Is Sloane Stephens the new star USA have been waiting for? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is Sloane Stephens the new star USA have been waiting for?

Yes 30 62.50%
No 18 37.50%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:31 AM   #31
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Sloane Stephens the new star USA have been waiting for?

I thought Clarissa Fernandez was going to be a star globally.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:37 AM   #32
country flag WebTennis24

WebTennis24 is an unknown quantity at this point

When I saw Sloane playing for the first time I could not help noticing the cleanliness of her shots and how quick she moved. I am hoping she will be the next American tennis star.
I am watching Madison Keys as well. I think American tennis players have reasons to get excited for future!
WebTennis24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:04 AM   #33
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

She is very likeable (and much more than Serena ever has been). But I'm not sure yet if she is Grand Slam winning material.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:18 AM   #34
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
No she is a potential star tennis has been waiting for. Lot of promise coming through in terms of game and personality for the WTA and to be politically incorrect "from the correct places". If Robson and Stpehens were from the Czech Republic and Belarus the journalists wouldn´t be nearly as excited.
This. We shouldn't be too hasty. Remember Lucic and Dokic 1999? There's often big upsets and today is just another one.

But I can understand why American tennis is excited, Britain would be too if one of our players were in the semis.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:25 AM   #35
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly

Hopefully the big foursome can take pressure off of one another
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:00 PM   #36
country flag Viennalover

Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of

I'm quite surprised everyone's excited about Sloane cause sometimes even Vika's criticized been too defensive
but I see Sloane also a bit defensive.... She needed injured Serena's UE to beat her...
Is that a playstyle that we were waiting for??

She even didn't smac Serena's 130km serve right after the back injury....
Viennalover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:09 PM   #37
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

She has a foundation...although for as big a forehand she has, she can stand to be more aggressive. She's good. I'm keeping an eye on Keys too..she might be even better.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:17 PM   #38
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
Third option "Too early to tell" would have been useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
There is always an option of not voting
And that's a substitute for the missing option how exactly?

Too early to tell is the only realistic answer to this question.
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:22 PM   #39
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

She could be the next Alexandra Stevenson, we'll never know after the next few years
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:22 PM   #40
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the USA has never heard of Sloane.

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:30 PM   #41
country flag Rockjack

Rockjack is a name known to all Rockjack is a name known to all Rockjack is a name known to all Rockjack is a name known to all Rockjack is a name known to all Rockjack is a name known to all Rockjack is a name known to all Rockjack is a name known to all Rockjack is a name known to all Rockjack is a name known to all Rockjack is a name known to all

USA have got it good at the moment

Sloane will progress, Keys will be imminent soon. Hampton will fly up the ranks if she keeps the Azarenka/ Auckland form.

Also Townsend and Crawford look promising and hopefully McHale gets back to alst years form.
Rockjack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:58 PM   #42
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucemferre View Post
I wonder how long it will take for her charm and personality to be called arrogance.
If she's the real deal it won't be long. Count on it.

"Oh it's Tommy this and Tommy that and chuck him out, the brute.
But it's savior of his country when the guns begin to shoot."
Rudyard Kipling
HippityHop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 01:30 PM   #43
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

This question because Williams' injury handed her a QF win? Who knows Stephens may or may not be .we'll see. She does have a lot of fans though. The high level of crowd support for her last night surprised me.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 01:32 PM   #44
country flag Samsuin

Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
This question because Williams' injury handed her a QF win? Who knows Stephens may or may not be .we'll see. She does have a lot of fans though. The high level of crowd support for her last night surprised me.
Simply because she was the underdog.
Samsuin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote