Australian Open Prediction Reset: Who will WIN? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win now?

Vika 25 21.93%
Masha 58 50.88%
Na 22 19.30%
Sloane 9 7.89%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:36 AM   #16
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian Open Prediction Reset: Who will WIN?

Li Na or Azarenka.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:37 AM   #17
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

There is zero doubt in my mind that it will be Sharapova, this is another of those runs where the star aligned for her. At least she can finally say a) she won 2 slams within the same 12 month period, and b) she won 1 slam more than once(AO), fitting, as it has been her best slam.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:48 AM   #18
kiriosh.

kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future

Stephens or Sharapova.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:09 AM   #19
country flag Golan
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute Golan has a reputation beyond repute

Serena it was just a dream
Golan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:16 AM   #20
country flag olivero

olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute

Maria has to be #1 favourite now. Which could lead her to mental breakdown. I think Li has a shot at this title.
Li def. Azarenka in the final
olivero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:21 AM   #21

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivero View Post
Maria has to be #1 favourite now. Which could lead her to mental breakdown. I think Li has a shot at this title.
Li def. Azarenka in the final
I don't think so. Serena and Vika(her only competition) lost in the first week of RG and she played didn't drop a set from then on to secure the win.

She will have no trouble disposing of Li, and if she plays as well as she's been playing I doubt Vika will be able to dismiss her in the final.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:23 AM   #22
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Enfant Sauvage View Post
I don't think so. Serena and Vika(her only competition) lost in the first week of RG and she played didn't drop a set from then on to secure the win.

She will have no trouble disposing of Li, and if she plays as well as she's been playing I doubt Vika will be able to dismiss her in the final.
Maria hasn't beaten Vika on HC outdoor in such a long time though

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:25 AM   #23
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka, if not she, Li.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:28 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
Maria hasn't beaten Vika on HC outdoor in such a long time though
Eh... The way she's been playing reminds me of YEC where she took revenge on everyone before losing to Serena. At any rate it's just a personal hunch, I always go with my gut, and my gut says Sharapova will take Vika out in straights in the final The one she might lose a set to is Li, if they have one of their classic shitfest matches a la Rome, but Sharapova will still win that too.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:30 AM   #25
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Eh... The way she's been playing reminds me of YEC where she took revenge on everyone before losing to Serena. At any rate it's just a personal hunch, I always go with my gut, and my gut says Sharapova will take Vika out in straights in the final The one she might lose a set to is Li, if they have one of their classic shitfest matches a la Rome, but Sharapova will still win that too.
I hope you're right! I'm cheering for one of the girls of the first SF to win the title!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:32 AM   #26
country flag Potapovushina
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
I think Sharapova. Hoping for NaNa.
Me too.
Potapovushina is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:37 AM   #27
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is zero doubt in my mind that it will be Sharapova, this is another of those runs where the star aligned for her. At least she can finally say a) she won 2 slams within the same 12 month period, and b) she won 1 slam more than once(AO), fitting, as it has been her best slam.
I have that gut feeling too. Maria's looking zoned and shark like, plus as you say there's something in the stars about it.

But who would have thought?! I've said it before: I love doubles but I think it has cost Serena dearly playing both.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:39 AM   #28
country flag John.
On a Timebomb!

John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute John. has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova. Hope Na can take it though
John. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:41 AM   #29
country flag JCNALI

JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all

The winner of Maria/Na
JCNALI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:52 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula View Post
I have that gut feeling too. Maria's looking zoned and shark like, plus as you say there's something in the stars about it.

But who would have thought?! I've said it before: I love doubles but I think it has cost Serena dearly playing both.
Could be true, but I think some people in other threads are going a little OTT saying she shouldn't play doubles anymore. Doubles has historically helped her more than hurt her. Many times(at least IMO) there have been instances where she struggles to get past lower ranked players in the first week of a slam, but the extra match practice in doubles allows her to peak in terms of sharpness/focus against the best players during the second week.