Is Prince Harry A Coward? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:09 PM   #1
country flag AliceMariaRenka

AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of AliceMariaRenka has much to be proud of
Is Prince Harry A Coward?

Prince Harry, the third in line to the throne in the UK, has given an interview in which he states how proud he is to have served his country in Afghanistan. He has been called a coward by The Taliban. Harry has recently spent about 7 months in Afghanistan in the army. He has said he feels he has and wants to continue to seve his country. He has also said that Prince William - 2nd in line to be King - should also be allowed to seve in Afghanistan.

Allegedly, The Taliban have called him a 'coward'. Their view is that he has no business in Afghanistan, represents Imperialism and hides behing massive weaponry and his staus as the son of and brother of future Kings of the UK.

Foegetting his nude photos scandal last year and such tabloid drivel, the fact that he didn't choose to be born to Prince Charles and Princess Diana, and the fact he has been portrayed as a bit of a Playboy, I'd be fascinated to know what you all think - the question is bigger than his shennaigans and personality. There are numerous questions: should a member of the Royal Family be in Afghanistan in the Army? Should someone like Harry be given the privilege of interviews? Has he served his country? What if he was a pacifist and refused to serve in the military? Has he hammered another nail into the coffin of the UK monarchy? Or will this make him more popular - in an increasingly 'England' culture being reported in the media? Or is he representing the UK, its people, and the wishes of the people of the UK?

It may not mean much to many of you on here about him, but my concern is that reprisals will affect people like me and my loved ones who have no say in The UK Army and politics, other than a vote every 5 years - something I myself have not had the opportunity to do yet! And none of us have had the opportunity to vote on the Monarchy! I personally feel that he should not serve overseas in The Army - the actions of The Army are dictated by politicians, and he does not represent my views or the views of people I know, yet his words are broadcast all over the world, and other people think that is what everyone in the UK thinks!

Ana; Maria; Vika

Come on Caroline, prove everyone wrong!
AliceMariaRenka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:14 PM   #2
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Prince Harry A Coward?

I wouldn't consider anyone who serves in the armed forces a coward.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:17 PM   #3
country flag Gagsquet

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond repute Gagsquet has a reputation beyond repute Gagsquet has a reputation beyond repute Gagsquet has a reputation beyond repute Gagsquet has a reputation beyond repute Gagsquet has a reputation beyond repute Gagsquet has a reputation beyond repute Gagsquet has a reputation beyond repute Gagsquet has a reputation beyond repute Gagsquet has a reputation beyond repute Gagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

What the fuck is this thread? Embarrassing.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:32 PM   #4
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

I find all monarchies a total joke in 2013.

Like he actually is put in dangerous scenarios Him and William are basically 2 adults playing soldiers.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:38 PM   #5
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Soldiers follow orders. He was deployed and followed his orders.

I understand your concerns, but the fact is that given the long and complex history of events terrorists are going to target Western countries, whether Harry serves or not. It's already happened, and it will happen again.

I am personally not a big fan of military retaliation against terrorism--I think police and paramilitary police are the best way to handle it--but like you, my government disagrees with me.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:39 PM   #6
country flag jjlove

jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future jjlove has a brilliant future
Does anyone really think that he has served as any other soldier? I think him being there it's a pantomime and an insult to anyone's intelligence. I guess they dont know what to do with him and this serves as a whitewash for previous situations (nazi costume, nude pictures...)

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
jjlove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:38 PM   #7
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post

I find all monarchies a total joke in 2013.

Like he actually is put in dangerous scenarios Him and William are basically 2 adults playing soldiers.
I agree re. monarchies in general, and the House of Windsor more than other figurehead "royal families". But its not really up to him, as he'd be a "prime target" (making everyone with him the same) if he were spotted near a front line. And his uncle "Prince Andrew" was on a combat ship in the Falklands err, Malvinas War 30 years ago.

Sorry, yer a good Irishman ya are but I gotta go with Max on this one. Frankly, I'd rather see relatives of Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, etc. face hostile fire; as those politicians actually (had or have) a say in British foreign and military policy.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:43 PM   #8
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Well if he can't operate like a regular soldier they should stop this whole charade of putting royals in the military.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:13 AM   #9
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

A coward? No.
A prat? Yes.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:45 AM   #10
country flag wild.river

wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute wild.river has a reputation beyond repute

i dislike the monarchy too but why are we even entertaining something the TALIBAN called prince harry?
wild.river is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:21 AM   #11
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Robertson View Post
I wouldn't consider anyone who serves in the armed forces a coward.
Agree. I wonder how the OP would feel if people had balked from defending the world from the Nazis?

I get quite upset at people who sit at home slagging off service men and women.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:22 AM   #12
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagsquet View Post
What the fuck is this thread? Embarrassing.
Agree. If anything it makes the OP sound cowardly.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:59 AM   #13
*Sesil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula View Post

I get quite upset at people who sit at home slagging off service men and women.
He's hardly Bob who just turned up at a recruiting station.

I'd love to know when every single armed forces member became a hero regardless of doing anything heroic or not I presume The Sun is probably to thank for that.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:49 AM   #14
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild.river View Post
i dislike the monarchy too but why are we even entertaining something the TALIBAN called prince harry?
this and this.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 01:27 PM   #15
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Talula;23514330]Agree. I wonder how the OP would feel if people had balked from defending the world from the Nazis?

I get quite upset at people who sit at home slagging off service men and women.[/QUOTE]A

So did Kipling.

Oh it's Tommy this and Tommy that,
and chuck him out, the brute.
But it's savior of his country,
when the guns begin to shoot.

"Oh it's Tommy this and Tommy that and chuck him out, the brute.
But it's savior of his country when the guns begin to shoot."
Rudyard Kipling
HippityHop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote