was not prepared..she looked stressed as hell just being one break down in the first.

The cakewalk draw really bit her in the ass this time.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:21 AM   #3
country flag n1_and_uh_noone

n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute n1_and_uh_noone has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I thought she was trying to drop fewer games in the tournament than she lost in her last match (right now it is 9 to 12) . Well done, I guess.
n1_and_uh_noone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:22 AM   #4
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Of course it did. She wasn't tested until today and you could tell she was not prepared..she looked stressed as hell just being one break down in the first.

The cakewalk draw really bit her in the ass this time.
Same thing is going to happen to Vika
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:22 AM   #5
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

lack of match practice is what affected.... With some matches at Brisbane she would have been better ready.

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:23 AM   #6
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Bagelling Doi did nothing for her today. It's important to save energy, but without a tough test in the R3/R4/QF.. it's hard to turn it on in a match like this.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:23 AM   #7
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Same thing is going to happen to Vika
Unlikely, Vika had her shares of scares so far... that's beneficial.

My Tennis Photo Database

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:24 AM   #8
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
lack of match practice is what affected.... With some matches at Brisbane she would have been better ready.
THIs, stupid injury.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:24 AM   #9
country flag ACEof DIAMONDS

ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold

It didn't affect anything. She had an awful day at the office period. She plays like that in any of her previous matches she's winning in 3 sets minimum. Just one of those days. They happen and this was a bad time for it to happen.
ACEof DIAMONDS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:26 AM   #10
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold

I think the soft draw definitely hurt Sharapova she didn't face anyone in the top 10 until Li Na and she folded quite easily. Sharapova was hoping Li Na would choke but credit to her that she didn't! Li Na has always proven to be a tough opponent for Sharapova so I am sure she wasn't surprised it would be a tough fight. So glad Maria Sharapova lost can't stand that bitch.
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:30 AM   #11
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
I think the soft draw definitely hurt Sharapova she didn't face anyone in the top 10 until Li Na and she folded quite easily. Sharapova was hoping Li Na would choke but credit to her that she didn't! Li Na has always proven to be a tough opponent for Sharapova so I am sure she wasn't surprised it would be a tough fight. So glad Maria Sharapova lost can't stand that bitch.

Anyway, first player since whatever to win 2 matches 6-0 6-0, congrats Maria

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:30 AM   #12
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Offcourse it did, playing scrubs and sorry ass Venus cannot help you win a title.

Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:32 AM   #13
country flag LDF

LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute LDF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
This.

I'm not saying she would have won today's match, but I think she would've played the many deuce games a bit better if she'd been able to practice being in those situations more.

Serena WilliamsJelena Jankovic

Hantuchova~Li~Robson~Kuznetsova~Keys
LDF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:33 AM   #14
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Li Na played a match she NEVER plays. No castrating her husband, no bitching at her box, no loss of control. That as Li Na 'A'-game. Sharapova picked a bad day for 'B' level tennis, but her 'B'-game has always been enough against Li in the past.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:46 AM   #15
country flag sorceress

sorceress has much to be proud of sorceress has much to be proud of sorceress has much to be proud of sorceress has much to be proud of sorceress has much to be proud of sorceress has much to be proud of sorceress has much to be proud of sorceress has much to be proud of sorceress has much to be proud of sorceress has much to be proud of sorceress has much to be proud of

Yeah I think she just underestimated Li Na, so I suppose the easy matches were a contributor...but I think Na was just too good today.