Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Reply

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:21 PM   #31
country flag Nicolás89
Senior Member
 
Nicolás89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,728
Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Quote:
Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match
What is this mess?!
__________________
LEGEND. Caro. Aga. Sloane. Taylor.
Nicolás89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:21 PM   #32
country flag pov
Senior Member
 
pov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 13,356
pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
Wow, I think Sloane played well but I think people need to dial down the expectations a bit.
You know? It's hilarious really. I can only guess that there are many who are gung-ho for reasons other than tennis (e.g. nationality, ethnicity).
__________________
“Nonviolence means avoiding not only physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him.” – MLK
pov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 05:48 PM   #33
country flag sweetpeas
Senior Member
 
sweetpeas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,898
sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute sweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Right on!
sweetpeas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:45 PM   #34
country flag theFutureisNow
Senior Member
 
theFutureisNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,012
theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post

Serena was clearly able to serve in the third set.. The problem for her was that Sloane began to step back further and she began to get a read on Serena's serve and she began to retrieve those balls deep and to the sides of the court. She kept Serena on the run because she wasn't returning in "the middle of the court" like Serena likes it.

Sloane took control of the points by running Serena side to side; by retrieving all of Serena's HARD GROUND STROKES, and by "drawing Serena to net and then coming in herself and beating Serena at net. I carefully watched what sloane did.

She ran Serena enough to make Serena's serve go off because her entire game is built around her serve. In the third set Serena started hitting her hard serves again, but the problem was that Sloane had gotten a read on them and she was returning the deep and in the corners and even when Serena was hitting some hard ground strokes, Sloane not only absorbed those ground strokes, but she was hitting winner after winner on the run.

Serena began to hit winners and both players was hitting some great shots, but it Sloans ability to get to basically all of Serena's shots and return them deep with the winners, and most of all she brought Serena in with deep slow shots with a lot of spin on those balls and that caused her problems.

I stated something pretty similar a couple years ago. It is pretty obvious that the best way to beat Serena is to get her to move any way you can.

I think you are more correct in your assessment of the match than most people. People are overrating the extent of Serena's injury and underrating how well Sloane played.
__________________
}{KVITOVA}{GOERGES}{SHARAPOVA}{ STOSUR}{LISICKI }{
theFutureisNow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 07:45 PM   #35
country flag Foxy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,379
Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Quote:
Originally Posted by theFutureisNow View Post
I stated something pretty similar a couple years ago. It is pretty obvious that the best way to beat Serena is to get her to move any way you can.

I think you are more correct in your assessment of the match than most people. People are overrating the extent of Serena's injury and underrating how well Sloane played.
Hi theFutureisNow,

I thought it was a good game and Sloane really held it together and she didn't let Serena's usual court drama rattle her. I have to admit that in the second set when Serena got up a break right after she had come back from injury, I thought Sloane was not gonna be able to mentally hold it together, but she did.

Sloane is still learning how to play the top players; she's learning how to use all of her arsenal and the right shot selection; the more she plays the more she'll learn the games of the top players; and she'll gain confidence as she wins more matches against the top players. I remember when both Venus and Serena came on the scene, they had to learn how to harness their power, and choose the right shots, and get use to the top players games. That took time but we saw their talent like we saw Sloanes.

Unlike Justine's coach Carlos Rodriguez, most coaches haven't figured out Serena's game. Carlos use to always say that Serena had major flaws that could be easily exploited. He never believed that Justine would win all of her matches against Serena because of her physical statue. But he would always make Justine stand back far enough to return her serves, but return them with a deep slice that stayed low and if Serena returned them they would go into net. Justine kept Serena on the run a lot just like Sloane, but most of all she was masterful and bringing Serena in at net because her net game was weak.

Sloane caused that back spasm by forcing her to come to net to retrieve a low slice ball. Sloane didn't play Serena's game, she played hers and it really rattled Serena and once she started making Serena run and exert energy, Serena began sweating a lot and huffing and puffing in between points, and that through her serve off. Serena began dumping a lot of first serves into net. Whereas, in the first set Sloane wasn't running Serena. Both Serena and Sloane was winning their games off of their serve. Serena was allowed to hit aces all in the first set, and Sloane won her first 3 games at love 40 or 15-40, but her fourth game she made error in her first serves and Serena took advantage of the second serve.

But Serena was not forced to run in the first set and she was allowed to stand on the baseline and just hit aces. But the end of the second set and the third set, Sloane settled into the match and she began to get comfortable and started running Serena and Serena was not able to hit any ace anymore because running from side-to-side tired Serena and she kept hitting the first serves into the net, and the ones that she was hitting at 118-119 mph Sloane was getting back and it startled Serena. MJF kept saying that Sloane was reading her serve and getting it back deep and absorbing Serena power because she could match.

Sloane is young girl and she could have run all day with Serena because that's what Youth will do. It wasn't like Sloane would run her a little then let her stand on the baseline and hit ace after ace. Sloane ran Serena almost during every point, and I thought about something Oracene use to say about Serena when they first came on the courts is that Serena hated to run side-to-side for a long time because her lateral movement wasn't that good if she had to do it consistently. And that was evident last night with Sloane, and she rattled Serena.

Serena has won 16 grand slams, and she was screaming and having a temper tantrum like she was the rookie. When the score was tied 1 set all and each had won one game in the third set, Serena broke her racquet and smashed it and started screaming like she had lost. And I liked that Sloane did not let that affect her this time and she won.

Does that mean that she'll always beat Serena? No, but it means that she is aware that she has the weapons to beat Serena if she can stay calm and execute her game and learn the right shot selection against Serena and walk onto the courts and "take the match". Sloane will began to develop that "killer" instinct once she believes that she belongs at the top with the other girls, and once she makes up her mind to take what she wants because no one will give it to her.

Serena didn't give Sloane the win last night, Sloane took the win. And that's what she was suppose to do. I've seen Serena beat a plenty of players who was injured and she showed no mercy when she played them and she didn't feel bad either. Venus has lost a plenty of matches being injured and no one felt sorry for her or looked back, nor apologized.

Like I said Serena was NOT injured. She had a back spasm and that's not an injury. And if Serena chose to play both singles and doubles, then it was proof that her ankle was not bothering her. I've seen Serena pull out of doubles if she felt it would hinder her singles game, and this time she chose to play. And Sloane kept her cool and took the match, and I hope she goes out there and beat Vika because she's the only American standing and since I'm an American, I'm rooting for Sloane to win her first GS.
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 07:51 PM   #36
country flag Third Mall
Senior Member
 
Third Mall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 345
Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Quote:
Originally Posted by theFutureisNow View Post
I stated something pretty similar a couple years ago. It is pretty obvious that the best way to beat Serena is to get her to move any way you can.

I think you are more correct in your assessment of the match than most people. People are overrating the extent of Serena's injury and underrating how well Sloane played.
Serena's serve was ineffective because of the injury, not Sloane. I'm not a Serena fan but it was clearly her injury that was the biggest cause of the result, not Sloane's level of play which was only good at best.
Third Mall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:01 PM   #37
country flag TennisPhan
Senior Member
 
TennisPhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,341
TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkutsaar View Post
That Serena was injured is a convenient excuse for Serena fans to explain away the rare loss. As I understood it, the injury was simply back spasms that was controlled by pain killers. Admittedly the pain killers took some time to take effect. From my viewpoint and confirmed by the announcers the pain killers would have fully numbed the pain at the very latest by the start of the fifth game in the third set. Professional athletes play through pain like this all the time; it is an occupational hazard.

There is no denying by the 6th game of the third set if not before Serena was playing at her normal skill level. And she did break Sloane’s serve at the seventh game to go ahead 4-3. Recalling the next three games all won by Sloane and hence the match, I cannot remember Serena losing any point that you can suggest was due to the injury. She was simply outplayed.

There is no asterisk to this match. Sloane was full value for this upset win.
lol she was not outplayed. serena beat herself again. she just played horrible and sloane played fantastic. all praise to sloane. few can outhit serena when shes hitting bombs, but she wouldn't have won if serena played at least on her 'normal level'. just check her 1st serve % and unforced errors. against kirilenko it was 87%, vs sloane 59%. you really believe sloane would have broken her 6 times if serena served at her normal level? fucking wind... keep hating loser
TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:02 PM   #38
country flag Foxy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,379
Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Mall View Post
Serena's serve was ineffective because of the injury, not Sloane. I'm not a Serena fan but it was clearly her injury that was the biggest cause of the result, not Sloane's level of play which was only good at best.
No, you have to be fair. Serena's served picked up in the third set. She was belting them in at 115-119mph. And if her serve was ineffective she had the opportunity to quit. We saw Venus have an ineffective serve when she suffered that bad abdominal injury and she lost and nobody made excuses for her because she chose to play.

Sloane's play was good and she matched Serena's power shot to shot. Go back and look at that girls winners. Sloane had more winners when Serena was winning. She had more winners than Serena in the first set.

And it doesn't matter what our analysis is of the match, one thing we can agree on is that Sloane won. She did what she needed to do to win. And if Serena felt that she was injured she could have ended the match. But because she chose to play she felt that she could win because we have all seen Serena be injured and limping and still win the match.

Well it didn't happen last night, and Serena has nothing to be ashamed about because she won the first set; she had a back spasm in the second set and she came back and broke Sloane and took the lead; and in the third set SErena broke Sloane and took the lead. Sloane just began to run her and she won the game.

But Serena was in the lead in the first, second, and third sets and that shows she wasn't serving too bad to be able to take the lead despite having a back spasm. Just look at Serena in the press room, you could see even when she got up that she got up with ease and she also walked off the court with ease and she picked up that heavy bag with all those tennis racquets in it. I've seen players who had real back injuries have to have one of the ball kids carry their tennis racquet bag off of the courts after a loss. Serena lifted that bag over her shoulder with ease and walked off of the courts waving. A bad back won't allow you to do that.



Last edited by Foxy : Jan 23rd, 2013 at 08:07 PM.
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:11 PM   #39
country flag TennisPhan
Senior Member
 
TennisPhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,341
TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
No, you have to be fair. Serena's served picked up in the third set. She was belting them in at 115-119mph. And if her serve was ineffective she had the opportunity to quit. We saw Venus have an ineffective serve when she suffered that bad abdominal injury and she lost and nobody made excuses for her because she chose to play.

Sloane's play was good and she matched Serena's power shot to shot. Go back and look at that girls winners. Sloane had more winners when Serena was winning. She had more winners than Serena in the first set.

And it doesn't matter what our analysis is of the match, one thing we can agree on is that Sloane won. She did what she needed to do to win. And if Serena felt that she was injured she could have ended the match. But because she chose to play she felt that she could win because we have all seen Serena be injured and limping and still win the match.

Well it didn't happen last night, and Serena has nothing to be ashamed about because she won the first set; she had a back spasm in the second set and she came back and broke Sloane and took the lead; and in the third set SErena broke Sloane and took the lead. Sloane just began to run her and she won the game.

But Serena was in the lead in the first, second, and third sets and that shows she wasn't serving too bad to be able to take the lead despite having a back spasm. Just look at Serena in the press room, you could see even when she got up that she got up with ease and she also walked off the court with ease and she picked up that heavy bag with all those tennis racquets in it. I've seen players who had real back injuries have to have one of the ball kids carry their tennis racquet bag off of the courts after a loss. Serena lifted that bag over her shoulder with ease and walked off of the courts waving. A bad back won't allow you to do that.


your story was ok until "ut Serena was in the lead in the first, second, and third sets and that shows she wasn't serving too bad to be able to take the lead despite having a back spasm." She was serving horribly compared to her previous matches. I think it was the wind. From the start of the match she was hitting 3 serves out and 1 in. That is not serena normal level. Sloane had more aces? LOL. but if you claim it is then you can be nothing else but a hater. Gl hating some more

sloane did a really good job. nobody can reurn serena bombs like she did, but she did not beat 'normal serena level' (forget serena A Game). that's all im saying. gj for sloane, hope she wins the title. on the other hand would like to see sharapova win against azarenka
TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:32 PM   #40
country flag Foxy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,379
Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute Foxy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisPhan View Post
your story was ok until "ut Serena was in the lead in the first, second, and third sets and that shows she wasn't serving too bad to be able to take the lead despite having a back spasm." She was serving horribly compared to her previous matches. I think it was the wind. From the start of the match she was hitting 3 serves out and 1 in. That is not serena normal level. Sloane had more aces? LOL. but if you claim it is then you can be nothing else but a hater. Gl hating some more

sloane did a really good job. nobody can reurn serena bombs like she did, but she did not beat 'normal serena level' (forget serena A Game). that's all im saying. gj for sloane, hope she wins the title. on the other hand would like to see sharapova win against azarenka
Well she wasn't playing her previous match. She was playing in the quarters, and there is no guarantee the wind factors will be the same during each round. Serena has played and won the AO five times, if anybody ought to know the wind and how it blows it's Serena.

I've seen Serena win when her serve was off because her all around court game was superior to her opponents. Well this time her all around court game wasn't superior to Sloanes because Sloane could match her power, speed, and athleticism, and Sloane can serve in the 119mph range herself.

And I'm not a hater, I just called it like it was. You all bought into the Serena hype from the commentators that she was gonna win this title. That's what everybody predicted. Well just because they predict that she was gonna win didn't mean she was gonna win.

You little rat a-zz Serena fan, you just have to accept that she is not going to win the AO just like the Venus fans had to accept that she was not going to win the AO when she lost to Maria.

You act like Serena was the only one serving through out the match. Sloane was getting some good serves in on Serena and Serena was hitting winners off of Sloanes serve too, but the difference was the ground game and the net game.

And you don't have to take my word it or my analysis, that's all you gotta do is go back and watch the match and be honest and what how Sloane not only ran Serena side to side, but look at how Serena pulled ahead in the second and third sets. Sloan was serving for the second set and Serena broke her and held serve, and she held serve to pull even at 5 all. Serena was also the first one to break early in the third set, so you can't say that she lost because of her serve.

And if she did lose because of her serve, then she had better work on her all around game and quit only relying on her serve to win her these matches because it might be times when she can't always serve like the previous games and she will have to win the matches without always serving well.

So you quit HATING ON SLOANE because Serena lost. Get over it and move on.
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:46 PM   #41
country flag jj74
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 19,907
jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
Oh well, it took Sharapova and Henin to beat an injured Serena in 3 sets too. '04 YEC final and '07 Wimbledon QF, she's TOUGH to beat even when she's injured.
Not good examples, because Maria and specially Henin beated healthy Serena several times. In fact Henin has several two sets victories against her.

But yes, Sloane deserves credit, because in fact most wta players, including some top players would have choked for sure
jj74 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:56 PM   #42
country flag TennisPhan
Senior Member
 
TennisPhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,341
TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future TennisPhan has a brilliant future
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Well she wasn't playing her previous match. She was playing in the quarters, and there is no guarantee the wind factors will be the same during each round. Serena has played and won the AO five times, if anybody ought to know the wind and how it blows it's Serena.

I've seen Serena win when her serve was off because her all around court game was superior to her opponents. Well this time her all around court game wasn't superior to Sloanes because Sloane could match her power, speed, and athleticism, and Sloane can serve in the 119mph range herself.

And I'm not a hater, I just called it like it was. You all bought into the Serena hype from the commentators that she was gonna win this title. That's what everybody predicted. Well just because they predict that she was gonna win didn't mean she was gonna win.

You little rat a-zz Serena fan, you just have to accept that she is not going to win the AO just like the Venus fans had to accept that she was not going to win the AO when she lost to Maria.

You act like Serena was the only one serving through out the match. Sloane was getting some good serves in on Serena and Serena was hitting winners off of Sloanes serve too, but the difference was the ground game and the net game.

And you don't have to take my word it or my analysis, that's all you gotta do is go back and watch the match and be honest and what how Sloane not only ran Serena side to side, but look at how Serena pulled ahead in the second and third sets. Sloan was serving for the second set and Serena broke her and held serve, and she held serve to pull even at 5 all. Serena was also the first one to break early in the third set, so you can't say that she lost because of her serve.

And if she did lose because of her serve, then she had better work on her all around game and quit only relying on her serve to win her these matches because it might be times when she can't always serve like the previous games and she will have to win the matches without always serving well.

So you quit HATING ON SLOANE because Serena lost. Get over it and move on.
where in my post have i hated on sloane you imbecile? I am happy sloane exists and that shes playing well! i think sloane, li, kerber and azarenka are the only ones who can really fight back against serena's bombs, but you obviously did not watch the match. if you did then you're just biased. serena did NOT PLAY HER NORMAL LEVEL. yes she hit some great shots, but she made 30+ UE's and not because sloane was forcing her. She missed so many easy balls which are normally winners.

with your post you're trying to convince us that serena isnt as great as everyone says she is. she had a bad day lol. now go watch some more pics of sharapova in her bikini
TennisPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:03 PM   #43
country flag fluffyelloballz
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 383
fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

I agree that Sloane deserves credit. Sloane had worked hard to make a match of it in the middle of the second set. The injury coincided with Sloane's good form and it was going to be a case of who handled it best. Sloane almost did not handle it well but recovered to take the second set. In the third, Serena was playing well again and led 4-3. But Sloane managed to stay in the match and take her chances when many players would not have done. It is a very positive sign for her future, showing what she is made of.
__________________
http://www.thetennisreview.com/hall-...say-davenport/
Thinking of five things that make Lindsay Davenport great was easy

http://guardianlv.com/2014/07/serena...o-save-season/
Serena Williams needs a Great U.S Open Series to Save Season
fluffyelloballz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:07 PM   #44
country flag tkutsaar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,427
tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute tkutsaar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisPhan View Post
lol she was not outplayed. serena beat herself again. she just played horrible and sloane played fantastic. all praise to sloane. few can outhit serena when shes hitting bombs, but she wouldn't have won if serena played at least on her 'normal level'. just check her 1st serve % and unforced errors. against kirilenko it was 87%, vs sloane 59%. you really believe sloane would have broken her 6 times if serena served at her normal level? fucking wind... keep hating loser
First of all I’m not a Serena hater and I certainly acknowledge her status as one of the greats of all time in women’s tennis. Your argument in essence is that if Serena was playing as well as she was capable of she would win is simply a useless assertion. It is seldom when a player, although playing poorly still wins a match. Serena is that great a player that given her caliber of play in this match she would have prevailed against a vast majority of players on tour but obviously Sloane was not one of them.

That is why I say Sloane is full value for her win. Or to put it another way, if Sloane was playing poorly, then she sure as hell would not have won the match.
tkutsaar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:17 PM   #45
country flag serenafann
Senior Member
 
serenafann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 1,539
serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of
Re: Sloane deserves credit injury or not most players would have choked this match

She does deserve credit a lot of players would have freaked out and lost.
__________________
Serena-Easily One Of The Top Few...True...All-Time Greats.You Are In A Class By Yourself.
Venus-Luv you.You rule with on court class.
Monica Seles-A Great Player and A Great Career


"Serena Derangement Syndrome"is Real-You Sad Bitter Pathological Haters/Liars in the Tennis media-Nothing You Say Or Write will Diminish Her GREATNESS!!
serenafann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios