Two weeks in France and two weeks in Doha/Dubai - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #91
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Two weeks in France?

Serena tomorrow. woo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #92
country flag Six Feet Under
Singleniacki

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute

Would be delighted if she could snatch a win here, maybe it this match can spark something
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #93
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Serena withdrew citing back problems. I was really looking forward to this match.

I guess she knew that Marion was in such good form and would have easily destroyed her.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #94
country flag misty1

misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of

wel..its good and much needed points so im not going to sit here and say im disappointed because im not

hopefully now she can take out caroline
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #95
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future
Re: Two weeks in France and two weeks in Doha/Dubai

It seems that Marion misses her dad, especially specific fitness drills. On the other side, she's pleased with Nicolas Perrote. She's calling everyday in order to find solutions. Hope she can repeat Cincinnatti match vs Caroline.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #96
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Eh. As Misty said. Wont complain. Wozniacki will tough because of the h2h though.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 07:43 PM   #97
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Caroline was particularly troubled by one shot :
""Usually girls have a first serve and a second serve, but Marion doesn't have a second serve, she has two first serves. Both serves are at least 150 or 160Ks. So you just need to be on your toes. She steps in, she's in the court on your serves, as well - you feel the pressure. But you just need to be ready and know it's going to be coming fast at you."

Pova said the same in NYC.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 08:05 PM   #98

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

I guess she wants to be like her idol Sampras. Obviously he's not a bad person to emulate, but it helps when you're confident and winning matches. I wish that when she has game point, on a second serve, she would just put the ball in play. Win some important matches, feel confident, then she can go for broke on those serves with more belief that it's going to work.

In Paris against Barthel, you could tell before some second serves that she didn't believe it would go in. Surely that is the time to play safer. I really think she would have won this match today, with just some of those serves being good.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 08:17 PM   #99
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartoli's Boy View Post
I guess she wants to be like her idol Sampras. Obviously he's not a bad person to emulate, but it helps when you're confident and winning matches. I wish that when she has game point, on a second serve, she would just put the ball in play. Win some important matches, feel confident, then she can go for broke on those serves with more belief that it's going to work.

In Paris against Barthel, you could tell before some second serves that she didn't believe it would go in. Surely that is the time to play safer. I really think she would have won this match today, with just some of those serves being good.
And the Barthel match too, and maybe even her Australian Open 3rd round match (remember she got that back on serve, only to serve two double faults in the last game).

It's so frustrating how much of a liability her second serve is; this is the worst it's ever been, and she really needed this win to finally get 2013 off to a start :sigh:

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 01:44 PM   #100
country flag Lighter

Marion is coming back today in Switzerland. Before to fly away to Monterrey. She's on entry list.

She will travel with Xavier Moreau as fitness coach. And will be coached in IW and Miami by Momo : https://twitter.com/MattBarbarin/sta...58950811443200.
But she's decided to find a new coach as explained HERE : "Then Indeed 2 find someone else,cause a year isn't only made by a GS, IW&Miami. It's a lot of tournaments & I need someone every week".

In l'équipe, she explains that she's happy with the way she played, especially during 3rd set except serve.

Caroline about Marion : "I work very hard, but Marion practices 3 hours before her matches. You can't be fitter than that."
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 11:46 PM   #101

Wow, that's exciting news about Mauresmo I hope the partnership works.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #102
country flag Lighter

http://www.10sballs.com/2013/02/22/m...tm_source=t.co

At the age of 28 and with her with solitary appearance in a Grand Slam final now almost six years distant, Marion Bartoli has announced a major makeover for her career in a last bid for glory.

As reported last month, the Frenchwoman who currently stands at no.11 on the WTA world rankings but has previously gone as high as no.7, has ended a career-long coaching relationship with her father Walter and now plans to work with former Australian Open and Wimbledon champion Amelie Mauresmo.

However Bartoli has also finally decided to integrate into the French Federation de Tennis system and is determined to get in the best shape of her life. She has appointed a new physical trainer in Xavier Moreau who worked with Mauresmo during her best years.

“When you look at the players right now, if you’re not physically extremely strong, how you can be able to beat them?” asked Bartoli. “It’s impossible. You have to be so fit to be able to run for three hours. Then the next day be on the court and do it again and again and again.

“So if you want to be inside of the top ten, if you want to have the trophies and achieve something, the first thing is to get really fit. For some players it’s easier because they are naturally physically stronger than me because they have their parents who have been champions or whatever. I don’t have that; I know it. It has been always my weakness.”

After losing to Caroline Wozniacki in the Dubai Duty Free Championships, Bartoli will return home to Geneva in Switzerland, which is also the base of Mauresmo and Moreau

“Amelie’s going to be probably my main coach,” she confirmed. “For some tournaments; the big ones, at least. Then of course I need to find someone else, because a year is not only made by the Grand Slam tournaments along with Indian Wells and Miami. It’s a lot of tournaments every week, and I need someone with me all the time.

“But for now the most important thing for me is to improve physically. I feel on the tennis court I know what I have to do, and I know myself extremely well. So it’s not like I really need someone at 28 years old taking me by the hand and telling me what to do. I know how to hit forehands and backhands.

“Xavier was the physical trainer of Amelie, and he took her to no. 1 in the world and to Grand Slams. I can see already the improvement just by working a little bit every day just before the matches.”

But Bartoli was at pains to stress her new regime has the complete backing of her father who previously was at odds with the French system. She still telephones her father every day but no longer will he be the dominant force in her tennis career.

“It’s been a long process,” she said. “I have been talking a lot with my dad about it, of course. I love him too much to really just say: ‘That’s it. It’s over.’

“As an athlete, you have to think about your career when you’re 28 years old and you’re kind of towards the end of your career. Either you just let it slip away, finish the way it is and you’re happy with what you have already done. Or you want more, and I’m the kind of person that always wants more.

“So I felt it was the time to do it, and my dad encouraged me to do so. So it’s not like it’s a split and we are in fight or whatever. We are really on the same page.”