"WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #136
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx19 View Post
You make no sense. Tomic/Fed match was top class and Raonic had no chance.

These guys arent playing a PMSing woman, they're playing the greatest of all time.
Oh please, Tomic was only good for one set and the match was NID. But with the way people were hyping those matches one would've expected a battle royale, not a typical Federer beating.

And your last line just proves my point. Thank you for your revealing your misogyny.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #137
country flag LadyB

LadyB is a splendid one to behold LadyB is a splendid one to behold LadyB is a splendid one to behold LadyB is a splendid one to behold LadyB is a splendid one to behold LadyB is a splendid one to behold LadyB is a splendid one to behold LadyB is a splendid one to behold LadyB is a splendid one to behold LadyB is a splendid one to behold LadyB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBaker View Post
What he actually said...

He was not being disrespectful and he is right. And since he said 'we don't have all these bad things', he considers himself lucky. Which can also be true. But nothing beats all those lovely hormones <3 Men could neva..
He's right in saying that women get their period every month.
He's wrong in thinking that is why there is no top 4 in the women's game.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #138
country flag Bronx19

Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyB View Post
He's right in saying that women get their period every month.
He's wrong in thinking that is why there is no top 4 in the women's game.
There is a top 4 in EVERY ranking, but that is not what is referred to when discussing it. The ATP has 4 players who are competing at the same level.

WTA = Serena >>>>>> Azarenka/Sharapova >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rest.

There is no contest in WTA, there is no point even playing the first 4 rounds.
Bronx19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #139
country flag August

August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of

Are you even sure Jo meant periods with "all these bad things"? First of all, on average, women are mentally more sensitive than men, I'm sure everybody has empirical evidence on that. And I first interpreted that he meant female hormones are the reason to that. And just being unstable emotionally causes you aren't ohysically in your best shape. On the other hand, men don't have those hormones, those bad things.

At least I first interpreted that this way.
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #140
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is a top 4 in EVERY ranking, but that is not what is referred to when discussing it. The ATP has 4 players who are competing at the same level.

There's no contest in the ATP, there's no point even playing the first 5 rounds.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #141
country flag Wimbledon9

Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of

According to a female journalist of the Daily Mail Tsonga should have a chat with the following 5 players: Venus and Serena Williams,Steffi Graf, Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova together the proud winners of 80 grandslam single tournaments.
How many did you win mister Tsonga?
Wimbledon9 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #142
country flag August

August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of August has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimbledon9 View Post
According to a female journalist of the Daily Mail Tsonga should have a chat with the following 5 players: Venus and Serena Williams,Steffi Graf, Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova together the proud winners of 80 grandslam single tournaments.
Of course there are some mentally stronger female players. But on average, men are mentally stronger than women. It's just nature's way. Male's task in nature is to get food for family and defend them, female's task is to look after the childs. Mental strength is what males have needed over the past milleniums, for women mental sensitivity was more important. And no matter how equal the society is, it will take just as long to get those differences ironed out as it took for those differences to form. But being mentally sensitive can have one good thing in tennis. Being emotion-driven, failing can make you want to take a MTO in tennis, but if you're on a roll, nothing beats you.

Still, maybe it wasn't so smart from Jo to say that, nowadays that leads immediately to a negative reaction.
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #143
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Of course there are some mentally stronger female players. But on average, men are mentally stronger than women. It's just nature's way. Male's task in nature is to get food for family and defend them, female's task is to look after the childs. Mental strength is what males have needed over the past milleniums, for women mental sensitivity was more important. And no matter how equal the society is, it will take just as long to get those differences ironed out as it took for those differences to form. But being mentally sensitive can have one good thing in tennis. Being emotion-driven, failing can make you want to take a MTO in tennis, but if you're on a roll, nothing beats you.

Still, maybe it wasn't so smart from Jo to say that, nowadays that leads immediately to a negative reaction.

debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #144
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
there is no contest? oh, i guess that's why the player you put first is out of this tournament, as well as one of the two players you put second? i see ... actually, that bit you wrote about not playing the first 4 rounds applies perfectly to ATP.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #145
country flag Bronx19

Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of Bronx19 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
There's no contest in the ATP, there's no point even playing the first 5 rounds.
What are you on? THE BIG 4.

WTA has the big 1.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 01:42 AM   #146
country flag Bronx19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat View Post
there is no contest? oh, i guess that's why the player you put first is out of this tournament, as well as one of the two players you put second? i see ... actually, that bit you wrote about not playing the first 4 rounds applies perfectly to ATP.
Serena had a busted ankle FFS.

Is this some kind of female logic?
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 01:52 AM   #147
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of

Whether Tsonga is right or wrong, it's a common belief.

Talk to some WTA players. I have heard stories of bookies following them to the drugstore during tournaments to see if they buy tampons/pads, to try and work out what their cycle is.

It's crazy.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:05 AM   #148
country flag blackandblue

blackandblue is a splendid one to behold blackandblue is a splendid one to behold blackandblue is a splendid one to behold blackandblue is a splendid one to behold blackandblue is a splendid one to behold blackandblue is a splendid one to behold blackandblue is a splendid one to behold blackandblue is a splendid one to behold blackandblue is a splendid one to behold blackandblue is a splendid one to behold blackandblue is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Tsonga is a better tennis player than all of those players.
blackandblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:09 AM   #149
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I never understand TF logic that always goes 'well your opinion isn't valid because you have less grand slams than x person'.

Margret Court has the most slams of anyone and she spouts utter tosh about gay people and marriage, but I guess by TF logic her opinion is the greatest of them all.

Tsonga said what he thinks, he has a point. Whether you agree with his point or not he is both entitled to it and it isn't automatically wrong just because he hasn't won a slam.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 02:17 AM   #150
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
I never understand TF logic that always goes 'well your opinion isn't valid because you have less grand slams than x person'.

Margret Court has the most slams of anyone and she spouts utter tosh about gay people and marriage, but I guess by TF logic her opinion is the greatest of them all.

Tsonga said what he thinks, he has a point. Whether you agree with his point or not he is both entitled to it and it isn't automatically wrong just because he hasn't won a slam.
I cant speak for everyone else but the reason I find it irritating is because Tsonga is pretty emotional himself so it kinda makes him look like a hypocrite.

If he were mentally tough as nails like Nadal or Federer then id be much more inclinded to listen or respect his opinion.

As long as he continues to parade around like a teenage girl after his victories then ill continue to roll my eyes at his comments about women.
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote