Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Reply

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:35 PM   #46
country flag TennisPhan
Senior Member
 
TennisPhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,363
TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkutsaar View Post
First of all I’m not a Serena hater and I certainly acknowledge her status as one of the greats of all time in women’s tennis. Your argument in essence is that if Serena was playing as well as she was capable of she would win is simply a useless assertion. It is seldom when a player, although playing poorly still wins a match. Serena is that great a player that given her caliber of play in this match she would have prevailed against a vast majority of players on tour but obviously Sloane was not one of them.

That is why I say Sloane is full value for her win. Or to put it another way, if Sloane was playing poorly, then she sure as hell would not have won the match.
I agree with what you said, but this guy/girl is trying to make serena look bad. I hope sloan wins against aza tomorrow.
TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:18 PM   #47
country flag TennisPhan
Senior Member
 
TennisPhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,363
TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

“I don't think my level was high. I don't know how many unforced errors I ended up hitting, but for sure more in one set than I probably did in the whole tournament.

“So I think her level was high. But as for my end, I mean, you can tell. You each can say this is definitely not my best match in months.”

For the record, Williams struck 48 unforced errors to her opponent’s 39. Considering Williams hadn’t hit more than 25 in any of her previous matches in Melbourne, then statistically this was easily her worst performance.
TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:21 PM   #48
country flag Alexmonteiro
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 40
Alexmonteiro is just really nice Alexmonteiro is just really nice Alexmonteiro is just really nice Alexmonteiro is just really nice Alexmonteiro is just really nice Alexmonteiro is just really nice Alexmonteiro is just really nice Alexmonteiro is just really nice Alexmonteiro is just really nice Alexmonteiro is just really nice Alexmonteiro is just really nice
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Great Sloane! I love it!
Alexmonteiro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:23 PM   #49
country flag GOATdin0931
Senior Member
 
GOATdin0931's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,438
GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

She get be mentally unstable a la Oudin in Carlsbad

But this win will definitely help with some of these mental lapses
GOATdin0931 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:36 PM   #50
country flag Foxy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,379
Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisPhan View Post
where in my post have i hated on sloane you imbecile? I am happy sloane exists and that shes playing well! i think sloane, li, kerber and azarenka are the only ones who can really fight back against serena's bombs, but you obviously did not watch the match. if you did then you're just biased. serena did NOT PLAY HER NORMAL LEVEL. yes she hit some great shots, but she made 30+ UE's and not because sloane was forcing her. She missed so many easy balls which are normally winners.

with your post you're trying to convince us that serena isnt as great as everyone says she is. she had a bad day lol. now go watch some more pics of sharapova in her bikini

You are delusional dear. I agree, that Serena didn't play her normal level and that's because Sloane could match her in power, athleticism, and court coverage. She mad 30+ UFEs because of court positioning. What you fail to accept is that Sloane did not let Serena stand on the baseline and hit winner after winner in the middle of the court. Don't take my word, just go and rewatch the tape and see how she forced Serena off of the baseline and therefore, she couldn't control and dictate all of the points.

And no, she didn't miss easy balls which were normally winners. You got it wrong. Sloane returned and retrieved so many balls that would have been winners against anybody else. And you don't have to take my word for this, just read Serena's comment about Sloane getting back so many balls

You all are use to Serena walking onto the court and her opponents being already defeated in their minds. You are use to Serena acing left and right and when she doesn't ace, you are use to the one-two punch and the point is over and the game is over in less than an hour with the score 6-1, 6-0; or 6-1, 6-2.

Well yesterday that wasn't the case. And you are stunned because you don't want to accept the fact that Sloane was retuning Serena's serves to the corners and not allowing her to hit the winner from the middle of the courts. You don't want to accept that fact that when Serena was hitting her ground strokes hard and had Sloane in the back of the court that Sloane was able to retrieve the balls and return them hard and deep and hit winners.

Forget what anybody on this board is saying, and just go back and watch the tape and watch how Sloane was retrieving her balls and how she was redirecting the balls and hitting winners. Go see how Sloane was able to absorb Serena's power and match her groundstroke for groundstroke and not tire out. You don't have to believe me or anybody else, just watch the tape. Sloane ran Serena so much that she had her on the back of her heels.

Go and see how Serena broke back in the second set, and how she served well in the third set and took the early lead. But Sloane began to run Serena even more and she forced her to lose her serve. Go back and see how when Sloane would run Serena and win the point how Serena's next serves would go into the net.

This is one of the dangers when an opponent just waltz through all of their first matches with scores like 6-0, 6-1. You all think that they are playing so great and is so untouchable, but you fail to realize that things can change on a dime. Sloane settled in the match and she decided to play Serena and beat her because she and the entire world knows that Serena did not give her the match. You could see when Serena would win a point or the game she'd pump her fist and twirl her head and scream come on and grit her teeth. And the commentators would say, she really wants to win and will will herself to win and take over the match. Well Sloane said, not today and she continued to run her side to side and Serena was hitting those returns on the run into the net.

And they went into the net because she was being pressured from the great hustle and retrieving of Sloane. You can deny it all you want, but the bottom line is that Sloane won and Serena has to move on to the next tournament. So I suggest you accept the fact that Serena lost and move on because your denying that Sloane forced a lot of those errors is not gonna change the fact that Serena lost.

Those retrievals, slow slice balls that would dip to her feet and those drop shots caused the Serena Spasm because she didn't use those muscles that much during the tournament because she was allowed to stand on the baseline and hit ace after ace, and hit the out wide serve and if the opponent got the racquet on it they would hit it right in the center of the court where she was standing inside the baseline to hit the cross court winner.

Well Sloane didnt return in the middle of the court she returned far in the corner of the court to Serena's backhand and by the time Serena got her hand on the ball, Sloane had QUICKLY ran back in the middle of the court close to the net to hit the short ball or the drop shot. That girl is young, she has YOUTH ON HER SIDE AND SHE COULD RUN THE DISTANCE and not tire out. Serena was huffing and puffing because of Sloane. The truth is just what it is.

Go re-watch the tape.
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #51
country flag MB.
Senior Member
 
MB.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Orange, California
Posts: 5,139
MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roookie View Post
Absolutely...and you have to take into account that she was playing for a SF spot on a Gran Slam for the first time in her career and playing her idol/mentor. She really deserves credit because Serena despite not being 100% did not give her the match she fought for it.
Why do people keep saying this? Serena is not and was not her mentor, EVER.
__________________
I cheer on scrubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jankimfan View Post
JJ just cannot put any volleys in the court this year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Worker View Post
She's doubles specialist, not volleys specialist.
MB. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 12:48 AM   #52
country flag Matt01
Senior Member
 
Matt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 14,211
Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisPhan View Post
lol she was not outplayed. serena beat herself again. she just played horrible and sloane played fantastic. all praise to sloane. few can outhit serena when shes hitting bombs, but she wouldn't have won if serena played at least on her 'normal level'. just check her 1st serve % and unforced errors. against kirilenko it was 87%, vs sloane 59%. you really believe sloane would have broken her 6 times if serena served at her normal level? fucking wind... keep hating loser

I'd say that 59% is more normal than 87%...or do you think that Serena regularly gets 87% of 1st serve in, you loser?
__________________
Azarenka - Pennetta - Hantuchova - Ivanovic - Wozniacki - Stephens - Petrova - Stosur - Petkovic
Matt01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios