"WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:44 AM   #151
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Of course there are some mentally stronger female players. But on average, men are mentally stronger than women. It's just nature's way. Male's task in nature is to get food for family and defend them, female's task is to look after the childs. Mental strength is what males have needed over the past milleniums, for women mental sensitivity was more important. And no matter how equal the society is, it will take just as long to get those differences ironed out as it took for those differences to form. But being mentally sensitive can have one good thing in tennis. Being emotion-driven, failing can make you want to take a MTO in tennis, but if you're on a roll, nothing beats you.

Still, maybe it wasn't so smart from Jo to say that, nowadays that leads immediately to a negative reaction.
Oh, thank god we have a cultural anthropologist among us to settle the issue.
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 03:37 AM   #152
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by égalité View Post
Oh, thank god we have a cultural anthropologist among us to settle the issue.
This isn't cultural anthropology, the society doesn't make men mentally stronger. This is more about biology. In the nature, males' tasks have always required mental strength and natural selection took away them who didn't have it. That's why males developed to be mentally stronger than females. Obviously today's society doesn't require more mental toughness from men than women, but that thing still exist in our genes.
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 03:39 AM   #153
country flag melodynelson

melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future melodynelson has a brilliant future

Ainda o saltava para cima.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena Dementieva
At the press conference I was asked a really good question - they asked if I thought Martina Hingis helped me to win this tournament last year by beating Maria Sharapova in the semifinals. I said "Don't you think so?"
melodynelson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 04:36 AM   #154
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This isn't cultural anthropology, the society doesn't make men mentally stronger. This is more about biology. In the nature, males' tasks have always required mental strength and natural selection took away them who didn't have it. That's why males developed to be mentally stronger than females. Obviously today's society doesn't require more mental toughness from men than women, but that thing still exist in our genes.
This is kind of on the right track, but I wouldn't use the term mentally strong to describe this, and I wouldn't say that it was mainly to do with males' tasks.

In fact there is a pretty strong consensus amongst evolutionary biologists that the main driver of gender differences is not survival of the fittest but rather sexual selection, i.e. competition for mates. As a result, men tend to be more competitive than women, and a lot of their behaviour (including them being the hunters in primitive societies, while women did the less glamorous work of gathering nuts, berries, etc.) can be accounted for by this.

All in all women are at least as strong mentally as men (after all, they have to bear the brunt of childbirth, and historically at least most of the caring duties for the children), they are just not as well adapted to perform well in competitive situations.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #155
country flag Bronx19

Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of

Nothing but flames from those trying to defend women in here. He dances therefore his opinion isnt valid? Fuck.
Bronx19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #156
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
This is kind of on the right track, but I wouldn't use the term mentally strong to describe this, and I wouldn't say that it was mainly to do with males' tasks.

In fact there is a pretty strong consensus amongst evolutionary biologists that the main driver of gender differences is not survival of the fittest but rather sexual selection, i.e. competition for mates. As a result, men tend to be more competitive than women, and a lot of their behaviour (including them being the hunters in primitive societies, while women did the less glamorous work of gathering nuts, berries, etc.) can be accounted for by this.

All in all women are at least as strong mentally as men (after all, they have to bear the brunt of childbirth, and historically at least most of the caring duties for the children),
they are just not as well adapted to perform well in competitive situations.

Thank you

BTW on the ATP/WTA issue : If Murray wins on Sunday, he will hold two Slams and the gold medal.... and will be still #3, 980points ~ behind Federer. I thought only WTA had weird rankings?
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #157
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you actually have any reputed academic sources to back up what you're saying. For example in women "mental sensitivity was more important". According to whom, other than yourself exactly? As far as I'm aware there is no scientific evidence whatsoever linking "mentally strong genes" to men more than women. That's just sexism at its most culturally penetrating.

Up until recorded civilisation, say 5-6 thousand years ago*, I don't think mental sensitivity would have been very useful, in natural selection terms, for women so much as a very intense mental strength needed to survive in often harsh, brutal and highly competitive conditions. Stromalite has already made the point I was going to make better than I would have:
Quote:
All in all I find Tsonga's comments very ignorant. Even cavemen may have appreciated the mental resilience of their partners more than he does.

*Even after the "dawn of civilisation" the mentally sensitive homemaker is just a social archetype male dominated society has created for the seen but not heard female in order to perpetuate the patriarchy on which most early cities, subsequently kingdoms etc. were founded. I would think it requires much resilience and mental strength on the part of women throughout history to survive the endless rapings, painful childbirths etc. they would have been subjected to.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 01:36 PM   #158
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post

All in all women are at least as strong mentally as men (after all, they have to bear the brunt of childbirth, and historically at least most of the caring duties for the children), they are just not as well adapted to perform well in competitive situations.
The best post so far.
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #159
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

It astounds me some people still think like that in 2013...
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #160
country flag Bronx19

Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of

I cant believe someone just said the ATP rankings are messed up because Federer is ranked higher than Murray.

Some sick puppies in here.
Bronx19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 01:33 AM   #161
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute

as much as I like Jo,he has got to be one of the most unstable players on tour at the moment

Sui have a seat kid

Last edited by timafi : Jan 26th, 2013 at 01:38 AM.
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:32 AM   #162
country flag bjurra

bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
Whether Tsonga is right or wrong, it's a common belief.

Talk to some WTA players. I have heard stories of bookies following them to the drugstore during tournaments to see if they buy tampons/pads, to try and work out what their cycle is.

It's crazy.
Lol, who told you that?
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:33 AM   #163
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

And how many majors has Tsonga won again?
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:49 AM   #164
country flag August

August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future August has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
None because of the high level of ATP.
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 11:51 AM   #165
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
What has majors to do with this?

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote