"WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:21 PM   #16
country flag GAGAlady

GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

It's true. He's right, woman have hormonal issues and yes it does affect everything they do, in life including that in tennis. Men don't have that issue they don't have to deal with this imbalance of hormones and emotional issues which arise from this irritation. Every woman has this problem and it's not an advantage for sure but it is what it it women are made that way what can they do? Yes they do there best but I'm sure when ur of ur period and you feel like shit and u wanna vomit or kill your team because u feel like ur heads gonna explode its not fun and it doesn't help the tennis. Men don't have that that's a fact. So yes, he's correct 100 percent. People who say otherwise are deluding themselves.

Head Bitch of the JANKOBITCH ASSOCIATION of players.
GAGAlady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:21 PM   #17
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
What a dick.
He's not. Tsonga is a sweetheart and a gentleman. He didn't mean it in a nasty way.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:22 PM   #18
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
Truth. Whether you like it or not. Women players are much more mentally unstable than the males, especially the top players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGAlady View Post
It's true. He's right, woman have hormonal issues and yes it does affect everything they do, in life including that in tennis. Men don't have that issue they don't have to deal with this imbalance of hormones and emotional issues which arise from this irritation. Every woman has this problem and it's not an advantage for sure but it is what it it women are made that way what can they do? Yes they do there best but I'm sure when ur of ur period and you feel like shit and u wanna vomit or kill your team because u feel like ur heads gonna explode its not fun and it doesn't help the tennis. Men don't have that that's a fact. So yes, he's correct 100 percent. People who say otherwise are deluding themselves.

Just repeating this shit doesn't make it so. Sorry. How is Maria unstable emotionally? And by the way, what does mentally "unstable" mean anyway? This is just a nasty sexist dig against women.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:22 PM   #19
country flag Third Mall

Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold

Do we really need to kick off at every single comment that is remotely critical of women's tennis? I would hope TF wasn't that insecure.

People have their opinions and are entitled to them. Move on.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:23 PM   #20
country flag Oyster

Oyster has much to be proud of Oyster has much to be proud of Oyster has much to be proud of Oyster has much to be proud of Oyster has much to be proud of Oyster has much to be proud of Oyster has much to be proud of Oyster has much to be proud of Oyster has much to be proud of Oyster has much to be proud of Oyster has much to be proud of

Stupid comment about being "unstable emotionally."

But I think he might have a point when it comes to "hormones" (AKA PMS). It's gotta be difficult to compete on your period. And if you get that like once a month and a Grand Slam lasts half a month, there's about a 50% chance you'll get it at some point during a Grand Slam.

(I mean I know some female athletes don't get it at all because their body fat is so low. But Serena, Bartoli and Kvitova would get it for sure then).
Oyster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:23 PM   #21
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Rich, coming from that unstable clown.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:28 PM   #22
country flag jj74

jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute

It's true that wta players (not all) are more unstable emotionally, but it's true that the men's top 4 reach almost always the semifinals because the other players are weaker mentally.
A lot of players have enough game to eliminate one of the top 4 from time to time, but in a tight match there's always the lower seeded player the one who crack under the pressure
jj74 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:35 PM   #23
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Almagro is an emotionally unstable woman?

Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:35 PM   #24
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Mentally unstable? Please, so Federer crying at AO final was an epithome of stability? Stupid comment by Tsonga, he himself has shown today how mentally stable he is when he lost a tight match to Federer.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:37 PM   #25
country flag tennisrules

tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
Almagro is an emotionally unstable woman?
Add Wawrinka to that too.
tennisrules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:37 PM   #26
country flag Samsuin

Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisrules View Post
Add Wawrinka to that too.
Leave Wawrinka alone. :'(
Samsuin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:44 PM   #27
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga
So he is basically saying women are unstable emotionally. The anthem of sexism really.

I love that he is both unattractive in the inside and the outside.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:44 PM   #28
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
It's true, and it's why we watch the WTA.
This.

Although certain men tennis players are also emotionally unstable, even more than some WTA players, so Tsonga should know not to generalize

-"Still On The Road"
tennis-insomniac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:46 PM   #29
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

So now losing a tight match means you're emotionally unstable? You all are aware that only one person can win right? As it happens it's usually the more experienced one who can pull through when all other things are even, in men's, women's, whichever.

(Anyone playing Sharapova)
Alejandrawrrr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:52 PM   #30
country flag tennisrules

tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Enfant Sauvage View Post
So now losing a tight match means you're emotionally unstable? You all are aware that only one person can win right? As it happens it's usually the more experienced one who can pull through when all other things are even, in men's, women's, whichever.
I was joking with the Wawrinka mention because Tsonga (to me at least) is implying/saying that the reason women can't pull out tough matches and/or break through is because they are emotionally unstable. Using his logic, anyone who loses a tight match is unstable emotionally - including himself who just lost a five setter to Federer.

Others' opinions may disagree.
tennisrules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote