"WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:51 AM   #106
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

The Sloane/Vika match is an example of what Tsonga was referring to yesterday. A panic attack/choke resulting a 10 minute delay in the semis of a major? Only in the WTA.

It is what it is. Can't wait to see what happens in the Vika/Li Na final.
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:52 AM   #107
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quick, someone ask Tsonga for the lottery numbers
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #108
fredbdx

fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute fredbdx has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

It's seems that WTA lovers are also "Drama Queens"

There's no reason to make that buzz concerning Tsonga's interview...There's no question about that guy who's one of the most humble and cheerfull on the tour...having great fun with everybody on the tour...and great relationships with both men and women tennis pro...

As many said, Jo's speaking a pretty poor English and it's sometimes hard for him to find the right words to express his opinions....and I'm sure that the journalists are happy to be able to catch some controversial situation...

However...even if I'm a huge fan of women tennis...much more that men...we've to admit that girls, in general, are more emotional that guys on the key points and strategic moments...some are less than others..Serena, with the maturity, is one of the toughest mentally...

Today's SF between Vika and Sloane illustrated that point!!
Vika's explained that her medical time out was due to the fact that she was overwhelmed..
fredbdx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #109
country flag Emiel Goelen

Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute Emiel Goelen has a reputation beyond repute

Li Na's answers to some questions about Tsonga's remarks are hilarious, as usual

Q. Yesterday Jo Wilfried Tsonga was asked why top seeded women's players lose more than the top seeded men. He said because of hormones, because women are more emotionally unstable.
LI NA: And then?

Q. Do you have any thoughts on that?
LI NA: I mean, but for all of the world, why should the man marry for the women? It's, how you say, different thinking. Women's tour is women's tour; men's tour is totally different. So nothing prepare for that.

Q. You don't think hormones have anything to do with it; you think it's more about tennis?
LI NA: Sorry about that. Now I'm only interesting about tennis. Maybe when I retire I'm thinking about the hormones one day.

The marriage part
Emiel Goelen is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #110
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

OK, I have no clue what she is trying to say, lol. But I can imagine the big smile she probably had on her face, so it's making me laugh.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:10 AM   #111
country flag Sally Todd

Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Cherry. View Post
Quick, someone ask Tsonga for the lottery numbers
Tsongadamus
Sally Todd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #112
country flag mdterp01

mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute mdterp01 has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm and what did Tsonga say that wasn't true?

Serena Williams Australian Open Champion (03,05,07,09,10)
French Open Champion (02,13)
Wimbledon Champion (02,03,09,10,12)
US Open Champion (99,02,08,12,13)
mdterp01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:01 AM   #113
country flag Tennisation

Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiel Goelen View Post
Li Na's answers to some questions about Tsonga's remarks are hilarious, as usual

Q. Yesterday Jo Wilfried Tsonga was asked why top seeded women's players lose more than the top seeded men. He said because of hormones, because women are more emotionally unstable.
LI NA: And then?

Q. Do you have any thoughts on that?
LI NA: I mean, but for all of the world, why should the man marry for the women? It's, how you say, different thinking. Women's tour is women's tour; men's tour is totally different. So nothing prepare for that.

Q. You don't think hormones have anything to do with it; you think it's more about tennis?
LI NA: Sorry about that. Now I'm only interesting about tennis. Maybe when I retire I'm thinking about the hormones one day.

The marriage part
There could a language barrier. Maybe Na thought the reporter was talking about whore-moans.
Tennisation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:02 AM   #114
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

clownga has absolutely right
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #115
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbdx View Post
It's seems that WTA lovers are also "Drama Queens"
Yeah, if they aren't drama queens themselves, at least they are drama queen lovers. Not surprising that Fernando Alonso, the biggest male drama queen in any sport, gets more support in TF's F1 thread than at MTF where almost everybody hates him.
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:07 AM   #116
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Glad Tsonga is vindicated in such an epic manner.

And it only took one day
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:19 AM   #117
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Wtf He is right about one thing : hormones and emotions affect more women. That's logical.

But men are affected as well, it is not a bad thing and I don't like the "mental unstable" thing. that's why it sounded sexist.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #118
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

I think if you take Tsonga's words together with Na's response you have a pretty good summary of how things are.

Both are non-native speakers so you have to cut them some slack concerning their precise choice of words, but basically women's tennis and men's tennis are two different things, and the different ways they handle their emotions is part of that. And that's a good thing. Vive la différence!
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #119
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

says the guy who is talking to himself from start to finish for entire matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
But, I mean, it's just about hormones and all this stuff. We don't have all these bad things, so we are physically in a good shape every time, and you are not. That's it.
that's pretty dumb, even for an athlete.

so if he's always in good shape and emotionally stable, why does he never reach a slam final. the whole statement doesn't make any sense at all.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #120
country flag bjurra

bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
It's true, and it's why we watch the WTA.
Amen to that.
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote