Cameron to promise Britons straight choice on EU exit - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:26 AM   #1
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute
Cameron to promise Britons straight choice on EU exit

LONDON, Jan. 22, 2013 (Reuters) — Prime Minister David Cameron will promise on Wednesday to give Britons a straight referendum choice on whether to stay in the European Union or leave, provided he wins an election in 2015.

Cameron will end months of speculation by announcing in a speech the plan for a vote sometime between 2015 and 2018, shrugging off warnings that this could imperil Britain's diplomatic and economic prospects and alienate its allies. In extracts of the speech released in advance by his office, Cameron said public disillusionment with the EU is at "an all-time high".

"It is time for the British people to have their say. It is time to settle this European question in British politics," he said in the extracts, adding that his Conservative party would campaign for the 2015 election promising to renegotiate Britain's EU membership.

"And when we have negotiated that new settlement, we will give the British people a referendum with a very simple in or out choice to stay in the EU on these new terms; or come out altogether. It will be an in-out referendum." Whether Cameron will ever hold the referendum remains as uncertain as the Conservatives' chances of winning the next election due in 2015.

Full article: http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/bre...britain-europe

YUG flag, because it never should have split up.
*JR* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:28 AM   #2
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Cameron to promise Britons straight choice on EU exit

Cameron is gutless. And he's leading Britain to the edge of the abyss. It doesn't bear thinking about what will happen if people vote to leave the EU. Who on earth can think that in the 21st Century we can survive as a Little England? He should have the guts to take a stance.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:01 AM   #3
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

The Tories are terrified of UKIPs rise.

But leave if you want. Some multinational companies had already said they'd move to a different member state and think Ireland would be perfect for them
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 01:32 PM   #4
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post

But leave if you want. Some multinational companies had already said they'd move to a different member state and think Ireland would be perfect for them
UKIP of course is descended from (the late financier Jimmy Goldsmith founded) Referendum Party, from the 1997 election that brought war criminal Tony the Pussycat to power. The RP's single issue IIRC was such a referendum.

Regarding companies moving from there to Ireland, I'm sure Enda Kenny and Gerry Adams, et al would agree. In fact, that might make those "fair weather Republicans" in so-called Ulster Province pro-unification.

Though Queen Lizzie will save the UK I mean Great Britain if she has to spend every billion ££ of welfare payments the Wacky Windsors have gotten ova the years.

YUG flag, because it never should have split up.
*JR* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:17 PM   #5
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You're right. Cameron has said he will campaign tirelessly to stay in the EU. So he's trying to have his cake and eat it: win back the votes that may go to UKIP (from the Tories NOT Labour) and stay in the EU at the same time! As I say, a gutless position. He should face down UKIP and the old farts in his own party who still believe in Little England.

At least Miliband has had the courage to say he wouldn't hold a referendum.

Anyway, the chances of Cameron winning the next election are not looking good, so it may all be meaningless, except it weakens our position Internationally.

On a final note, while I don't know everyone in Britain, I think he has underestimated the number of Britons who are pro-EU. He has listened to the minority who are very vocal. Always a dangerous thing to do!

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:30 AM   #6
country flag Halardfan

Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute

Its a real gamble by Camerom and its purpose is to stop UKIP draining away Tory votes.

For this he is prepared to put Britain`s future on the line, in a vote that may easily be lost, leaving a sidelined Britain out of the EU.

Britain loses leaving the EU. But so in my opinion does Europe as a whole.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #7
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halardfan View Post
But so in my opinion does Europe as a whole.
We'll manage.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #8
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halardfan View Post
Its a real gamble by Camerom and its purpose is to stop UKIP draining away Tory votes.

For this he is prepared to put Britain`s future on the line, in a vote that may easily be lost, leaving a sidelined Britain out of the EU.

Britain loses leaving the EU. But so in my opinion does Europe as a whole.
This is just plain stupidity from Camerom. Many people voted for UKIP because they don't trust mainstream parties and little to do with Europe.

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #9
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

It's all quite academic at this stage because Cameron is by no means guaranteed to be PM in the next Parliament, and he knows it.
Olórin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #10
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Labour take over again.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #11
country flag Halardfan

Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We'll manage.
Actually the UK fought Ireland's corner in the EU when the Celtic tiger died.

But Im sure Germany will be as generous. Good luck.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #12
*Sesil*

That had more to do with it being a Labour government, its neo-liberalism that ruined Europe promoted by the Tories and other rightists across Europe like that awful German woman.

I actually don't think the EU works in its current form and while the Euro worked when times were good it doesn't when there is a problem because Southern Europe (Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus, Ireland and even France) have a different financial culture to say Germany, Netherlands, Scandinavia and Austria. I know Ireland isn't geographically Southern but is when it comes to financial culture.

If the Southern countries had their own monetary policy inflation would be permitted to run and job creation would be the focus of monetary policy whereas Germany et al. is focused on restricting inflation.

Unlike the Federal Reserve in the US the ECB is not mandated to set policies to help boost employment. A major flaw in the ECB.

Although thats a whole other topic.

Also in the EU I feel the Commission needs to either be abolished or elected. Elected by direct elections or by the parliament MEPs in some capacity, not appointed in the manner it currently is.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #13
country flag wayitis

wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute wayitis has a reputation beyond repute

Roughly half of the UK's exports end up in the European Union, and half of its imports come from the continent, so too much is at stake here for the UK to leave the common market just like that... That sounds more like a Cameron's bluff in order to stem the Independence Party's rise... Even though closely allied to the US's foreign policy in recent decades, the UK has too many historical, economical and political ties to Europe, and leaving the continent clear to a Berlin-Paris dominance goes against its tradition and interest...
wayitis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #14
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking personally I want absolutely nothing that Cameron stands for. His values, ideals and morals stink.

What Cameron is doing simply marginalises the UK within Europe. I don't even want to think about the possibility of these guys winning the next Election. I can just see the loony right wing papers like the Mail, Express and of course Rupert Murdoch's Sun campaigning for the UK to leave the next election. It could get very ugly and the consequences could be grave. The Conservatives need to be taken out of government ASAP.
Old Jan 26th, 2013, 07:14 AM   #15
country flag MaBaker
★Serbian Sensation★

MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute

Non-EU Countries: UK Must Fulfill Certain Demands If They Want To Leave EU

MaBaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote