Calamity Kvitty heads to Paris for Mud Digging, Shopping and some Indoor Tennis!! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:26 AM   #31
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Calamity Kvitty heads to Paris for Mud Digging, Shopping and some Indoor Tennis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Stupid Petra (losing to Robson, being out of shape and form, etc.).

Now I feel even worse.

Serena Lost!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Please don't try talking any sense into me, about the probabilities of Serena not getting hurt playing Petra, etc. LOL
How about something more realistic like: Even if Petra had squeaked thru to the 3rd round(a very do-able task),she almost surely would've lost to Sloane...who's fleeter of foot,much hungrier...and is playing much better overall tennis than Petra currently is.To me,early-round losses are preferable than lucking into a deeper round cuz they force the player and her team(...MOST teams,that is)to look for both long- and short-term solutions

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:49 AM   #32
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold
Re: Calamity Kvitty heads to Paris for Mud Digging, Shopping and some Indoor Tennis!

Yes. And you know what? Other players being out of the tournament isn't going to help Petra because she's proven she can lose to anyone.

She has to get through tournaments herself, without the help of other peoples' injuries and WD and not having to face top 10-ers.
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:02 AM   #33
country flag hypersonic

hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road

Paris' line-up is actually a blessing in disguise (if Petra plays well) so she would notice that nowadays, a victory isn't a walk-on-the-beach event anymore, she has to work hard for those wins and deserve them (as netphobia said) - and not getting 'lucky' draws. True inner confidence comes from toughing it out, how harsh it might sound (I still remember her match against Safina in '09 US Open) and not through a 'false' feeling that she has won from a subpar opponent (either through injury or low ranking).
hypersonic is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:32 AM   #34
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post

Thanks to @opengdfsuez for the wild card! Happy to be returning to Paris and hope for some good matches. I have nice memories from 2011

:hatoff:Well folks, the Kvitty ‘Circus’ Caravan pulls in to Paris for an ‘indoors’ stopover on it’s way to the ‘Arabian Desert’ so the Donkeys pulling this caravan can get fed & watered from the long jouney from 'down under'.. (just for laughs I’ll leave it up to your imaginations as to who these Donkeys are…) but pulling the reigns are Uncles Kotyza, Cernosek at the front of the caravan, at the back of the caravan playing the banjo and singing along are Peter, Kristian Bajza, Michal Safar and Aunty Katie Spellman and of course our lovable Kvitty….

Here’s hoping there will be lots of mud digging!! - and our dear Kvitty will no doubt scamp away to Galeries Lafayette and Champs-Elysees avenue to get away from it all….

Enjoy the drama!!.....
Nice! Hahahaha
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:56 PM   #35
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
How about something more realistic like: Even if Petra had squeaked thru to the 3rd round(a very do-able task),she almost surely would've lost to Sloane...who's fleeter of foot,much hungrier...and is playing much better overall tennis than Petra currently is.To me,early-round losses are preferable than lucking into a deeper round cuz they force the player and her team(...MOST teams,that is)to look for both long- and short-term solutions
The only thing is: I DON'T think Sloane would have played as well against anyone else yesterday. We'll see how she does against Azarenka (Sloane will probably get dismissed).

I just think she had her reasons to beat Serena yesterday (Serena injuries, mental issue; Sloane revenge from Serena "Disrespect", stepping up, no pressure, etc.).

And of course, I was speaking about if Petra was playing better to beat Robson. Petra played like shit in various facets. But who knows what would have happened if she played Sloane (who wasn't great against Robson herself, though she straight setted her).

Nonetheless, let's hope Petra and her team make drastic changes, work harder and pay much more attention to detail as a result of her latest embarrassing loss.

Unfortunately (like you), I'm not so sure if it's going to make a big difference. I think it's still all on Petra, "Catching Lightening In A Bottle" again at Paris Indoors.

That appears to be their plan (that and to send her back to the currently useless Psychologist/Mentalist). How about more practice, working on her Tennis Game!?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 01:11 PM   #36
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

PS: I wonder/I hope, a very disappointed Petra's team has taken all this free time to practice hard and hire a Male Hitting Partner (I doubt it) for tough simulation games, properly preparing her for Paris??
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:29 PM   #37
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
I hope Petra's clueless team is watching this Sloane Stevens vs Serena Williams match.

If Petra's team wants to pick up some cues on how to be more competitive against Serena, they should just watch this match.

You just can't sit there and ball bash with Serena. You got to use some variety, with your defensive slices, defensive ROS stabs, use of top spin, drop shots and angles, as well as coming to the net every opportunity you get. This is essentially Petra's YEC game, that would work well against anybody (especially the Azarenka's and Sharapova's that like steady pace). Young Sloane Stevens is employing all of this in a Mexican Standoff (sorry Bruce), even after Serena's pain killer kicked in for her tweaked back. Win or lose. She displayed the tools (at least in this match).

Somehow (at least for the time being), I don't see it making a difference with them. When will we ever see our Wonderful All Court Tennis Playing Petra again?
What??? Serena got hurt, her level drop and her serve, she wasnt even moving, while this mug was just hanging in there, Stephens is lucky, now Azarenka is gonna kick her butt...
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:51 PM   #38
country flag steni

Quote:
This is really a miilion dollar question for netphobia,I.Luv.Kvitty, Steni & TennisAddict84 ..... so why isn't romance driving kvittyGOAT ?? I am baffled as to why Adam is not having the same effect on Kvitty.....?

answers most welcome....free tubs of ice cream with all answers...
Hmmm, for me dating is so exciting in the beginning and things are great, so I guess everything around you is awesome and you are motivated and happy. Petra probably loves her bf but like I.Luv.Kvitty said they have been dating for a while so the excitement is not the same, but who knows how they feel about each other maybe she still feels the butterflies everytime she sees Adam.

Petra's issues arent about love I think. Its her confidence and more...
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:08 PM   #39
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Hmmm, for me dating is so exciting in the beginning and things are great, so I guess everything around you is awesome and you are motivated and happy. Petra probably loves her bf but like I.Luv.Kvitty said they have been dating for a while so the excitement is not the same, but who knows how they feel about each other maybe she still feels the butterflies everytime she sees Adam.

Petra's issues arent about love I think. Its her confidence and more...
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:14 PM   #40
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

It would've been a fantastic SF match if Petra plays Vika!
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:47 PM   #41
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

At the moment Petra is 2nd for both aces and double faults in Melbourne, despite playing only two matches

A bit lucky with the aces really - largely thanks to Robson's slow reaction time

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...ats/index.html

Last edited by pling : Jan 23rd, 2013 at 04:26 PM.
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 05:45 PM   #42
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

That's because somehow she hit 18 aces and 18 dfs in one match
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:44 PM   #43
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Luv.Kvitty View Post
Thank you, but I never know if you are being sarcastic or not
Sarcasm is something alien to a Scandinavian Moose, which is always genuine, chilled out & fun-loving ….
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 07:09 PM   #44
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
(audio) Martina „I must go to her, she will not ask. Perhaps I will find her somewhere. I would like to help her.“

http://www.rozhlas.cz/zpravy/tenis/_...itove--1165555
Those of you who have twitter accounts please forward these links to Kvitty's & Spellman's Twitter accounts so Kvitty will at least know that MN is offering to help - I really don't trust that 'cabal management team' to pass this on to her beacuse it is not in their interest to have MN come-in & shake things-up...Once news hits Spellman then it could be taken up by the mainstream press & Petra will have to respond to MN in someway I feel....it would be rude of her not to...

!!This is the best news I have had all year re: Kvitty....
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 07:55 PM   #45
country flag steni

Quote:
Those of you who have twitter accounts please forward these links to Kvitty's & Spellman's Twitter accounts so Kvitty will at least know that MN is offering to help - I really don't trust that 'cabal management team' to pass this on to her beacuse it is not in their interest to have MN come-in & shake things-up...Once news hits Spellman then it could be taken up by the mainstream press & Petra will have to respond to MN in someway I feel....it would be rude of her not to...

!!This is the best news I have had all year re: Kvitty....
I did! i hope she replies!