Beyonce's Colossal Fail: lip-synching the National Anthem at the inauguration - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:52 PM   #1
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
Beyonce's Colossal Fail: lip-synching the National Anthem at the inauguration

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=18285823

Did Beyonce Lip-Sync the 'Star-Spangled Banner' at the Inauguration?

BY SHUSHANNAH WALSHE (@shushwalshe) AND DAVID MEYERS
Jan. 22, 2013

Say it ain't so, B.

Beyonce lip-synced the Star-Spangled Banner at Monday's inaugural ceremonies, a Marine Corps Band spokeswoman said today.

The band wasn't playing when Beyonce sang her rousing rendition of the Star-Spangled Banner at President Obama's second inauguration Monday.

"We all know Beyonce can sing," Master Sgt. of the U.S. Marine Corps Band Kristin Dubois told ABC News today. "We all know the Marine Corps Band can play. We do not know why she decided to go with the pre-recorded music at the last minute."

Dubois later added that to her knowledge Beyonce was not singing. It was Beyonce's voice, but a pre-recorded version heard by about million people in Washington, D.C. and millions more on television.

A representative for Beyonce did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The band was not playing while Beyonce was singing, Dubois added, but it was live during the rest of the performances, including Kelly Clarkson's rendition of "My Country, 'Tis of Thee." The band was asked not to play for only that performance, Dubois added.

Clarkson could be seen signaling to Beyonce after the National Anthem performance and appeared to mouth the words, "Its so hard."

James Taylor, another performer at the cold outdoor inauturation ceremony, said on Monday he was happy to get through his performance "without any train wrecks.

"It's always hard for a guitar player to play when it's cold because your hands sort of stiffen up and you know nerves tend to do that to you anyway…so I was you know very relieved to have gotten to it without any major train wrecks," he told George Stephanopoulos and Diane Sawyer.

The issue surfaced Tuesday when Washingtonian magazine first reported that it didn't seem as though the President's Own Marine Corps Band was playing during her rendition.

The pop star seemed to be having audio issues at one point during the song, pulling out her ear piece.

Dubois said she did not know why Beyonce took the ear piece out.

The Washingtonian also noted that Beyonce posted an Instagram photo of herself in a recording studio holding a copy of the sheet music to the "Star-Spangled Banner."

It's not the first time for synced music at an Obama inauguration. In 2009, the cellist Yo-Yo Ma and the violinist Itzhak Perlman, because of cold and wind, did not play the version of John Williams' "Air and Simple Gifts" that was projected onto the Mall.

Monday's noon temperature of 40 degrees was 3 degrees above the average inauguration swearing-in temperature of 37, according to the Washington Post.
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 05:34 AM   #2
country flag plantman

plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beyonce's Colossal Fail: lip-synching the National Anthem at the inauguration

Beyonce lip syncs for her life at the inauguration

The Marine Band confirmed to the New York Times that Beyonce decided at the last minute to use a recording made the night before rather than perform live. No big deal. Recordings are made as a security blanket in case the frigid temperatures freeze up the vocal pipes

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-inauguration/

Appears as though she did!
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 07:29 AM   #3
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beyonce's Colossal Fail: lip-synching the National Anthem at the inauguration

The cold seems like a valid reason though
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:40 AM   #4
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

If she can't sing live, don't sign up for the gig!
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:12 PM   #5
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwiny Tyeka Cwer View Post
The cold seems like a valid reason though
Everyone else didn't mind
ivanban is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:17 PM   #6
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Who the hell cares except a bunch of drama queens?

Hug an SDS sufferer, today.
JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:21 PM   #7
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

When Xtina missed the odd word people mocked her, Beyonce is fair game even if she doesn't have the haters Xtina has.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 01:01 PM   #8
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
When Xtina missed the odd word people mocked her, Beyonce is fair game even if she doesn't have the haters Xtina has.
Beyonce has way more haters

At any rate I was disappointed when I found out as lipsynching is one of the (many) reasons I generally don't like pop music. I still never got around to watching the performance but from the clips I've seen towards the end it does look sound like she is singing with a backing track, rather than full on miming. I think she realized halfway through the performance that this was a bad idea, but it was too late. Considering that nobody really cares about the fact that Whitney did it anymore we can assume Beyonce too will recover, but for the moment it's horrible promo for the superbowl/new album. I can't help but think that if Matthew were still pulling the strings she would have sang it live and we wouldn't be talking about this.

Edit: at any rate this should be merged with the other Beyonce thread since that's the topic of discussion there anyway.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 01:21 PM   #9
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 01:42 PM   #10
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I still think she sang live. She is way too good to do this. She sounded a little hoarser than usual and you can hear her breathe still.
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:00 PM   #11
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanban View Post
Everyone else didn't mind
Nobody minded when Whitney lip synchned back at the 1991 Super Bowl . Lots of performers do it at big events. Many times at the request of the producers/organizers
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:22 PM   #12
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

just saying

and we all know how particular, delicate, moving was that historical moments for all americans

I miss her so much
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:24 PM   #13
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun View Post
just saying

and we all know how particular, delicate, moving was that historical moments for all americans

I miss her so much
It's still so shocking and sad that she has passed
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:28 PM   #14
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

anyway this other was the one she sang for soldiers (the one I mentioned referring to particular historical moment)

always amazing, the eternal diva

Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 05:49 PM   #15
country flag M.P

M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute

Kelly owned her

Muguruza Tsonga Berdych Gulbis Dimitrov Thiem Krajinovic Rosol
Han Peng Zhangs Zhou Wangs ZhengSS Yangs Tian XuSL Liu

Giorgi Jovanovski Bencic Konjuh Petkovic Garcia Wawrinka Pospisil Tang
Zvonareva Peng Mladenovic Larcher-de-Brito Babos Vekic Kulichikova
M.P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote