Is Agnieszka too slight and needs to light weights to win a slam - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:16 AM   #1
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold
Is Agnieszka too slight and needs to light weights to win a slam

I am so disappointed in this result, but not shocked Agnieszka Radwanska is so skinny she is competing against these amazons, these big muscular women at the top of women tennis. Justine Henin was also frail and thin but she decided to light weights to compete against the amazon Williams Sisters, Mauresmo, Davenport, and Sharapova.

I really thought this was going to be Agnieszka Radwanska was going to win the Australian Open. She played so well destroyed all her opponents in straight sets. Li Na played well but I am shocked that she lost. I feel Agnieszka is too skinny she almost looks frail, she might need to light some weights. She needs more power in her game to beat the best players I feel. I think it is the only way Agnieszka is going to win a slam. It is not her fault that she is playing these amazons, these women with huge muscles like Serena Williams, and Samantha Stosur, or women who are six foot plus giants like Maria Sharapova.

It must be tough to be a frail feminine girl like Agnieszka Radwanska and wonder what she has to do to beat these muscular amazons.
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:18 AM   #2
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Agnieszka too slight and needs to light weights to win a slam

Jankovic thought the same thing at the end of 08 at her peak and bulked up in early 2009. That failed badly and she never recovered since.

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:19 AM   #3
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

She doesn't have the technique to hit hard. Only if you have the right technique will hitting the gym make a difference, a la Justine.
Putting on muscles will just slow her down like Jankovic.
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:27 AM   #4
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
It must be tough to be a frail feminine girl like Agnieszka Radwanska and wonder what she has to do to beat these muscular amazons.
Henin, Schiavone, Hingis ....

It's not that she's physically weak. She's mentally weak. She's a frightened puppuet, easily intimidated, and for the rest of her career, she's going to face opponents who know to just try and overpower her. Half the time, it's work, and she'll wind up one of those players who ar ein and out of the top ten.

Or, pardon the complete inappropriate phrase, she'll 'grow a pair'.

Go look at the history of the sport. Evert was no Amazon. Nor Goolagong or Wade or BJK. But they were WOMEN, not little girls. Radwanska has every physical skil in the world she needs to be a multi-slam champ. But she's a wuss.

Want it in International English? She's a coward. She lacks, as Justine Henin put it, 'courage'.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:32 AM   #5
country flag Alarmed

Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future Alarmed has a brilliant future

Why on Earth did you think Aga would win this title?

Oldest #1 in WTA history
Alarmed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:34 AM   #6
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post

It's not that she's physically weak. She's mentally weak. She's a frightened puppuet, easily intimidated, and for the rest of her career, she's going to face opponents who know to just try and overpower her. Half the time, it's work, and she'll wind up one of those players who ar ein and out of the top ten.

Go look at the history of the sport. Evert was no Amazon. Nor Goolagong or Wade or BJK. But they were WOMEN, not little girls. Radwanska has every physical skil in the world she needs to be a multi-slam champ. But she's a wuss.

Want it in International English? She's a coward. She lacks, as Justine Henin put it, 'courage'.
No.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:34 AM   #7
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Stays slim so that she will look better in the model photo shoots
Melange is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:40 AM   #8
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
Stays slim so that she will look better in the model photo shoots
No, that is a territory Ana and some of her her fans have taken over.

To the topic of the thread. This question has been asked fews times in the past.
It was asked of Hingis when WS sisteres burst onto the scene; she said no.
It was also asked about Henin; she welcomed the question and took the challenge.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Jan 22nd, 2013 at 02:47 AM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:41 AM   #9
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
No.
PHYSICAL skill. Do you really believe she has fewer SKILLS than say, Kuznetsova? Never mind her lack of ability to apply those skills under pressure, just look at the shot-making. The problem isn't her shots, it's her complete unwillingness to exchange with more powerful players.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:44 AM   #10
moby

Quote:
PHYSICAL skill. Do you really believe she has fewer SKILLS than say, Kuznetsova? Never mind her lack of ability to apply those skills under pressure, just look at the shot-making. The problem isn't her shots, it's her complete unwillingness to exchange with more powerful players.
I don't know what you mean by skills then. She can hit more shots decently, but her best shot is worse than the best shots of most other players.

How can she "exchange" with more powerful players? She loses easily when it comes down to a game of technical ability. Her only chance is to make it a game of probability via attrition or court positioning, but even then that game would be taken out of her hand if her opponent is executing.

One point in that last game, she had a break point, and she was hitting as aggressively as I've seen her (it was funny to see her try). For Na, the pace of the rally was completely normal, but you could see that Agatha was struggling to sustain the pace and eventually she smacked a flat forehand up the middle of the net.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:46 AM   #11
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future

Yes, it appears we will have all power players in the semis.

Am I disappointed? Yes, I am. Should Aga start working on her bodybuilding and power? I am not sure she can. She is who she is and she cannot change it. And probably shouldn't try.
Karolina tried to be what she isn't and we see where it took her. So stay who you are, and if this is how far it can take you, then be happy with it.

--

--

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina
Manitou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:30 AM   #12
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't she the same size and height as Sam Stosur? She has to work with what she has got.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:34 AM   #13
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She doesn't have the technique to hit hard. Only if you have the right technique will hitting the gym make a difference, a la Justine.
Exactly.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:41 AM   #14
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future

Quote:

I am frustrated too. I may change my mind tomorrow, but right now I agree with everything you said....

--

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina
Manitou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:53 AM   #15
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, we don't know whether she will have Henin or Jankovic results.
She is a smart girl, I bet she can tweak her technique to hit harder.
Besides she does not have to hit as hard as the big hitter; just having some decent power that will allow her to stay in rallies should be enough.
She already has tremendous court sense; but she can't execute if she is unable to stay in rallies.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote