Li Na def Maria Sharapova 6-2 6-2 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #61
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 AO SF: [6] Sere Na Li Destroys [2] PEAK Maria Sharapova 62 62

First of all, huge congrats to Li. Without a doubt the most complete match I've ever seen her play. Best of luck in the final

Extremely disappointing from Maria. It was pretty clear after about two games that hitting hard into Li's forehand wasn't going to work, but she did absolutely nothing about it. Abysmal break point conversion, 6 double faults, and didn't win a single close game. I don't know if it's the lack of match prep that finally came back to bite her in the ass or what, but she got so frustrated after she didn't hold for 3-4* and never recovered. Really disappointing after starting the tournament so well.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #62
country flag ACEof DIAMONDS

ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold ACEof DIAMONDS is a splendid one to behold
Re: Li Na def Maria Jokeapova 6-2 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by carling View Post
Like I posted yesterday, Maria hadn't played anybody and Li Na has indeed shocked the world!

BRING ON THE GIFS!
A former GS champ beating a former GS champ is not shocking the world. Lets not act like David beat Goliath here.
ACEof DIAMONDS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #63
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie R U OK? View Post
Yasssssssss!!!!

YASSSS!!!!

Venus Williams • Urszula Radwanska • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbiñe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Agnieszka Radwanska • Kristina Mladenovic • Taylor Townsend • Ajla Tomljanovic • Caroline Wozniacki • Carla Suárez Navarro
TT Singles Current Ranking: #4 (CH Ranking: #4)
Titles: Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #32 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles: Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
Inger67 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #64
country flag saarsngg

saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of saarsngg has much to be proud of

Na

Titles
PAW: Paris '13, Carlsbad '13, Seoul '13, Osaka '13 & Nurnberg '14
TT Doubles: ITF Perth '13 (w/Chilenaitor), ITF Nules '13 (w/tildeloltilde)
saarsngg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #65
country flag The Bookie

The Bookie has much to be proud of The Bookie has much to be proud of The Bookie has much to be proud of The Bookie has much to be proud of The Bookie has much to be proud of The Bookie has much to be proud of The Bookie has much to be proud of The Bookie has much to be proud of The Bookie has much to be proud of The Bookie has much to be proud of The Bookie has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Maria is taking this thing guys - she was the best player starting from the first round and nothing has changed so far regarding players' forms. I still strongly believe that plexicushion is built for Maria's game - slow, high bouncing gritty surface, just the way she likes it. She's good on clay , yes, but blue aussie stuff still brings the best tennis out of her

Women's tennis has been saved
The Bookie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #66
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Jokeapova indeed. Much closer than the scoreline suggests. Never seen Maria so unclutch, never seen Li so clutch. Beautiful performance from her, very well done.
Seriously? Have you never seen Sharpie vs Serena? Today, same difference... Commiserations though.

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #67
country flag 2moretogo

2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of 2moretogo has much to be proud of

Another thing, Sharapova and that up the tee serve, is a weakling, and Na exposed that shit for all its worth.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #68
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Karma for spreading Type 2 Diabetes to small children.

#NaForTheCalendarSlam
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #69
country flag hankqq

hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute

Na is back!!!! Awesome result So this AO won't be sweet for Sugarpova after all Na played such a complete match. Smart and consistent serving with a safer forehand = less errors! I can't stand Rodriguez, but I'm thrilled he hooked up with Li as this pairing is quite fruitful. A calm and steady Na could be quite scary for the rest of the tour

Sharapova was awful. She looked very sluggish and I think that some of that had to do with the weather. Although she was raised in Florida, she has never been a fan of hot weather (remember her match years ago here against Pin?). She had poor serving, horrible movement and errors everywhere. Some of that was frustration due to how consistent Na was though.
hankqq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #70
country flag DemWilliamsGulls

DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute DemWilliamsGulls has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry but i just didnt see this incredible form everybody was talking about earlier this tournament...
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #71
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Can we change the title please =/

Really happy for NaNa. Almost an impossibly high standard in the first set. Came down a little bit in the second, but still played some clutch tennis Really great serving in important moments.

I hope she hasn't used up all of her SuperNa points for the final.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #72
country flag danbo

danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future

most desperate jinx attempt ever.

/
danbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #73
country flag djwebby

djwebby is a name known to all djwebby is a name known to all djwebby is a name known to all djwebby is a name known to all djwebby is a name known to all djwebby is a name known to all djwebby is a name known to all djwebby is a name known to all djwebby is a name known to all djwebby is a name known to all djwebby is a name known to all

Congrats Li Na.

We are ready for
18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 and 25
djwebby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:20 AM   #74
country flag Markobojo

Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all Markobojo is a name known to all

Congradulations to Li. Radwanska was 13-0 in 2013. Sharapova lost 9 games on AO. Li def. them without dropping a set. Great!
Markobojo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:20 AM   #75
country flag cherseles

cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold cherseles is a splendid one to behold

Na, you are the best!!!!!!
cherseles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote