Cameron to promise Britons straight choice on EU exit - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #16
country flag matthias
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute matthias has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cameron to promise Britons straight choice on EU exit

UK
matthias is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #17
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Well it isn;t going to happen as the Tories wont be in power after the next election. At worst it will be a tory-lib dem coalition but more likely Labour-Lib Dem

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #18
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halardfan View Post
Britain loses leaving the EU. But so in my opinion does Europe as a whole.
It would be a huge blow to the City of London. And Cameron is completely naive to think that EU leaders would renegotiate EU treaties to meet his wishes. That said, he has a point about the EU and it would be terrible for Germany to see Britain leave. Leaving us alone with eurocrat control freakery and tax and spend politicians who love to feed corrupt East and South European countries but fail to enforce good governance in Europe. Parts of our political class would be even more eager to promote a European superstate that would leave behind democratic accountability and national identities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
That had more to do with it being a Labour government, its neo-liberalism that ruined Europe promoted by the Tories and other rightists across Europe like that awful German woman.
Oh my. You obviously never heard of ordoliberalism and social market economy. That's too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
I actually don't think the EU works in its current form and while the Euro worked when times were good it doesn't when there is a problem because Southern Europe (Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, Ireland and even France) have a different financial culture to say Germany, Netherlands, Scandinavia and Austria. I know Ireland isn't geographically Southern but is when it comes to financial culture.
Exactly. There should have been a EU regime that implements German economic, fiscal policies in all Euro states.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #19
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I know of very few people who give a shit about the EU, either way. The fact that politicians obsess over fringe issues like this, at a time when the economy is in freefall, just goes to show why public interest in politics is falling ever further all the time.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #20
country flag Felipe Abe

Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all Felipe Abe is a name known to all

It can't be true. It won't be great for them (both)
Felipe Abe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #21
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Honestly, I know of very few people who give a shit about the EU, either way. The fact that politicians obsess over fringe issues like this, at a time when the economy is in freefall, just goes to show why public interest in politics is falling ever further all the time.
Yes well I know lots of people who don't give a shit about politics in general, I know some people who don't care for science. The level of people's ignorance/interest doesn't really matter when something is omnipresent in our everyday lives. Our political, economic and even social culture is determined by our relationship with the EU. This isn't a "fringe issue". The fact you would even say that shows how poorly educated the general electorate is (and some Tory politicians too judging by the rhetoric) on the issue and how dangerous this referendum would be. Good God.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #22
country flag Londoner

Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute Londoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olórin View Post
Yes well I know lots of people who don't give a shit about politics in general, I know some people who don't care for science. The level of people's ignorance/interest doesn't really matter when something is omnipresent in our everyday lives. Our political, economic and even social culture is determined by our relationship with the EU. This isn't a "fringe issue". The fact you would even say that shows how poorly educated the general electorate is (and some Tory politicians too judging by the rhetoric) on the issue and how dangerous this referendum would be. Good God.
Precisely.

Everyone I know care a great deal about the issues you mention. Maybe it's the circles I move in thank goodness!
Londoner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #23
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post

Exactly. There should have been a EU regime that implements German economic, fiscal policies in all Euro states.
The fun countries don't play that way honey, probably why we're considered the fun ones.

Not to mention that attempts to spread German policy worked out so well in the 20th Century